A question about DLC Characters

That won't necessarily need to happen. Look at Namco's Soulcalibur 5. They're selling a few character creator pieces for $2-$4 biweekly, a format very similar to the one Nintendo is following with FE Awakening's DLC. On the other hand, Koei has bundled the Japanese Orochi Warriors 3 stage packs while releasing them in the USA.

If Nintendo does sell them in packs, I could see something like $10 for each three stage pack, not really much cheaper than they'd be individually, and you'd be forced to buy all three if you wanted one... In fact, that format might be very useful for the King vs King chapter, since it'd allow them to sell all three chapters for people who wanted the exclusive male class.

Or they could not be jerks and not attach Demon Fighter to characters that almost no one in America cares about. I think that's the better route.

Or they could not be jerks and not attach Demon Fighter to characters that almost no one in America cares about. I think that's the better route.

...How is that being jerks? The character to whom the Demon Fighter DLC is attached doesn't matter in the slightest if you're just buying it for the Demon Fighter. You're still getting the Demon Fighter, and it's practically no different than if it was attached to, say, Ike (and if you have a really burning urge to see Ike as a Demon Fighter for whatever reason you just get another copy of the Scroll and reclass the SpotPass/hypothetical future DLC him to it).