[RAGEFEST 3] The Corruption of Roy by MarkyJoe1990

MarkyJoe1990

That feeling when you realize the purpose of Bolting. Lilina is far more clutch than you seem to give her credit for, Markyjoe. xP

But then, every character is in their own way. If a single one dies, you're done due to the team dynamic falling apart.

Edited by Elliot Gale

That feeling when you realize the purpose of Bolting. Lilina is far more clutch than you seem to give her credit for, Markyjoe. xP

But then, every character is in their own way. If a single one dies, you're done due to the team dynamic falling apart.

The Bolting is useful if you want to kill Hujix without first depleting his berserk staff (Bolting has MUCH lower weight, so Lilina CAN double with it, given her enormous speed growth), which would probably save you a lot of time since getting the restore staff to combat his berserk is extremely tedious.

It's also good for weakening Roy, since confronting him directly is a really bad idea.

But honestly, both of those jobs can be done by other units (Albeit MUCH less efficiently), none of which you have to give favoritism to. To kill Hujix, first get the Restore Staff and waste his Berserks. Next, place anyone with enough health and resistance and with a two-range weapon into the range of Hujix. Hujix will attack and get two-hit killed.

As for Roy, weaken him with as many indirect attacks as you can, then finish him off with Shigeid's Swordslayer.

If trained, Lilina will become much faster than Sophia, and with an enormous abundance of Luck to further augment her dodging, but it's overall not worth it. Even with her enormous EXP gain, she takes too long to enter "redemption" territory, and even when she's at level 20, her HP and defense are horrible to the point that she might still get one-hit killed by nearly everything in Part 2.

F*ck, Damas is over power

He appears on Turn 38. He takes about 3 turns, give or take, to make it to your group, so you have about 41 ~ 42 turns to complete Part 1. I was able to complete Part 1 in 34 turns. With an efficient strategy, you should be able to beat the chapter without ever seeing him.

He shouldn't be getting the chance to have at you. :x

But I'll give you a hint. If you absolutely can't go any faster, then you can have Wendy without a weapon sit at the choke point between your starting area and the center. You'll never have to deal with Damas.

That's probably the only practical way to combat Damas. Even on new game plus, he and his harem are still powerful enough to be a threat to a fully leveled Sophia.

The Bolting is useful if you want to kill Hujix without first depleting his berserk staff (Bolting has MUCH lower weight, so Lilina CAN double with it, given her enormous speed growth), which would probably save you a lot of time since getting the restore staff to combat his berserk is extremely tedious.

It's also good for weakening Roy, since confronting him directly is a really bad idea.

But honestly, both of those jobs can be done by other units (Albeit MUCH less efficiently), none of which you have to give favoritism to. To kill Hujix, first get the Restore Staff and waste his Berserks. Next, place anyone with enough health and resistance and with a two-range weapon into the range of Hujix. Hujix will attack and get two-hit killed.

As for Roy, weaken him with as many indirect attacks as you can, then finish him off with Shigeid's Swordslayer.

If trained, Lilina will become much faster than Sophia, and with an enormous abundance of Luck to further augment her dodging, but it's overall not worth it. Even with her enormous EXP gain, she takes too long to enter "redemption" territory, and even when she's at level 20, her HP and defense are horrible to the point that she might still get one-hit killed by nearly everything in Part 2.

I used it to kill the Judge, Jury, and Executioner before setting them off, actually. Well, less so the Jury due to the +10 RES disallowing its death due to limited Bolting uses, but Lilina can 2-shot the other guys just fine. That probably makes handling the 'boss rush' a lot easier than it was intended to be since Shigeid can just Swordslayer the nuts off of the remainder, and Wendy isn't really threatened by any of that stuff either. Meanwhile, the magicians cover them from the back until Roy comes along, where they poke him and let Shigeid finish the job.

I never felt as though I was really showing much favoritism towards Lilina. Sophia sets her up to finish off most of the early enemies just fine (the Archers, the Merc, the General), and then after that point she's maiming soldiers all on her own since they can't kill her one on one. Granted, she doesn't kill them in one round for awhile either, but it's not exactly pressing that she does. In part 2, she's one-rounding (or close to it) Warriors if your Fir no longer can, not to mention putting colossal dents in or outright killing Generals. *shrug*

I'll admit I wasn't trying to speed run it or anything, since pretty much everyone made it to level 20 sans Cath (bless her heart, but she's worthless in combat). That said, I think the characters and weapon levels should stay as they are.

