FE8 Nightmare questions

FredTheSage

Hey guys I've been tinkering with Nightmare here and there for awhile. I read a few intros to nightmare hacking after I learned some stuff in it myself, I just made an account here and I'm just wondering where can I find the information to where I can change the weapon the Phantom that the Summoner class summons? They start off with an iron axe, I believe the higher leveled they get, they can get killer axes etc.

I noticed that the game only supports 3 people doing summoning.(Ewan, Knoll and lyon) I was wondering if anyone knows if it would be possible to "steal" Knoll or Lyon's summon and give it to Ewan?

I've been trying to change the range of heal from adjacent spaces to 1-2 spaces. I tried using the Minimum - maximum range (Changed 0x11 to 0x12) but it wouldn't work(I think it's thinking it's only for weapons?)

Does anyone know if I can edit how much space the Supply has? It originally has 100.

Thanks to anyone who gives me info!

Edited by FredTheSage

Not sure about your other two problems but this one:

I've been trying to change the range of heal from adjacent spaces to 1-2 spaces. I tried using the Minimum - maximum range (Changed 0x11 to 0x12) but it wouldn't work(I think it's thinking it's only for weapons?)

If I recall correctly, staff range is somehow tied to the item slot itself so if you wanted to make a ranged staff you'd have to actually replace a 1-2 range staff. That being said, no one has figured out how to actually do this because staff effect is tied to the item slot as well. In other words, at the moment, it's not really possible to make a 1-range staff be 1-2-range :(:

Not sure about your other two problems but this one:

If I recall correctly, staff range is somehow tied to the item slot itself so if you wanted to make a ranged staff you'd have to actually replace a 1-2 range staff. That being said, no one has figured out how to actually do this because staff effect is tied to the item slot as well. In other words, at the moment, it's not really possible to make a 1-range staff be 1-2-range :(:

Ah! Thank you very much. Just trying to get a feel for whats possible and what isn't. It's strange that people can add such intricate things into the game like... multiple effectiveness to weapons and stats and stuff(yeah I've learned that stuff recently) yet something that would seem as simple as this is still so hard to do, atleast without going in with professional hex editors O-o

I noticed that the game only supports 3 people doing summoning.(Ewan, Knoll and lyon) I was wondering if anyone knows if it would be possible to "steal" Knoll or Lyon's summon and give it to Ewan?

I just looked through the Nightmare modules for FE8 and there's definitely a folder called "Summon editors" where you can edit who summons what. It's called the "Summon character editor". There's two thing you can edit; "Summoner" and "To summon" but I'll just call it "Summonee". Basically with this you can make them summon weird stuff like L'Arachel or a generic enemy (or a dragon!!!!!!!1!!!1) (I think, I've never used this before so bear with me) It's pretty self explanatory.

Edited by Agro

I just looked through the Nightmare modules for FE8 and there's definitely a folder called "Summon editors" where you can edit who summons what. It's called the "Summon character editor". There's two thing you can edit; "Summoner" and "To summon" but I'll just call it "Summonee". Basically with this you can make them summon weird stuff like L'Arachel or a generic enemy (or a dragon!!!!!!!1!!!1) (I think, I've never used this before so bear with me) It's pretty self explanatory.

Ah, yeah I was browsing through there before I put that question up, what I meant to say(and I'm scratching my head at why I didn't say this right up) Is I mean can I give Ewan all 3 summons so he can have 3 summons at once? xD I was messing around with it but no luck. I gave the Phantom summon the Journeyman(Ross)'s battle animation though and that was pretty awesome to do that.