Anonymous Mafia - Game Over

Prims

@Traggles: I can't see the exact timestamp, but even if that is the case, I'm p.sure SD would be still lynched by having the last post.

@Eternity: Please read the whole thread before placing votes.

This is actually going to be a short post from me (miracles do happen.)

@Perseus, who do you think is scum besides Sundown?

Uh, fucking VDC now that I saw that crane post. 'oh hey guys let's give the lynchbomb claim a lynchproof item.' Need I say more?

##Vote:VDC

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Pass-code

I find Eternlty very scummy and almost as much as I find Volt scummy and it makes sense to have them both as scum. Volt had this post

Undecided as to his Eternity vote; it was late in the day after Sundown's claim. Could be seen as an opportunistic vote on a Townie; for Eternity to be a scumbuddy Yoshimi would have had to be certain others wouldn't start going after him because Yoshimi was the third vote on that wagon. Then again, after fakeclaiming, he switched over to Vanilla; given that right after his claim Eternity became a possible alternate lynch target, perhaps he wanted to get his vote off of a scumbuddy. If Eternity is Town then unvoting him at that point seems foolish, since Vanilla was not that likely to get lynched at the time and Yoshimi's best chance of saving himself would be to get somebody else lynched. So why not Eternity, since others were suspicious of him? Makes me lean slightly scum on Eternity, but it's a weak read.

which makes me think Volt is trying to get people to look away from Eternlty and at the same time leaving space for herself to walk away if Eternlty flipped scum

In my opinion, the crane should be returned to the host every other phase and anyone who doesn't follow this should be considered scum.

@ilt- why should it be returned without question to me every other phase? i mean, i have no objections towards it, but if the person who has it posts in thread who they're giving it to, and that person confirms when they receive it, i'll still know who has it, and therefore will be able to negate the protection if need be. and if someone is caught lying that'd be rather obvious scumbuddying.

@numbers- it's just that i'm pretty sure who the new sundown is, and i know meta is dumb in this game, but they're acting like they do when they're town. it's going to look bad on me if they flip scum, but my gut is saying that they're town, so i won't be voting for them.

a heads up, i'm sleeping now and then i'll be out most of the day, so yeah.

Connection issues.

@Computer Serial Number, I'd currently go for Vanilla Diet Coke, followed by VoltTackle and Sundown, followed by Eternity and Trafalgar. Vanilla Diet Coke's ISO looks terrible. VoltTackle is doing a bit more of substance, and that vote by Vanilla Diet Coke is a null tell ATM. I'm not willing to believe Sparrrow's meta reads, because this is a game that shouldn't be using meta in the first place. Eternity's nowhere to be found, and Trafalgar is too passive for my tastes. If I am to use my persuasion, I'd like to know as soon as possible. I will probably be elsewhere for the last 12 hours of the day phase.

Sundown (4) - NE93B27J3U, Sundown, VoltTackle, Eternlty (L-3!)

Vanilla Diet Coke (3) - tails1996, Daniel Craig, Perseus

VoltTackle (3) - ILoveTangerine, Sparrrow, Vanilla Diet Coke

Eternlty (2) - Trafalgar, Shotta

Not Voting - None!

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to hammer. You have about 24 hours left in the day (countdown).

Sundown is at L-3!

Remember, no majority means randomlynch!

I have this game in a separate browser which basically stays open 24/7.

@Daniel Craig, why do you think Sundown is town now as compared to yesterday?

The new Sundown's willingness to be lynched. I can't ever see a scum wanting to die that bad, even if it was a scum bomb/vengeful because that would be 2 1-for-1 scum deaths in a row, which is not really a great way for scum to play. Plus we have a persuader to make the bomb lynch kill who we want(assuming hypothetical scum!bomb didn't lie about who dies) which could, if we get lucky, even result in a mafia death. Mafia wouldn't put themselves in a position to lose 2 players like that.

I return with opinions

eternity: Dear predecessor please learn to look less scummy wth man. Also to answer NE93's question, I'm not going to defend someone else's herp derp BS when I'm not him and could therefore not know how and what he thinks at any point. I'm actually very annoyed by you asking such a throughly dumb thing.

Ilovetangerine: His only contributions so far have been an RVS vote, an early D1 vote, a volttackle vote and then some random discussion of the D1 lynch with Perseus. THEN suddenly decides to scumhunt and find me scummy. Which I agree with when I consider my predecessor's performance but it honestly makes me feel like there's some folk here who are trying to get the newcomer lynched instead one of the two current targets.

NE93: RVS vote, sundown vote, volttackle vote, wagon sundown vote. Can't be lynched today?

