How to abuse this game?

darkkfan

I'm sure that it has to do with real-time. Artificially moving time forward does nothing, as I've just observed, but I do know that I get 1 event in Everyone's Room every ~2 hours that pass. Not in playing time either. That would take forever for anything to happen...

For birthdays, it definitely looks at the system's date. I think year included since when I changed it to my birthday (which already passed and already got the "presents"), MU didn't have an event to herself but still got greetings.

I'm sure that it has to do with real-time. Artificially moving time forward does nothing, as I've just observed, but I do know that I get 1 event in Everyone's Room every ~2 hours that pass. Not in playing time either. That would take forever for anything to happen...

For birthdays, it definitely looks at the system's date. I think year included since when I changed it to my birthday (which already passed and already got the "presents"), MU didn't have an event to herself but still got greetings.

Alright then, thanks again for the answers.

Interesting about the Anna locations. Checking into it, it looks like there's still a random list, but for those locations, the list is limited to stat boosters (including Arms Scrolls) and Hammerne staffs. Other locations appear to have different lists; the early maps, for example, mainly have basic weapons like Iron, but can also have Master/Change Seals. I'm going to have to look into this more to get specifics to add to the shops list.

That's also interesting about Raimi; she's one of the few bosses you could boss abuse against, but you can't even do that. And Double Exp definitely needs more investigating.

Yeah I noticed that about the locations for example the spot right next to the final chapter appears to always have 3 stat boosters or 2 statboosters and a Hammerne staff.

The best way to test it is if you have a Space-Time Gate item, since like the scent box it summons a Merchant Anna to the chapter space you're at.

Sorry for asking again, but since my question in the question topic was ignored, and the issue was brought upon again here on a topic about abuse, I'll ask again. Can you adjust the clock/calendar to get merchants to come by faster?

Assuming it works, it would be a tedious process to have to change the calendar, check the game, ignore the merchant (enter and leave?), then repeat until Anna sells what you want. But I think it can help get certain weapon/item for a specific challenge (I'm thinking of you, Donny) or if you're like me and too impatient to get extra Change Seals before the kids start popping up. By extent, does it work on Everyone's room too?

Not sure if I am misinterpreting what you are saying, but one of the links posted earlier showed Change Seals available in the Chapter 16 shop (not one of the random ones). As for adjusting the clock, I had always assumed that the answer was no because even in FE11 changing the system clock wouldn't affect the [online] shop's inventories. And this game seems more designed to prevent those kinds of tricks, so I can't say I'm surprised.

You can get as many of the Limit Breaker manual as you want, as long as you successfully completely the map.

Do you have to complete the map say 20 times to get 20 Limit Breakers, or just once? Also, how does the Limit Breaker map compare in terms of difficulty (that is, around when does beating it become feasible)?

Edited by darkkfan

You can get Change Seals after Ch16 from the regular shop, but it's a bit of a wait. There's a lot of value in getting things early: normally, you get your first Master Seal in Ch8 and have a limited amount until you can buy more after Ch12, but merchants can sell them from when they start showing up after Ch3. I was able to make Lunatic+ substantially easier by grabbing a couple of Master Seals from the merchants and promoting MU and Liz before even entering Ch5. You can get Change Seals from merchants starting at the same point, but they aren't quite as important unless you're experimenting with class choices.

You have to complete a DLC map again in order to get the reward again, so getting 20 Limit Breaker scrolls does require completing LvD F 20 times. As for the actual difficulty of the map, it's the hardest map in the first series, designed for postgame teams only. I haven't recorded the Normal mode data yet, but see for yourself what it's like on Hard: http://serenesforest.net/wiki/index.php/Awakening_HM_Enemy_Data:_Light_vs._Dark_F

Edited by Othin

You have to complete the map 20 times to get 20 Limit Breakers.

I didn't have too bad of a time dealing with the map, but I was playing on Normal while deploying a small team while already well into maxing out my team. So... I can't tell you when the earliest point you can tackle the map is.

