SgtSmilies' Sprite Thread

SgtSmilies

Meh, people say ERMAHGERD JERPERGER but I can clearly see the mus myself...

To fix it, get an image editor that can save as a PNG(like Paint.Net or Gimp) or get a program to convert bitmap image files to a PNG or GIF. I think it's called "Giffy" or something I dunno.

Elevate his cape where it goes over the shoulder pad.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh, people say ERMAHGERD JERPERGER but I can clearly see the mus myself...

To fix it, get an image editor that can save as a PNG(like Paint.Net or Gimp) or get a program to convert bitmap image files to a PNG or GIF. I think it's called "Giffy" or something I dunno.

Elevate his cape where it goes over the shoulder pad.

I usually save it as a PNG, but for some reason I can't in paint. Thanks.

Win 7 paint is terrible, so I got XP paint off the interwebs. I have vista on my other computer, so I have to get around jpegging it. This downloaded version somehow lacks the capability to save PNGs. I was just too lazy to make it a PNG.

EDIT: So, I changed up the mug a bit, but it was rather minor, so I'm too lazy to upload it. If anyone's got any other suggestions, I'll upload it after those.

EDIT II: 34nnyip.jpg

Meh, I didn't change much else, but I did add the minimug.

Edited by SgtSmilies

• 2 months later...

So, while I haven't posted the last almost-3-months, I've been doing stuff, but just not actually posting it.

o888yp.jpg I apparently didn't zoom out when I "finished" this one, and I had to fix her originally horrifying right eye. It's still kind of off.

f2ofn4.jpg The hair covering her eye I made, but the rest was spliced.

302ontj.jpg I was making Leaf, and the hair was getting irritating, so I just decided to FC it instead. It isn't terrible so yaaay!

15xn2h2.jpg I made a new version of the mug I made earlier. I like this one better.

b8449d.jpg Whoa man animation.

Still need to do basically everything save the basic attack and magic sword animation.

Jeez, my previous blinking and talking frames are horrible, blech.

Currently his front leg (and back leg to a lesser extent) just slide on the ground. Which would be extensively inefficient due to friction with the ground. Keep in mind to move as far as he is without steps requires him to jump, at least a little.

If he's using his leg for propulsion, he'll need to bend them prior to doing anything. Eliwood's a bad example of this. Mercs are a good example.

Hey, that animation doesn't look bad, I like it.

Maybe you should consider having the cape return to its position after the hit and before backjumping. It would make everything smoother and more natural.

Right now it just freezes in air. ;P

Your mugs are cool. Keep it up.

Shading's a bit chunky especially in the cloak. the lines are almost too straight--no flow to the fabric. The eyes are odd to me as well, not really sure how to best describe it. The bottom of the ear could be moved up a pixel or two, and the hair needs more definition. It's a good start, for sure.