i am starting gaiden it is pretty cool

cyron

so far i use the lord and robin

i can re start to use others its not an issue

i just got the cleric

for some reason easy mode does not work though i may not be pressing the right buttons could you please tell me which buttons i should press while using the nesten emulator?

Edited by Cyron

I had that same problem. Try remapping the keys a few times on your emulator and see if another combination works.

As for the game itself, you're on easy mode so you have a LOT more leeway on who to use, even without grinding.

Some good characters to raise. Alm route: Cliff (any class), Grey (Mercenary), Ruka, Silk, Matilda, Clea + Zeek, Maison, and Teeta for lategame even though you don't really need to train them much.

Celica Route: Saber, Jenny, Palla, Catria, Dean, Est (particularly if you're grinding) + Kamui if you want another mercenary, Baro when an armor is needed, and just whoever else you feel like using. If you really like magic users, you might consider Sonia over Dean, because the other magic users are pretty lame. Same with Mage!Cliff for Alm route.

Edited by SRC

I find Cliff is best as a mage, plus Alm's route doesn't have many. All of the Sisters and Pegasus Knights are really good. I'd say maybe use Sever or Leo for Celica too. And then I guess Gray or Clerbe for Alm.

I'd say that for most of Gaiden you can use everyone. There are no deployment limits until the lategame and with grinding/easy mode there's plenty of experience to go around until it becomes clear who you don't want to use. There's also been a series of "Rate the Unit" discussions recently if you want a bit more information on various units.

In easy mode simply use her indeed, but in normal mode without grinding one might seriously consider to skip out on her. She usually doesn't promote until chapter 4 then and she's not useful for long enough then still.