Genesis nil's requirement

Belf

Is it possible to somehow hack nil's level so that you don't need to play lyn mode in order to access chapter 23x? I'm thinking setting his level in both easy and hard lyn mode to 7 or greater, but I'm not sure if it's that simple and don't have a save to test it out. Thank you!

Option 1: Memory hack his level to 7 or greater.

Option 2: Chapter Unit Editor.

Take your pick. I'm pretty sure the gaiden check events have an ASM condition that gets Nil's level address, and does a cmp instruction if 7 or greater.

Option 1: Memory hack his level to 7 or greater.

Option 2: Chapter Unit Editor.

Take your pick. I'm pretty sure the gaiden check events have an ASM condition that gets Nil's level address, and does a cmp instruction if 7 or greater.

I have no idea where nil's level info would be in the ram. Could you elaborate on option 1?

Or instead, for option 2 does that mean simply changing nil's starting level in chapter 7 of lyn mode?

I have no idea where nil's level info would be in the ram. Could you elaborate on option 1?

Or instead, for option 2 does that mean simply changing nil's starting level in chapter 7 of lyn mode?

Option 1 requires being able to find Nils through cheat searches and such. His location is different for everyone depending on what character slot he is on.

As for option 2, yes.

Option 1 requires being able to find Nils through cheat searches and such. His location is different for everyone depending on what character slot he is on.

As for option 2, yes.

Alright, option 2 it is. Thanks again SoC!

FE7 unit "slots" (they aren't character slots, those are in ROM and are edited with Character Editor) start at 0202BD50. Each slot is 0x48 (aka 72 bytes in decimal) bytes long, and the first 60 or so slots are allied units. Every first 4 bytes of a slot is a pointer to the character slot. The 5th byte of character slot is the character ID, which is 0x26 or 0x29 for Nils, with the latter being for Final Chapter Nils.

Edited by Nintenlord

FE7 unit "slots" (they aren't character slots, those are in ROM and are edited with Character Editor) start at 0202BD50. Each slot is 0x48 (aka 72 bytes in decimal) bytes long, and the first 60 or so slots are allied units. Every first 4 bytes of a slot is a pointer to the character slot. The 5th byte of character slot is the character ID, which is 0x26 or 0x29 for Nils, with the latter being for Final Chapter Nils.

The only problem is that nils isn't in the character list before chapter 19xx in hector/eliwood mode, so I wouldn't know which slot to edit

Edit: nvm, I understand now.

Edited by bartre