Perseus: Votes Sundown and then attack him throughout D1, and various other people as well. Switched to VoltTackle on D2 due to the shenanigans going on there?

Shotta: Activity amounts to a few votes. sundown vote is basically joining a wagon every time. Then throws out a tails vote and eternity vote on D2, both of which seriously lack substance, and the latter is just asshole-ish, IMO. Give the sub time to make posts worth analyzing before you get all judgmental.

Sparrrow: Calls out tails for vote, votes Yoshimi, reasons. Claims a pass-along lynch doctor.

Sundown: Haha! Calls NE93 out on his RVS vote logic. Decides not to defend himself against it in a reasonable way, but post an amazing amount of fluff. Ends up voting NE93 for it. Claims lynchbomb (hey guys remember what happened to the doc claim). Votes himself to prove his claim.

Tails: makes a sensible sundown vote. Seems to play a slightly aggressive game. Makes decent votes IMO.

Trafalgar: Reasonable, town posts throughout.

VDC and VoltTackle get their own reads later on.

Connection issues.

@Computer Serial Number, I'd currently go for Vanilla Diet Coke, followed by VoltTackle and Sundown, followed by Eternity and Trafalgar. Vanilla Diet Coke's ISO looks terrible. VoltTackle is doing a bit more of substance, and that vote by Vanilla Diet Coke is a null tell ATM. I'm not willing to believe Sparrrow's meta reads, because this is a game that shouldn't be using meta in the first place. Eternity's nowhere to be found, and Trafalgar is too passive for my tastes. If I am to use my persuasion, I'd like to know as soon as possible. I will probably be elsewhere for the last 12 hours of the day phase.

Connection issues again.

After some much-needed rest, I will explain myself better.

Vanilla Diet Coke - Bad ISO on D1, ignored a relevant post by Perseus, voted VoltTackle with the reasoning that he should jump on a wagon and suggested that he'd make a nice crane target. The last two were in the same post.

VoltTackle - Thanks to the vote from the person mentioned above, and the fact that this person responds to stuff, I'm slightly less inclined to lynch. I'm not fully sold on this person being town, because of the early D1 unhelpfulness. Mindset regarding the doc claim should be a null read, but I'm not getting a good feeling from it.

Sundown - Sundown's previous incarnation was terrible. This one is better, but managed to miss some rather important things in his D1 summary. I don't take a willingness to self-vote as town; it could be a WIFOM gamble, as this person's claim was already out in the open.

Eternity - Scant posts with terrible logic, then got subbed out. Sub hasn't been much better. The only reason why this isn't a higher priority is because the three mentioned above had more meaningful interactions, and will thus provide more information if they are removed from the game.

Trafalgar - Early votepark on Colin in D1, then that rather silly Computer Serial Number vote D2. This person is aggressive on lynch targets only, and passive everywhere else. Being that passive catches my attention in the wrong way.

Oh look, a null read by Eternity. List posting is a good way to disseminate a lot of info, especially when time is short, or when you've missed a lot. However, it's not as easy to interact with, and the last two players don't get this kind of "read". It's also a great way to gloss over the more in-depth things that have been going on during a particular phase.

VDC: actually don't think he looks awful

VoltTackle: Too much fluff everywhere

Lynches I currently support: VoltTackle

Lynches I might support: Shotta, Sundown, Eternity, ILT

Neutral or town: Everyone else.

##Unvote: Sundown

##Vote: VoltTackle

Oh look, a null read by Eternity. List posting is a good way to disseminate a lot of info, especially when time is short, or when you've missed a lot. However, it's not as easy to interact with, and the last two players don't get this kind of "read". It's also a great way to gloss over the more in-depth things that have been going on during a particular phase.

Unfortunately they're also a good way of giving people lots of information/read in a relatively compressed format after you've subbed in. Get lost.

@Sundown, name a scum team and optionally explain why.

VDC for the crane idea

seriously, why would you give a lynch bomb a day unlynchable

and I really don't remember a lot of their posts aside

Trafalgar isn't looking the best, really

And possibly even you, Letters; for not really providing much in the way of scumhunting. so my question to you; who do you actually think is scum?

-----------

Etern1ty is at least a touch more memorable now, but still a null read, even after the list post

No, you don't have to choose a wagon. You can make your own. Or not do anything. I don't think you're a good crane target.

I didn't think there was enough time for a wagon to start out of nowhere with the hammer rule. Even if it's not my absolute favourite thing, I'd rather commit to something plausible. And of course you don't think I'm a good crane target. That's why I say I am. I see myself becoming a lynch target, and because I'm town, it's to the town's benefit that the option of lynching me be removed, if only for one phase.

