Gender Change Competition - Round 7

Xiltas Crysten

Okay, Mew confirmed her absence, and Vamp has chosen the new entry. This time, the lucky one is...

Sonia.png

Sonia! (Hmm, I honestly have no idea what she... he will look like, I'm really excited about this one!)

Da+Rules.jpg

-You may use any spriting technique, means splicing, semi- and full-customizing... whatever you want to do, just as long as you can still tell which character it's supposed to be.

-You may use the character's original colors or similar colors, limit is 15 colors + background (if the original character has less than 15 colors, you may choose the remaining colors yourself). Use either FE7 or FE8 colors, don't mix them up. Also, you can change a character's skin color if you wish.

-One mug per member, you may change your entry as long as it is only a fixed version, not a completely different sprite.

-Any size allowed, the sprite isn't limited to hack-box-size (meaning half- or full-bodies are allowed as well)

-Winner is chosen by voting, and as usual, don't vote for yourself. The winner may also choose the next character.

-The Winner also opens the new Topic. If he/she doesn't want to, he/she can send me a PM and I'll take care of it.

Statement on FE9/10-Mugs (18th June '12):

I thought that it would be a cool idea: If you feel creative enough, you may take an FE6/7/8 character, change the chara's gender and give him/her a FE9/10 look. This is neither necessary nor required, this is merely a "permission". Also, if you do it, the color limit does not apply on the sprite, yet you may use similar colors. Are you brave enough to take this challenge?

Ready...Go!

Deadline: 26th June 3rd July

Edited by Xiltas Shepard

This could become really interesting.

I'm already working on my entry, though it will totally suck.

But I've got a question. Regarding the recent discussion about the contests, will entries and voting be anonymous or as usual?

ku47xrq3.png

I said that it'll totally suck, didn't I?

I like the sprite in general, but he lacks any resemblance to Sonia. At least a friend whom I showed it recognized it as a morph.

Well, submitting doesn't hurt.

Entry accepted. He looks quite good^^

So far we have only 1 entry, I hope we'll see some more until tomorrow.

I say 1 entry, because as much as I'd like to, I just can't accept your sprite, Nova, I'm sorry. As you said yourself, he lacks any resemblance to Sonia, which is a necissity, as I've stated in Rule No.1: -You may use any spriting technique, means splicing, semi- and full-customizing... whatever you want to do, just as long as you can still tell which character it's supposed to be.

No matter how much I try, I just can't tell it's Sonny (let's just call him that), Sonia's male version. There's still time, you may enter another sprite.

Huh, that's pretty interesting, looks like Sonia merged with Alvis and Valter o.o

While you are right about the entries, Nova's sprite as a standalone is good, that's true. But I just can't tell how it's supposed to be a male Sonia...

Well, it does look like a morph, at least. And frankly, Sonia pretty much can't be genderbent without looking quite different. But that's just my opinion.

Quite different yes, but look at Mew or Sea Lion: they gender bent her without taking the elements away that make up the core of Sonia. I wasn't sure whether or not I could accept it, for various reasons... I am sorry about this, but you for example can't just waltz into the Splicing Comp with a FC either, do you? And it's similar here. If you can't tell it's supposed to be the specific character, it doesn't meet the requirements.

Edited by Xiltas Shepard

Lol I'm surprised you got Valter out of mine, that's the only mug I referenced for this, but it magically ended up looking a lot more like spliced Linus with a wig :T