Knowing How to use the ePSXe emulator?

PuffPuff

I've got PSX to work. =)

It actually can play the games from your actual disks. You've got to insert it into the H hard drive. Another way to play with Japan imports. =)

For ePSXe though I cannot work it. I've already got the configurations set up done, put the Bin file in the bios folder (Which is required to run any PSX emulator) along with the plugins for the sound as I've used the sound card and done everything else that is shown in the video. But I cannot start up the emulator, as I already know that the problem is that it won't recognize the ROM file. If I try the All files option to get it to appear, it won't start up the game if I try it. Is there anything that I need to get it to show up the ROM file instantly (like seen in the video), so the game will start up? Other than this, I don't know why the emulator won't start up.

First two. The ROM will not show up in the directory unless I use the all files option.

error1n.png

error2g.png

All files option selected.

error3c.png

At least the memory card screen works. =)

error4t.png

Ran this from the 5th picture through a different emulator called PSX and it emulates the game perfectly. I've actually had to use my actual disk to run up the game. Does the patch only apply to the ROM, or can you provide it to your actual copy? Or both? Not sure. If it's for the ROM, then ePSXe is my only hope for this that I cannot start up at the moment. And IPS WIN won't patch the file either. Gotta do research on that as well. Know what I need to get the ePSXe to recognise the file like shown in the video. Thanks. =)

startedmyactualcart.png

Edited by アイネ

Nevermind.

I've actually found the problem. I actually needed the unecm program to undecode the ROM file. The emulator is now playing, although it is very laggy right now. xD

I'll have to try Pcsx if I cannot get the lag to stop in ePSXe. And I also cannot go into the menu on ePSXe either. x.x

And cannot get pcsx to work right now. =P

Video is for the next post's existence. =)