Noob Questions

Vanguard 1

You can replace Lowen's portrait ID with Leila's, as well as the growths and stats and all that, creating a duplicate Leila that isn't going to be called out by that event. Use this, and you shoulnd't experience any problems.

You can replace Lowen's portrait ID with Leila's, as well as the growths and stats and all that, creating a duplicate Leila that isn't going to be called out by that event. Use this, and you shoulnd't experience any problems.

That was exactly what I did. Lowen didn't even technically exist. At this point I am just going to have to live with it until I understand event hacking.

I just tried editing the Prologue of FE8, but the game freezes at the point that Seth give Eirika the rapier. All I did was adjust the items and classes of these two characters. Any Advice?

What you're describing is changing the entire ID for Lowen with the entire ID for Leila. This meant you had two Leila's in the game. What you should have done was kept Lowen with his default ID, but changed which portrait and data he was supposed to load. What you're describing is loading Leila--not loading pieces of what constitutes Leila.

You want Lowen to exist. If the event code calls for removing whatever ID Leila is, then you giving that ID to Lowen's old slot will force that character to be flushed.

change everything but the 'character id' in the character editor

celice explained it very well. You want Lowen to exist. Because it's easier to force Lowen to look and behave exactly like Leila than it is to make Leila appear from nowhere.

Edited by Camtech

Okay, so I just make Lowen look, act, and perform like Leila, but not be her. Thanks.

I still am figuring out how the heck to edit the prologue in FE8, and I can't Event Edit yet.

EDIT: This is totally unrelated to hacking but, my Visual Boy advance crashes on every patched game I have tried. The exception is dream of five. I have also tried other emulators, but these crash too. Do I need an older version of an emulator?

Edited by Vanguard 1