1. Your previous post asks me to claim when I did at the end of D1.

2. You conveniently forgot this post:

3. In the space of fifteen minutes you hop from "I don't want to lynch either of them" to "I think one of them is faking it". Within that time span, VoltTackle and I vote for Sundown, Sparrrow says something in regards to his role, and Asparagus starts acting weird.

All those, together with your wagoning attitude is why I'm moving my vote.

##Unvote

##Vote: Vanilla Diet Coke

1. I guess I missed that? Oh well.

2. What about that post? Perseus wants me to set off a lynch bomb because I disagree with him or something. I don't see what's so important about that right now. What am I even supposed to say about this? It's not like there's anything I can do about it if you decide you want me to do it. If it's any help, I'd rather it be VT or Eternity.

3. The second link doesn't work properly so I don't understand your point here.

Is my "wagoning attitude" bad? Phases are 72 hours long. We don't exactly have time to mull over like four or five lynch targets.

How did Sundown become such a strong Town read for you that you want to give him unlynchable power for a day? Yesterday you thought he and Yoshimi's claims were too convenient and you said you had trouble reading him. But today he's so obvTown that you want him unlynchable?

Also, given that you were suspicious of Eternity most of D1 and still say we should go back to him after 'this' (meaning D2?), why am I suddenly a higher priority than the dude who was your former biggest suspect?

Barring myself, there's nowhere I'd rather an unlynchable power be than an unpopular townread. Such an ability is of no use on someone who's not even in danger of being lynched. And yes, my read on Sundown has changed from null to town.

Like I said, I don't believe we have time to start wagons midway through phases at this point in the game. The hammer threshold is too high. So I went with the lesser of two evils. But, since an Eternity wagon seems to have started anyway...

imo the crane should be given to tails or perseus (the reason i didn't give it to tails last night was because i still didn't get his role and exactly how dangerous it was, so i didn't know if people would be policy lynching him or something. looking back on it, it was dumb, because i could have canceled the lynch protection by voting for him, but w/e.

i have to agree with vt here even if i'm finding him scum at the moment, why did you do such a 180 on sundown, vdc? i'm leaning more neutral now than i was d1 because of the new sundown, but even then i wouldn't want to give them lynch protection (even lynch protection that i can pierce). and why do you think you'd make a good target for the crane?

What use do Tails or Perseus have for the crane?

Scumread -> townread: 180

Null read -> townread: not 180

Not liking Vanilla Diet Coke in addition to Volt Tackle. Especially don't like how he claimed the crane when I haven't seen anything from you that makes me think you shouldn't be lynched.

##Vote: Vanilla Diet Coke

Hey look guys I wonder why I suggested the crane be passed to me. I don't like repeating myself but seriously.

@Sparrrow, I'm giving you the crane tonight. Can you be more specific on why you think Sundown is town?

Reason for this?

Uh, fucking VDC now that I saw that crane post. 'oh hey guys let's give the lynchbomb claim a lynchproof item.' Need I say more?

##Vote:VDC

Do you want to blow up the lynchbomb? Just fucking lynch the scum directly. Yes I know you all think Sundown is scum too, but I don't, and that's where we disagree here. Just so we're all on the same page.

Sorry for the quotewall and I'll have a closer look at Eternity before I decide whether or not I'd like to jump on what's basically a powerwagon. Gotta double check my read I guess?

Also why are we assuming that Keysmash's role can't be mafia-aligned? Maybe it is and there's a rule preventing mafia from passing the crane to mafia or something of the sort that he left out. That sounds dumb though which I guess means towncred for Keysmash by way of common sense. Well, townreads are good to have.

Reasons Eternity looks pretty bad:

-too much theorymaf, not enough content

-bad/unhelpful votes

-Newternity: decent listpost, gets to possible lynch targets and suddenly runs out of things to say, then votes VT for fluff, come on, surely you can do better than that

##Unvote

##Vote: Eternity

we don't know anything about numbers's actual role. his one-day unlynchable role is one that was given by me. i'm the original owner of the crane, not him.

@eternity- at the end of your list post (which i didn't really like, but w/e), you said that vt and vdc get their own post, which implied that you were about to give some really detailed reasoning for your opinions on them. but both of them got the same one-line treatment everyone else did (in fact they got even less than most others). what was so special about that post that couldn't have been in the main one?

##unvote, ##vote: eternity

if sundown was scum, why the hell did yoshimi move to vanilla diet coke. worst case scenario yoshimi and sundown could have piled together on eternity.

