Tileset Recolor Request

Crimson Red

Okay, I need a rather awkward favor.

I have the tileset from FE6--that one golden tower tileset--but it doesn't fit well into FE7 IMO, with its... uh, I'm not sure, but weird, colors. Saturated? Idk. I can't remember these terms.

But, essentially, I need them to be recolored to be more... vibrant and more FE8-like. >_>'

Original Golden Tower

But it's slightly more complicated in that if possible I'd actually like this recolored: the Valni Tower Tileset from FE8

The reason being that the palette order is well... exactly the same, except the FE8 tileset has more tiles than the FE6 one.

So, summary: I'd greatly appreciate if someone could help me recolor the Valni Tower tileset to be a golden version LIKE the FE6 one, but with more vibrant/FE8-like/less-saturated? colors.

If you could do so using a program like Usenti as to keep the palette order, that would be great, but if you can't, that should be fine too as I should be able to... fix it, one way or another.

I'm a bit picky with my quality as this is for a rather important map, but thanks to whoever tries! I know, beggars shouldn't be choosy... I'm just a bad kid looking for some help

He doesn't like the existing FE6 Golden Tower palette as it is, apparently, and wants it redone in FE8 colors for Valni. I guess that'd translate to saturating the Golden Tower tileset, then importing that, for maximum laziness?

Edited by · j e a l o u s y ·

Naw, I think he wants a new palette that is vibrant, with contrast levels similar to the FE8. He doesn't want the FE8 one in FE6--that'd be a copy/paste job, which I doubt he'd need to ask for help on.

What colors were you looking?

edit: oh yeah, manual labor should make this easy:

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=27340

have at it, and whatnot

Edited by Celice

Apparently my syntax likes to flip things around.

I meant that:

-- He wants the Valni tileset

----- With a palette similar to Golden Towers

-- He doesn't like the Golden Towers palette

----- Because it doesn't match with FE7 tilesets

----- And thus wants it more vibrant and saturated

----------- And have FE8's tilesets' contrast and vibrancy

Edited by · j e a l o u s y ·

more saturated, less saturated, I don't know the difference... I need to go to sleep already

@Celice if I knew how to recolor something properly, yes, I'd do it myself. Sadly, I do not; I've tried recoloring it and it looks out of place with the other tilesets. I'm unable to recolor it to look... natural.

@jealousy uh, what? this has little to do with laziness... I included the golden tileset as to give an idea as to what it'd look like in general, yet what it shouldn't look like; not only is its palette incomplete but the colors are... well, I already explained my issues with the colors and why I'm requesting a proper recolor. XP

In other words

I need the FE8 Valni Tower tileset recolored gold, but I CAN'T USE THE FE6 VERSION THAT'S VERY SIMILAR TO IT, SO DON'T MAKE IT LOOK LIKE THAT.

and as for why I can't do it on my own

I DON'T KNOW ENOUGH ABOUT GRAPHICS TO UNDERSTAND HOW TO DO THIS. I TRIED TO RECOLOR IT FOR AT LEAST AN HOUR AND IT LOOKED LIKE CRAP AND I TRASHED IT.

Using caps and italics to emphasize the important/hard to understand parts, since it is 6:30 AM and I am clearly not making much sense after using all my energy hacking all night...

I never said it was laziness on your part. I meant that if anyone wanted to be especially lazy, they could simply tweak the sat/con on the FE6 set and import that rather than having to completely recolor the Valni set.

Either way, not doing it, so not my problem~ o 3o~

Hm, you're right. Thanks for that, but as you said, I didn't give enough details. I'm sorry.

The shade of gold I want is more or less to match this:

aa5a9878f83c52b9c5620a50d7302ef7.png

As you can see, it's a very bright gold--almost TOO bold and shiny. It's not as dull as any of the tilesets I've posted before.

Furthermore, the tiles that are like, teal and/or purple in the Valni Tower tileset should also be recolored to be gold, but a little bit darker and slightly more dull than the other tiles. i.e. the teal tiles should be bright and bold (but still have some contrast between shades and not be TOO distracting; it is, after all, a map, which works like a background in terms of visual experience... AFAIK) and the purple ones should be darker and slightly duller (but the tileset you posted, Celice, seems too dull, although I like the recolor in general).

Thanks to anyone who can help! This is for some important maps in a hack I'm working on called The Last Promise, btw!

Hm, you're right. Thanks for that, but as you said, I didn't give enough details. I'm sorry.

The shade of gold I want is more or less to match this:

aa5a9878f83c52b9c5620a50d7302ef7.png

As you can see, it's a very bright gold--almost TOO bold and shiny. It's not as dull as any of the tilesets I've posted before.

yellow.png

A lazy auto-plaster of the given palette +2 lighter yellows, but there you go.

Some of the floor tiles are messed up and it's pretty much all the same color, I don't think I'll be able to use it :\ Sorry

I could have made it sepia-tone and then colorized it using Photoshop to get the same effect but I'm looking for something more... elaborate

Eh no problem, it took as much effort as it looks like.

It might be of value to find photo references in the scheme/lighting that closest matches your ideas, and go from there.

Some of the floor tiles are messed up and it's pretty much all the same color, I don't think I'll be able to use it :\ Sorry

But that's exactly what your picture shows...? All "pretty much the same color" yet no problem there :huh:

Furthermore, the tiles that are like, teal and/or purple in the Valni Tower tileset should also be recolored to be gold, but a little bit darker and slightly more dull than the other tiles. i.e. the teal tiles should be bright and bold (but still have some contrast between shades and not be TOO distracting; it is, after all, a map, which works like a background in terms of visual experience... AFAIK) and the purple ones should be darker and slightly duller (but the tileset you posted, Celice, seems too dull, although I like the recolor in general).

He specified the floor tile thing in his post with that picture.

Probably, if only I had any ideas myself XP

I'll probably just end up spending like 2 hours trying to do something that would take someone else 10 minutes... but that's okay, I suppose...

Image Googling 'golden room' gave me a solid idea of where the tileset could go. It involves colors different than gold and probably is more lightplay than anything else. But that's what looked good imo.

(It would take me a couple days to settle on the colors/go through the process myself, thus not really jumping to dedicate the time here. You'll get experience doing it yourself, and it won't be as painful the next time around you need it. ;/ )

EDIT: Some more lazy layer action, 3 different intensities of yellow tint light(below), bright, dark. (And light with contrast matched FE8 palette swap.)

yellow_overlayFuzzy.png

Edited by Lenh

Sorry but I can't really use green floor tiles >_>'

Also it doesn't have to be as... bright and "bleached" or whatever as mine as I'll probably go back and recolor it regardless

but aside from the first one Lenh tried they aren't close enough to it and are too dull

like I'd fall asleep from the lack of vibrancy

Celice's original was IMO the best in quality but the purple tile floors and lack of luster in the "gold" walls (which tbh, lack the yellow tint I'm looking for) are eh

Well

Someone else is willing to take a crack at it but if no one gets a satisfactory job done by the 10th I'll have to go study up how it works so I can just please myself instead of nitpicking at all of you kind volunteers XP