Event Assembler to Modify Only One Chapter Event

nightgale

I am was wondering if it is possible to use event assembler to modify only one specific event in a chapter such as a location event or chapter pointer. I want to keep the rest of the chapters untouched.

I am trying to do the following:

• Have Chapter 24/26: Unfulfilled Heart always point to Pale Flower of Darkness (Keneth version).
  • Change a village visit event in Chapter 32, so that I am given a different item.
  • Prevent Vaida from appearing on Chapter 27/29.
  • Prevent Karla from appearing on Chapter 31x.

If doing quick changes without rewriting an entire chapter is possible, it will save me a lot of time. Thanks!

It also depends on how much you want to do

Like you could just delete Vaida's and Karla's unit data OR you could get rid of the entire event, text and everything

As for changing chapters, just edit the MNCH code using the diassembler or do it faster by hex by searching 81 00 CC 00 02 00 01 00 01 00 00 00 where "CC" is the chapter ID of the old "Goto"

Items in villages are done by ITGV 0xII where 0xII is the item (IIRC) so just search that in the disassembled chapter and change it real quick