If all three of them are scum it makes some sense.

which makes me think Volt is trying to get people to look away from Eternlty and at the same time leaving space for herself to walk away if Eternlty flipped scum

My scumread on Eternity is not as strong as on Sundown or Letters, but I am not against lynching him and have no desire for anyone to ignore him.

The new Sundown's willingness to be lynched. I can't ever see a scum wanting to die that bad, even if it was a scum bomb/vengeful because that would be 2 1-for-1 scum deaths in a row, which is not really a great

way for scum to play. Plus we have a persuader to make the bomb lynch kill who we want(assuming hypothetical scum!bomb didn't lie about who dies) which could, if we get lucky, even result in a mafia death. Mafia wouldn't put themselves in a position to lose 2 players like that.

Given that Sundown was self-voting and being onboard with his own lynch fairly early in the day, I felt that it could be an attempt to look more Town with the hope that the lynch target would move elsewhere as a result. Making a fuss and insisting that he not be lynched would only have made his situation worse.

And yes, my read on Sundown has changed from null to town.

Like I said, I don't believe we have time to start wagons midway through phases at this point in the game. The hammer threshold is too high. So I went with the lesser of two evils. But, since an Eternity wagon seems to have started anyway...

But WHAT makes him a Townread? What changed between yesterday and today?

Majority is only seven, and given that everyone knows we need to hammer I think starting up a new wagon halfway through the phase and convincing others to join does not seem at all implausible. You say yourself in this post that an Eternity wagon has just started--you could've been the one to start it. 72 hours really isn't THAT short.

My thoughts on the crane: at this stage of the game it's not super useful (the idea of protecting Townies who are likely to get lynched seems pointless because Sparrow can cancel it, so it can't protect anyone he wants lynched), but lategame it could be useful for preventing scum power wagons I guess.

I'm still in favor of a Sundown lynch but Eternity or Vanilla are also okay if Sundown majority isn't possible.

@ilt- why should it be returned without question to me every other phase? i mean, i have no objections towards it, but if the person who has it posts in thread who they're giving it to, and that person confirms when they receive it, i'll still know who has it, and therefore will be able to negate the protection if need be. and if someone is caught lying that'd be rather obvious scumbuddying.

this way it cannot be lost in case we have mylo/lylo, scum can easily lie about it and keep it to themselves or we could just have you as a must voting user in every majority.

Lynches I might support: Shotta, Sundown, Eternity, ILT

so, you want to supporet you own lynch?

Oh right lol.

I CAN'T KEEP TRACK OF EVERYTHING JESUS

what else are you keeping track of?

anyways, I will support a Eternlty lynch and if someone else needs to place a vote on him before phase ends, I will gladly do it.

Do you want to blow up the lynchbomb? Just fucking lynch the scum directly. Yes I know you all think Sundown is scum too, but I don't, and that's where we disagree here. Just so we're all on the same page.

Sir, in case you haven't noticed, some of my more doubtful villagemates do not want to lynch Liedown today, and considering that they're not even L-3 with less than 24 hours to go, I guess the whole lying down worked to push the lynch off in the minds of others. However, there is more than one way to skin a scum, and considering that you, in my eyes, are scummy, if we were to lynch you, we could get associative reads by your flip on Liedown, and finally work to end her misery tyranny. If you flip town, well, back to old-fashioned shouting and desk-slamming.

Anyways, aside from the direct response, I take issue with this part:

I didn't think there was enough time for a wagon to start out of nowhere with the hammer rule. Even if it's not my absolute favourite thing, I'd rather commit to something plausible. And of course you don't think I'm a good crane target. That's why I say I am. I see myself becoming a lynch target, and because I'm town, it's to the town's benefit that the option of lynching me be removed, if only for one phase.

What you don't seem to get, nor does anyone else, is that the lynchproof item is negative utility. The whole purpose of the lynch is to use as the town's weapon against the mafia, and, thanks to the d1 lynch, it's our only way of eliminating scum. With the lynchproof item, it basically denies the town the information of a flip or a scum kill, which means it's tantamount to a No Lynch. There's only like one situation where the item would come into positive use, and that would be to avoid a stealth lynch, which is extremely circumstantial. Which would be why the best use of the item would be to be used in an epic hot potato match between two pseudoclear town players. Like Tails and Letters, for example, FMPOV.

Now, having said that, I see that you're asking for the lynchproof item because you see yourself as a lynch target. If not, you want it to be given to the lynchbomb claim, whose role's sole purpose is to be lynched and by doing that eliminate another player from the game. This tells me two things:

1: This isn't unintentional rubbish, this is intentional nonsense

2: You're scummy as fuck for trying to deny the town information.

