Battle Background questions

LloydReed32

Hello everyone. I have run into a bit of an issue again. I am trying to add in my own battle backgrounds, and I have noticed in Blazer's tutorial, he posts a link to his own custom TSA file - http://www.sendspace.com/file/brdyeq , which unfortunately appears to be broken. Does anyone know if he has updated it elsewhere? I've searched this forum for a similar topic and have been unable to find anything. Scanning google comes up with no results either.

Lastly, I would like to remove or edit the battle platforms. How is this possible?

Any answers would be greatly appreciated. I am doing quite well learning how to hack the game, but I can't seem to find the answers for these few things.

The battle platform graphics are late in the game (0xF_____), I'm not sure where exactly but if you look in GBAGE it should be obvious. Just replace them with Black Graphics (or replace one, find the table, and mass repoint to save space and time).

As for the TSA I'll see if I can find it in one of my ROMs and re-upload it to a reliable source later, I've been busy, sorry yo

Thank you so much for your reply, man. I am trying to make my hack as customized as possible and the TSA would help greatly.

Edit: Just made the platforms disappear. The backgrounds would look so sweet now! :lol:

Edited by LloydReed32

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8875056/hacking/downloads/BBG%20Standard%20TSA.map

There you go, sorry for the delay yo. Are you the same person that e-mailed me, btw? Well, either way, it's updated in the tutorial and I'll send it to that e-mail as well. I hope it works: I just ripped the data from my own hack since I don't have the original file, but it SHOULD be the same thing. XP

Thank you very much man. I have downloaded and now my backgrounds work perfectly.

mmxtmf.jpg

I didn't email you, as I figured you would upload it eventually. I try to be patient haha.Thanks again man.

I'm glad to hear it! Thanks for the screenshot/you're welcome/thanks for being patient. XD

EDIT: Just FYI I said thanks for the screenshot because it looks cool lol

Edited by Strawhat Luffy

Awesome. May decide to post the hack if I become a bit more confident in it. I've learned a lot in just a few weeks. I know how to do a bit of the advanced stuff like spells, mostly thanks to your tutorials, of course :P