Keiya

At the time of fulfillment,

The drawn-out silence shall be broken.

The skies will grow dark,

And the earth shall shake.

With the resonating voice of a thousand storms,

Know that I am upon you!

Or something like that.

Anyway, the name's Keiya, and I've been a fan of Fire Emblem for about... 7-8 years now, I believe. I was a former member of Merlinus Tent (small crack FE community disbanded around... 3-4 years ago). The last FE I've played completely is Sacred Stones on the GBA (DS remakes turned me off, and I didn't want to buy a Wii just for the Tellius series). Since then I've moved on and done a lot of other stuff, mainly getting better at Japanese so I can translate games, as well as finishing up college. Now that I've got a lot more free time on my hands (as well as the announcement of a 3DS FE), I've decided to go back to FE, since I really love the story and lore behind the series.

Another reason why I want to join the Forest is because I think there's a good number of good people here who I can turn to for help in writing fiction. I'm planning to pen an FE fangame, and I'd like it if I can get some guidance on how to go about it.

As I've previously stated, I am an amateur translator, and I've done a bit of translation work for manga scanlation groups, as well as work on some translation notes in retail release games (I work part-time at NIS America when I'm not working my day-job). If you need anything translated, feel free to contact me.

As for Fire Emblem, I think the one with the best story is FE7, but the one with my favorite mechanics is FE8 (branching promotions, world maps, easier access to stores, 15-movement magicians who one-shot zombie dragons...). I abuse the arena like crazy, but only because I like breaking games. And an Artur equipped with Naglfar with maxed-out stats and can fly to the other side of the map in one turn is awesome.

Anyway, pleased to meet your acquaintance, and I can't wait to get my hands on FEA...

Edited by Keiya

Hey, welcome to SF! I don't really know much about the Written Works section, so I can't answer your question. Your best bet would be to ask a mod or make a ticket.

Awesome. So, just a question, but, do they not allow for script-based fanfiction in the fanfic section?

It's not gonna get you banned (go see Thracia UV as an example of script-based stuff), but I'd rather read a story than a script.