Sariya's Workshop

Sariya

So, I'm a huge fan of art, in all forms, and as such I tried my hand at a lot of them over my past years (starting around 11-12) and ever since I've loved it. I mainly work with pencils and pens, but lately I've started to work with digital art some more since I have a lot of ideas in mind and I feel like the best way to do it is via digital art. Also, I suck at coloring with pencils and markers and other things of the like, so yeah.

I won't harm your eyes with any of my past stuff--that's what my Deviant Art is for!

So, I'll just show some of my more notable--well, what I think are my more notable--pieces.

This is one of the few pictures of mine that I'm actually happy with. I did it for a project back in high school, using nothing but colored pencils against a special sort of black paper.

Tropical_Frog_by_ViewtifulJoeX.jpg

And now skipping ahead about 3-4 years... My digital works!

This one is an original character I made just a few months back. Out of all of my (few) OCs, she's probably my favorite. She's a zombie mafioso and her name is Dolly P.

dolly_p__and_peppermint_by_viewtifuljoex-d58mq7a.png

The art style used for her is greatly inspired and influenced by Alex Ahad, the artist for the fighting game Skullgirls.

And my last one for this post (since these seem to take up a lot of space...) will be one of my latest drawings:

chie_wins__by_viewtifuljoex-d5bla5b.jpg

This is my drawing of Chie from Persona 4--the picture is based on Persona 4 Arena though. This one was mainly done as a means of practicing with some background effects and getting some lighting/shading work done. I think it turned out okay, but I still have some things I need to iron out to refine the aforementioned areas. (Not on this picture specifically, but just in general.) Also, I forgot to give her shoes! orz

Anyway, I'll share some more stuff in the future if you guys like what you see above.

Hmm, I guess I should show my absolute latest drawing just to simplify things...

It's another one I did to practice some posing and depth.

candid_volleyball_by_viewtifuljoex-d5cg27h.png

Alright, now I'll stop with the pics for this post, haha.

Have to say, the frog is probably my favorite. You did a really good job on it. It looks so real and so cute! At first glance, I thought it was a photograph with a blur effect, then I decided it was a pointing. When I read it was made with colored pencils, I had to look back at it to check. Nicely done! ^_^

Thanks! Hehe, I had a lot of fun drawing that one. I actually forget that I have two other pictures similar to that one a lot. One is a blue jay (below) and the other is a humming bird which I did on a much larger piece of the black paper, so I've never been able to scan it. Maybe I'll try to get it into three pieces and put them together at some point.

Here's my blue jay I did around the same time:

Blue_Jay_by_ViewtifulJoeX.jpg

And while we're on my animal drawings, here's a tiger I did for the same class, but I think a few months beforehand:

This one has a lot of small errors that kind of stand out blatantly to me, so I'm not too keen on it myself, haha. ^^;

Tiger_by_ViewtifulJoeX.jpg

Edited by Sariya

Let's see... (I'm not good with not repeating myself, so be warned.)

The frog is pretty cool.

The zombie girl is nice.

The Chie thing is cool.

The posing and depth test one reminds me of Lethe for some reason (that's good).

The blue jay is cool.

The tiger's left eye (its left) seems a bit high, but otherwise it is good.

I'm not a good critic or whatever, but yeah.

I think you did a good job on the tiger. :3 Sure there are some errors, but they're so small it hardly matters (and it's hard for me to pick them out.) As far as the bluejay goes, it looks so soft, I want to pet it. ^_^

I think you're doing a really great job with the drawings on black paper. I used to do a few of these things as well, and drawing a variety of things always helps your drawing skills in whatever you may narrow yourself down to. Keep up the good work.