Quick question regarding: Editting Text (Names) in FEAdv

Elieson

Ok. I saw in the guide that [.....] indicated what seem to be long pauses. I wasn't sure if a single period indicated a shorter pause, or somethign else entirely.

I wonder why pauses are added after random characters' names, and not others.

Oh well, I won't bug too into it, just wanted to confirm that it's something I can delete without crushing my hopes of renaming.

Thanks KoT!~

Edited by Elieson

Ok. I saw in the guide that [.....] indicated what seem to be long pauses. I wasn't sure if a single period indicated a shorter pause, or somethign else entirely.

I wonder why pauses are added after random characters' names, and not others.

Oh well, I won't bug too into it, just wanted to confirm that it's something I can delete without crushing my hopes of renaming.

Thanks KoT!~

I noticed that with the character names, they appear at the ends of odd-length names, padding them out to an even length. I'm guessing this has something to do with the tools IS used for their custom Huffman text compression scheme, since the "symbols" used in the Huffman tree are generally pairs of characters.

But in my own testing, removing [.] doesn't really make a difference to anything. I suppose it's *possible* that it gets used to calibrate timing in that one cutscene where the A and B skip options are disabled, to ensure that the music syncs up with the dialog... also it would be really weird to put in that kind of attention to detail, and then leave the bug where Eliwood turns black instead of fading out

Edited by zahlman