Thracia Chapter 10

Okay, I can deal with thieves. I can deal with ballistae. BUT I CANNOT DEAL WITH POWERFUL, ACCURATE BALLISTAE AND THIEVES THAT DESTROY HOUSES IN THREE TURNS. Seriously, what the fuck? How the hell am I supposed to beat this chapter? I'm playing on ELITE MODE and this game is kicking my ass repeatedly! Someone always ends up dying to a cheap ballista shot. Last time it was Dalsin, and he had 17 fucking defense!

I don't know how many times I've restarted this damn chapter. Someone please give me some advice.

Dagda can probably bait the ballistae thanks to Duel.

Use Nanna for the Charisma boost. If you have it, have her equip the Elite Sword. She'll like the extra defense and Elite for healing.

Karin and Fergus should be deployed and stay within three squares of each other. Karin can probably intercept the Thieves fairly easily, while Fergus is just good all around, especially with a Rapier or a Fire Sword. Karin does have fairly decent dodge against ballistae with supports too, which could help a bit. Too bad she dies if a random bolt hits, though.

Deploying Fin isn't a bad idea either. He gives a useful leadership star, while he can survive easily thanks to Prayer and the Hero Lance.

If you're into that, send Shiva north to the arena for some money, with Saphy around him for healing and support (I forget if it works in the arena though). If Shiva doesn't get hurt in a fight, Saphy can always heal someone else with Physic.

Hopefully your Asvel is promoted too. He makes a good frontline healer and deals good damage.

I'd use everyone in a tight pack, having your mounties fight and retreat. Brighton and Hicks can use Hammers against those pesky Armors, retreat, and have someone switch their items for a weaker axe.

If Dalsin is promoted, he can use the Elite Sword for 5 more defense, but I think Nanna uses it better.

Watch out for Tobolzark too. Try to have Dagda or Asvel fight him since they can use effective weaponry.

If all else fails, promote Saphy and use Warp I guess.

Edited by Dio

It's not vital, but I found it extremely useful. Be extra careful around Nanna and have her be near Fin and Leaf.

Good. He should be in range of Leaf since he recieves a support bonus from him. Armors are nothing to him either.

I like flying Karin to a ballista then dismounting her. I don't know how practical it is but she can theoretically kill a ballista that way. I remember the houses being really hard to get, so don't fret if you end up missing them, though the Rescue Staff is really awesome.

If you're fine with missing out on the lower thief's items, you can have Karin fly someone decent over to the lower village to get the item there. You can also just send one strong character to take out the ballista north of your starting point, get rid of the armor blocking the bridge ASAP, and have another strong character rush to the other village.

Personally I wouldn't use Dagda to bait ballistae. I guess it must be a valid strategy, because a lot of other people recommend it, but every time I tried it, Charge activated and Dagda got killed. If you're really, really patient, you could just sit around and let the ballistae wear themselves out on your most durable characters.

I don't think the villages are hard to get to in time as long as you have at least two characters who can hold out on their own for a few turns. Capturing the thieves is much harder.

The Ballistae seem to prefer targetting some units more than others. I'm not sure exactly how, but Rifis and Karin seem to be their favourites. Rifis' avoid isn't usually too shabby, so he has a good chance of baiting them.