Raxis' mugs

raxistaicho

Hey everyone, tell me watcha think, suggest improvements and all that nice stuff. Thanks :)

I'm still inexperienced at this sorta thing, but I think these aren't too bad :D

These would all be custom characters for Blazing Sword

renamug.png

I found the mercenary sprite somewhere on the internet but I can't remember where... Sorry about that.

vatiesprite.png

Getting her eyes right was some work; my first few attempts at getting a sort of sad look ended with me making her look glass-eyed or thoughtful.

ceciliayoungsprite.png

FF7-era Cecilia :) Hey, I say she could be old enough! :p

ainamug.png

My story behind her is she's Fae's mother. And she died, thanks to continuity :D

manakete.png

My current progress at making Manakete sprites for her :)

I was considering just going the easy route by using Myrrh's dragon sprite, but I liked the idea of bringing back the FE6 Manakete sprites :D Next I gotta do the detrans sprites . _ .

Well anyways, that's what I've got for now :) Tell me watcha think :D

Hm... I'm don't make many mugs, but I do like the second one, with the eyes covered, although there are some shading issues. The yellow eyes are just weird, but I can't put my finger on why...

That manakete animation seems like simple creation, but efficient. I like it... But just wait until some of the more experience spriters get here. You'll get better input that way.

um the shaman appears to have a gold semi circle under her eyes it looks out of place

Hmm, I see what you mean.

And eJubs, did you mean her eyes were too dark, or was it something else?

Thanks for the critiques so far, I'll get around to fixing them :D

The shading is the problem?

The shading is a problem. When you paste someone's hair onto someone else's head, you need to make sure a proper shadow is cast on the face just below where the hair covers. Reference the mug the hair came from if you need help with this. Check out Malko's basic splicing tutorial for more: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=25963