Edited by Elliot Gale

• 2 weeks later...
I never felt as though I was really showing much favoritism towards Lilina. Sophia sets her up to finish off most of the early enemies just fine (the Archers, the Merc, the General), and then after that point she's maiming soldiers all on her own since they can't kill her one on one. Granted, she doesn't kill them in one round for awhile either, but it's not exactly pressing that she does. In part 2, she's one-rounding (or close to it) Warriors if your Fir no longer can, not to mention putting colossal dents in or outright killing Generals. *shrug*

Are you sure that's correct? I remember being very frustrated when I weakened the archer at the bottom of part 1 with Sophia, and trying to finish him off with Lilina only the realize that Lilina was exactly one point of magic away from killing the dude. If I upped her magic up by just one, I think that would do wonders for her.

I'll admit I wasn't trying to speed run it or anything, since pretty much everyone made it to level 20 sans Cath (bless her heart, but she's worthless in combat). That said, I think the characters and weapon levels should stay as they are.

I disagree.

- Shigeid's killer axe needs to be replaced with an iron axe. He runs the risk of too many accidental critical hits in part 2, which tend to result in him sweeping through enemies on enemy phase until one manages to kill him. It's overall detrimental.

- Shigeid needs a speed boost. He's already pretty fast as it is, but not as fast as I wanted, so he comes up heavily short unless you put serious training into him.

- Fir needs a slight buff in her durability and her strength.

- Lilina needs +1 magic and should be halfway to B rank on anima tomes.

- Sophia needs a nerf. She's just way too useful. It's understandable in part 1 since she's available the entire time and arguably your only competent fighter for most of it, but she never slows down in usefulness. Units should be well balanced, yet Sophia's clearly the best unit in the hack.

- While it's not needed, I want to give Cath a boost in her growths so that training her up is at least a viable option.

- Wendy's a goddess, but I feel she needs a beef in base stats and a nerf in growths.

- Clarine's fine the way she is.

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

I think that if you make Shigeid any faster, he could ultimately end up running the same risk with... well, just about any weapon that he currently does with the Killer Axe. And if you remove the Killer Axe, you're just needlessly nerfing a sizable roadblock that the player should be working around (after all, this is supposed to be unfair xP).

And yeah, I'm positive Lilina was being spoonfed those kills just fine. Incidentally, I handle the first few turns of part one a bit differently, which could ultimately result in stat variance, ie. Sophia getting that one extra magic to perfectly set up Lilina, without Lilina needing the additional one point herself.

I think that if you make Shigeid any faster, he could ultimately end up running the same risk with... well, just about any weapon that he currently does with the Killer Axe. And if you remove the Killer Axe, you're just needlessly nerfing a sizable roadblock that the player should be working around (after all, this is supposed to be unfair xP).

What you're saying is that with the Killer Axe, the player has to work around Shigeid's lack of a reliable axe (Until the tomahawk in part 2), which adds challenge? I suppose that works.

And yeah, I'm positive Lilina was being spoonfed those kills just fine. Incidentally, I handle the first few turns of part one a bit differently, which could ultimately result in stat variance, ie. Sophia getting that one extra magic to perfectly set up Lilina, without Lilina needing the additional one point herself.

If you do the first few turns a specific way (IE: My LTC Run), the RNs will always make Sophia a lot faster than she would statistically be on average, but without the extra magic to allow Lilina to land killing blows on the enemies, so it really boils down to getting that +1 magic on either one of them. I don't particularly like the idea of luck deciding a character's usefulness, so I think if I update this hack, I'm still going to add that +1 magic to Lilina's bases.

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

It was more that Shigeid has no chance of deershanking the player before he goes blue without his Killer Axe. As far as I could tell, that was supposed to be a big deal, but I could be way off base. Though yeah, I don't mind the risk of overboard criticals being present.

It was more that Shigeid has no chance of deershanking the player before he goes blue without his Killer Axe. As far as I could tell, that was supposed to be a big deal, but I could be way off base. Though yeah, I don't mind the risk of overboard criticals being present.

I gave Shigeid the killer axe for a few reasons.

- To fit his blatant Nabarl archetyping (Which admittedly, he doesn't fit all the criteria for, Since he's a fighter rather than a Myrmidon).

- To drive it home that you'll want the Iron Rune from the top left chest in the room above Sophia's prison cell.

- To make him more useful

Edited by MarkyJoe1990