So, I'm going to go ahead and say a VDC lynch today would arguably be the best choice. Tails, if you like, could you help with that?

In other news, I don't like the Eternity speedwagon, in the sense that targets like Volt or Liedown or VDC are better (Yes VDC, even you should lynch yourself over eternity). The other thing is that Eternity is a null read for me despite being useless, and the wagon is composed of Null (That One Gangster), Null-scum (Traggles and Sparrow), and scum reads (VDC), so it's making Eternity look slightly better in my eyes.

Reasons Eternity looks pretty bad:

-too much theorymaf, not enough content

-bad/unhelpful votes

-Newternity: decent listpost, gets to possible lynch targets and suddenly runs out of things to say, then votes VT for fluff, come on, surely you can do better than that

##Unvote

##Vote: Eternity

Too bad first 2 reasons are easily defendabla; my predecessor had time nor energy and therefore couldn't keep up with this game. Reason 3 is just over exaggerating.

we don't know anything about numbers's actual role. his one-day unlynchable role is one that was given by me. i'm the original owner of the crane, not him.

@eternity- at the end of your list post (which i didn't really like, but w/e), you said that vt and vdc get their own post, which implied that you were about to give some really detailed reasoning for your opinions on them. but both of them got the same one-line treatment everyone else did (in fact they got even less than most others). what was so special about that post that couldn't have been in the main one?

##unvote, ##vote: eternity

You're calling me out on that? Lookie here, I read through the thread and then ISO'd the players to form opinions on them. Did all but the last two, which is when I got fed up with it, posted it, suddenly got some will to do it again, and did the latter two right after it, although poorly.

In case of both your votes, I think both of them are ungrounded, with emphasis on sparrrow's vote.

Eternity's attempting to do something by being offensive, and failing to read half my post. You're still a null read despite your pathetic efforts, and I have no issues lynching an active null read come D3. Wall incoming.

WHAT. That's a lame excuse for wagoning, and everyone that knows when the phase end can see it. This does not convince me that you're town.

1. I guess I missed that? Oh well.

2. What about that post? Perseus wants me to set off a lynch bomb because I disagree with him or something. I don't see what's so important about that right now. What am I even supposed to say about this? It's not like there's anything I can do about it if you decide you want me to do it. If it's any help, I'd rather it be VT or Eternity.

3. The second link doesn't work properly so I don't understand your point here.

Is my "wagoning attitude" bad? Phases are 72 hours long. We don't exactly have time to mull over like four or five lynch targets.

1. It tells me you're not reading the game in-depth, and this worries me. Or, you are looking for ways to look like you're contributing, and failing. Either one is bad.

2. Why shouldn't you set off the lynch bomb, other than "I don't wanna die as a townie"? Start there. Don't ignore things that mention you and possible death.

3. ISO yourself? You saw the first one; use a little bit of logic to find the second one. I told you what happens in that fifteen-minute interval.

Your wagoning attitude is extremely scummy, because you had plenty of time to start your own wagon, or say you didn't want to wagon, or otherwise be useful, and you didn't.

Barring myself, there's nowhere I'd rather an unlynchable power be than an unpopular townread. Such an ability is of no use on someone who's not even in danger of being lynched. And yes, my read on Sundown has changed from null to town.

NO. You do not give the crane to scummy people. You are scummy. People are still very suspicious of Sundown. You are both bad choices for the crane.

I responded to that earlier. I don't feel like repeating myself.

Scumread -> townread: 180

Null read -> townread: not 180

To make sure the mafia doesn't get it. Do you have any reason to believe either of us are mafia?

Sorry for the quotewall and I'll have a closer look at Eternity before I decide whether or not I'd like to jump on what's basically a powerwagon. Gotta double check my read I guess?

If you have information regarding why the bloody fuck Sundown shouldn't be tested, out with it. Otherwise, you're digging your own grave, and you aren't helping Sundown in the least.

Not moving my vote.

Given that Sundown was self-voting and being onboard with his own lynch fairly early in the day, I felt that it could be an attempt to look more Town with the hope that the lynch target would move elsewhere as a result. Making a fuss and insisting that he not be lynched would only have made his situation worse.

Yeah, I had considered that a possibility but it seems too risky in my opinion. I don't think a scum would want to push it that hard just in case people actually go along with it. Though I agree about the making a fuss over it part, new Sundown's day 2 psts, to me, seems more genuine than playing the "lynch me!" card to appear more town at this point.