My internet gets slower and slower

Wow it seems all I post about here nowadays is whining about tech support. Sorry, folks... But hey, you can take this as a compliment :P<br><br>So according to the Wireless Connection Status as given by my computer, my router should be giving me 54 Mbps. I've never seen it get over 170 kbps (averages 100). I think it's a wireless router, but I have what I assume is an ethernet cable between it and my computer (a similar cable is connected to another computer, and it says ethernet. And yes, I know that hooking 2 computers up to this simultaneously won't help speed, but even solo it's nowhere near the promised 6.5 megs/second)<br><br>I dunno what other information I can give, but it's been bugging me more and more recently since it seems certain things (like Youtube) are loading even slower than before. And I ain't watching 1080p.<br><br>Sorry, and thanks! xP

<div><br></div><div>EDIT: Oh I almost forgot, my LAN is supposedly 100Mbps, but I assume that doesn't mean anything except for letting me Dropbox files between computers since it doesn't seem to have any bearing on actual downloads.</div>

Edited by 47948201