Weird Problem Inserting Map

luckysong

Hello,

I am having the worst luck inserting my map, and I have no idea why because I successfully inserted a map before. I am replacing the Pale Flower of Darkness (Jerme) map with a new one. I inserted the map using Tiled Map Inserter using DA0400 as my offset, C9CC24 as my map pointer, and C9CC2C as my map change pointer. Then I proceeded to change the tileset in Nightmare for that chapter. You know, stop the snowing and all that fun stuff.

Then when I loaded the chapter, not only did the map not look correct, but the game froze and crashed right then and there. I kept playing around with it and got the same result time and time again. Am I missing some critical step here?

Thanks!

go into the event references module and double check to make sure that the map and map change offsets were written to the right place

make sure that your tileset is right (do it again)

make sure that the tile animations are set to the correct value

and sometimes i have known events to crash the game if the map prevents the event from happening; i.e. forced movement of a character from one side of a wall to another

go into the event references module and double check to make sure that the map and map change offsets were written to the right place

make sure that your tileset is right (do it again)

make sure that the tile animations are set to the correct value

and sometimes i have known events to crash the game if the map prevents the event from happening; i.e. forced movement of a character from one side of a wall to another

The map and map change offsets appear to be correct. Yeah, I double, triple checked that my tileset was set correctly. I am using the same exact tileset as the one used in Chapter 21, so I made sure that these matched.

Alright, I have taken screen captures of my Nightmare values. As I mentioned before, I inserted the map using Tiled Map Inserter using DA0400 as my offset, C9CC24 as my map pointer, and C9CC2C as my map change pointer.

The following screenshots shows all the chapter settings I changed. The map I inserted uses the identical tileset as Kingship's Bond.

post-4657-060553400 1345594940_thumb.png

The following screenshot shows the chapter Event reference at the offset that I specified.

post-4657-089766400 1345594953_thumb.png

The following screenshot shows the map I am seeing when I run the game. I promise this isn't the map I made.

post-4657-061661700 1345595261_thumb.png

Use the MAR Array inserter again.

And if it still screws up... make a backup of your map and spam a single grass tile for the whole map or something. If it's NOT the right tile when you insert it, then you cut/pasted a tile in your tileset while making your map in mappy and now have to basically start over.

Use the MAR Array inserter again.

And if it still screws up... make a backup of your map and spam a single grass tile for the whole map or something. If it's NOT the right tile when you insert it, then you cut/pasted a tile in your tileset while making your map in mappy and now have to basically start over.

I ended up starting over anyway to see if that made a difference, and sure enough, it worked this time around. Thanks, I didn't realize copy and pasting a tile while making a map could cause this to happen.