Elibean Nights

Arch

Also, anybody happen to have an idea as to the functionality of the Playing Card?

If it's the one i'm thinking of (you get it in Hector's Tale, correct?) and Arch hasn't changed the functionality since v6....

It's a member card. There is a secret shop located at the gate of the castle. At least, there was in v6.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I've done a bit more playing, and I've found a couple more bugs.

[spoiler=Zephiel's Tale] The Earth Dragons don't actually receive any buffs from their dragonstones, making them pathetically easy

[spoiler=Igor?]exhppGL.pngPBWYEHc.png

Yeah something tells me he isn't supposed to be there. None of the other rogues were named, just this one.

Just for reference, I had it set so Fiora was paired with Eliwood. Other than that, none of the other characters were out.

[spoiler=typo] dzdlEcD.png

Should be "What if Orsin bucks"

Edited by Upside-DownFish

I don't remember this being mentioned, but:

In Poisoned by Madness, on turn 2 I get a convo and have Lyn (as a Green unit) and Toni off far to the west side of the map show up. However, a few turns later another convo shows up that shows Toni rescuing Lyn from Prasad. I think those are supposed to show up in the other order.

More problems in Undying Vegeance:

First of all, you can keep visiting Shen's house as Shen and every time you do so, you get another Pugilist. vh58af.png

Not only that, but the Sagittary has an...interesting color palette in the first part.

2wgrm6a.png

Edited by Xtremekiwi

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19964863/Elibian%20Nights/ENBeta2ElectricBoogaloo.ups

New update this morning should fix most of the things just mentioned, any looping/gamebreaking bugs take definitely priority. Haven't gotten much done in the way of missing text, yet. As always you can find a complete list of reported issues, and what's been fixed over on FEU.

EDIT: Also, I've fixed a pretty major typo (although that itself created a new graphics bug).

Edited by Arch

Found another small problem in Undying Vengeance pt. 2:

kegcc7.png

There's another Paladin with a just-as-unusable Steel Axe.

Also, are the Cavalry-slayer type weapons (Longsword, Horseslayer, Halberd) supposed to be effective against flyers as well? Because as of now, they are.

RANDOM EDIT BECAUSE LOL:

5tvrwl.png

The enemy Valkyrie was one of the Purge valks, now unarmed, and the Paladins are all rocking axes that they can't use. And they all blocked Priscilla in the corner. Note that this screenshot was taken right after I got the "Never Say Die" achievement".

Also, after unlocking the "Never say Die" achievement, if you talk to Lucius, Arcard's mug shows up to explain what you had to do to get the achievement.

Edited by Xtremekiwi

Don't know whether it's a bug or not but in Pents Tale Canas found all hidden Items and had them in his Inventory when I finished the chapter and I didn't get the Achievment.

Spent a good amount of time today going through and rewriting/adding to the battle convo array, so a few new convos to be had there (quite a few had text but simply weren't programmed to display). I'll be doing the same for death quotes tomorrow.

Edited by Arch

Minor bug not mentioned in the FEU thread:

30bd85h.png

Uh...Sain has definitely picked up some muscles. And a tan. And a sex change. (This is between Sain and Wallace, the convo that gives the Brave Lance)

Arch, In Kent's tale, If you attempt to trigger the conversation between Kent and Fiora while paired, you get Sonia's death quote instead of a conversation.

While downright halarious(if your as twisted as me) it's obviously a bug that isn't listed on FEuniverse so here I am bug reporting

Another bug from Kent's tale, well two actually

In the northern village where Sain, Dorcas, and Natilie show up, the villager mentions stealing a staff, but he gives you a smithing kit instead of the staff he says he's giving you.

While Kent is paired with Fiora, everyone bar Kent and Fiora mentions Lyn like she is there, which if Lyn was paired with Kent this would make sense, but Lyn isn't there otherwise so why do they keep referring to her.

Steller work as always tho, Arch, this is honestly the best rom hack I've ever played

EDIT: well the first ones already been reported so I apoligize

Edited by randomsonicvideos123

[That moment when you notice the troll typo in the title]

More on that when I feel like explaining later

Anyways, I've got a bit of news to share. My pal, the Yetiman we all know and love, just posted up "Operation: Generic Rainbow", which is a new community project seeking to create open-source generic face sprites for all GBAFE/FE7x classes. Not only will this help speed things up for the hotly-anticipated masterpiece that is his project, Immortal Sword, but by contributing, artists can help build a fantastic set of new assets for projects like EN.

FeVTUph.png

Which is why, as part of the effort to promote this, a limited selection of these sprites will be debuting hackside in Elibean Nights. Hopefully this helps demonstrate just how valuable resources like this can be. It's already helping me polish things up! EN will be obtaining a small slate of new mini-bosses.

To all the people who've contributed graphics to me over the years: you know that my gratitude for your efforts is basically boundless at this point. I can't art worth a damn. Pretty much all of EN's custom works were done by my fantastic volunteers, you guys da real MVPs, and I'd encourage all of you to consider pitching in to Yeti's efforts.

My goal is to have a finalized release available at the month's end. Until then, we'll continue the debug process accordingly.

Edited by Arch

More on that when I feel like explaining later

Anyways, I've got a bit of news to share. My pal, the Yetiman we all know and love, just posted up "Operation: Generic Rainbow", which is a new community project seeking to create open-source generic face sprites for all GBAFE/FE7x classes. Not only will this help speed things up for the hotly-anticipated masterpiece that is his project, Immortal Sword, but by contributing, artists can help build a fantastic set of new assets for projects like EN.

FeVTUph.png

Who's the purple hair guy in the second image? And also, I love the more mature looking Raven mug!

Who's the purple hair guy in the second image? And also, I love the more mature looking Raven mug!

Hint: the same person referenced in the first image, and the second image of this new set.

wgeiZl0.png

~Taste the rainbow~

EDIT: On second thought Bern gets tougher looking soldiers.

Edited by Arch