Speculation of Pokemon games in the future

Melonhead

24 members have voted

1. 1. Will Gamefreak Remake Ruby and Sapphire?

• Yes, they will, becuase it has been a while since those games were released.
    • No, Gamefreak only cares about completely new games now.
    • I have no idea.
  2. 2. Will Gamefreak Reremake Red/Blue/Green?

• Yes, Gamefreak always remakes games when they get too old.
    • No, they will just forget about Kanto.
    • I think they will remake Pokemon Yellow instead!
    • I don't know.
  3. 3. Do you think the 6th generation of pokemon will be on the 3DS?

• Yes, the DS is getting too old and not many people will play it by then.
    • No, They will want more people to buy the game as the 3DS isn't that popular.
    • It will be on a console instead.
    • I don't know.
    • Pokemon is Doomed! There will not be another generation!

As we all know, Black and White 2 are coming out soon, and with this the sequel or enhanced version on the originals we have been seeing in pokemon games since Yellow.

Now the pattern of Generations we have been seeing is something like this:

2 completely new games with new pokemon/new region to kick off the generation

1 "Enhanced" game very similar to the first, but with minor storyline changes/improvements

And since generation 3...

2 Remakes of the original games 2 generations before.

Black and White 2 have broken this pattern with not 1, but 2 enhanced games, and these are direct sequels with much more than the normal enhanced, such as Emerald. After this, we will probably see a Ruby/Sapphire remake, continuing this trend of Remakes about 10 years after the original games were released. But now the Firered and Leafgreen are almost as outdated as Ruby and Sapphire, so will we see another remake of those games in about 2-3 years? Or would we have a remake of Pokemon Yellow? I doubt they would completely forget about Kanto and just continue with newer games, but you never know with companies..

This would also push back the 6th generation of pokemon quite a bit, and with that the assumed Diamond/Pearl Remakes in about 2016. Eventually by the 2020's we would have the generation completely dominated by remakes of old games, which would be just strange and a bad thing. So they have to stop somewhere, right?

What do you guys think will happen with all these remakes? Reply if you agree or have any other ideas.

Also, do you think that the 6th generation of pokemon will be on the 3DS, or will they stick with the trend of staying on the DS to get more people to buy it because of availability?

Edited by Melonhead215

You have to look at the reasons for making the remakes. The two reasons are to a)Allow people to "Catch 'em all" which is sort of the motto of Pokemon, b)To allow people to play all the games on the same generation of system, and c)Money

Gen 1 was remade because it was literally impossible, no matter how many cartridges you had, for someone to have all 386 pokemon on one R/S/E game- there were a bunch from Kanto/Johto that were unavailable. They added the Sevii Islands to Gen 1 to have many/all of the remaining Johto pokemon that were in neither the original Kanto nor Hoenn. Then Gen 4 rolled around, and Pokemon progressed to the DS. D/P was backward compatible with FR/LG/R/S/E so all the pokemon were available, but people couldn't play G/S/C cartridges on a DS like they could with their GBA. Plus, many people were clamoring for a G/S/C remake because that was a lot of people's favourite era. So they remade that for the DS so people could play all the games on the same system.

Now, B2/W2 have come out, and they're still on the DS. Meaning, if you had every single GBA/DS game or had WIFI, you can still legally have all 649 pokemon on one file. So what I'm trying to say is, until Pokemon progresses to the next system (3DS?) we're unlikely to get more remakes. My prediction is that one of two things will happen. The first, and more likely option, is that we'll have Gen 6 on the 3DS, then a Gen 3 remake for the 3DS, and then another Gen 1 remake. The second, more unlikely one, is that they'll end the franchise here, or stop creating new pokemon in newer games.

The only reason they remake games is to obtain previous generation Pokemon that are otherwise impossible to obtain, i.e starters. Since the DS is GBA functionality, you would transfer your Pokemon to a 4th Gen game. Then transfer them to your Black/White game. While that sounds rather tedious, it takes about 2 minutes to get 6 Pokemon from Emerald to White, considering you don't need to delete HM moves. It would only take me a half hour because I want a Groudon, not GROUDON.

tl;dr I don't think R/S/E are getting remakes since those Pokemon are still possible to obtain legitimately.

EDIT: I should really stop walking away from the computer for hours at a time. I can't even call "ninja'd" I'm so late.

Edited by Shojx

RSE Remakes: Probably, although the Regis being in BW2 might point towards the contrary.

RBY: I sure hope not, although I wouldn't rule it out later down the line as a "classic."

6th Gen: Probably 3DS, and I hope for 3d models.

RSE remakes - Five or six years down the line, maybe. Gen III doesn't feel as dated in comparison to Gen V as Gen I did to III, and II did to IV, if you get what I mean.

RBY - Long way off, if ever. Kanto is available in Gen IV via HG/SS anyway.

Gen VI - 3DS, definitely.

I don't think they'll do reremakes, but first round remakes for ruby ad sapphire will come in due time.

broseph u r an absolute 100% noob!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they will make reremakes of FRLG and remakes of RSE u know absolutely nothing about SSBB, FE, and especially POKEMON!!!! u r the dumbest broseph i know when it comes to video games!!!

broseph u r an absolute 100% noob!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they will make reremakes of FRLG and remakes of RSE u know absolutely nothing about SSBB, FE, and especially POKEMON!!!! u r the dumbest broseph i know when it comes to video games!!!

Care to actually back that up instead of insulting him randomly.