You can get Change Seals after Ch16 from the regular shop, but it's a bit of a wait. There's a lot of value in getting things early: normally, you get your first Master Seal in Ch8 and have a limited amount until you can buy more after Ch12, but merchants can sell them from when they start showing up after Ch3. I was able to make Lunatic+ substantially easier by grabbing a couple of Master Seals from the merchants and promoting MU and Liz before even entering Ch5. You can get Change Seals from merchants starting at the same point, but they aren't quite as important unless you're experimenting with class choices.

You have to complete a DLC map again in order to get the reward again, so getting 20 Limit Breaker scrolls does require completing LvD F 20 times. As for the actual difficulty of the map, it's the hardest map in the first series, designed for postgame teams only. I haven't recorded the Normal mode data yet, but see for yourself what it's like on Hard: http://serenesforest...ight_vs._Dark_F

Ok, I am now definitely convinced that getting change/master seals early is useful. I had no idea you could start experimenting with classes so early. About what is the chance that you will be lucky enough to get either of these items at Chapter 3 (meaning, how long will you need to wait on average)? Is it even possible to get units to level 10-20 that early, and if so how many (do you still earn less exp on harder levels)?

Did you wait until level 20 to promote MU and Liz or is that not worth it anymore since you can always demote and promote again later?

Edited by darkkfan

Depends. Again, the merchants appear in real-time, so if you take a while to get through it, there's more of a chance.

Exp is not reduced on the harder modes. I did take a couple of detours to play ST1 and S1, though, and I promoted both immediately at LV10. There's rarely much of a point to waiting, and certainly not in this game.

Edited by Othin

Depends. Again, the merchants appear in real-time, so if you take a while to get through it, there's more of a chance.

Right, is it known what the intervals are and/or how many combinations there are that early in the game (and how many of those combos involve change seals). I could do the math if I just knew how many items could appear at that point and what the interval is.

Exp is not reduced on the harder modes. I did take a couple of detours to play ST1 and S1, though, and I promoted both immediately at LV10. There's rarely much of a point to waiting, and certainly not in this game.

Good to know, but I'm sorry I do not know what ST1 and ST are referring to.

No idea on intervals. I've had a few days where I got close to nothing, then others with at least 5 Annas popping up over the day.

You can find Change Proofs (and Master Proofs) as soon as Anna can spawn on the map. Anna spawning on Ch. Prologue ~ 10 and S1 ~ S3 has a chance of stocking them. The pattern looks like Iron (or Steel for Ch. 4~8, Silver for Ch. 9+) Sword/Lance/Axe/Bow, 2 other items (weapons or consumables), Master Proof, Change Proof, "random rare". She'll stock 3 items from that list. So a 1/19 chance she'll pick the Change Proof.

Edited by Remnant Sage

Right, is it known what the intervals are and/or how many combinations there are that early in the game (and how many of those combos involve change seals). I could do the math if I just knew how many items could appear at that point and what the interval is.

No.

Good to know, but I'm sorry I do not know what ST1 and ST are referring to.

ST1 is the first DLC, with Marth. S1 is the first sidequest, with Donny.

No.

ST1 is the first DLC, with Marth. S1 is the first sidequest, with Donny.

Oh, is ST1 the only one that can reasonably be completed that early in the game? I was under the impression that most of the DLC couldn't be completed until well into/after the game, especially on Lunatic.

Edited by darkkfan

Oh, is ST1 the only one that can reasonably be completed that early in the game? I was under the impression that most of the DLC couldn't be completed until well into/after the game, especially on Lunatic.

The ST series is feasible to complete early due to the low enemy levels, although each successive one is noticeably harder. KvK and RvB are designed for later in the game, especially on the higher difficulties; on my Lunatic run, the easier two KvK maps presented a substantial challenge even after Ch17, and RvB is even harder. The LvD series is of course the hardest of the past-game groups, designed specifically for postgame. The three monster maps vary a bit: Gold and Silver and Entombed Heaven are designed to be incredibly easy (the enemies don't even attack), so you can complete them anytime, while Infinite Divine Weapons is quite a bit more difficult. It's harder than the Normal versions of KvK and RvB, but it doesn't scale with difficulty, so on Lunatic, it's actually easier than the later maps, with a difficulty level somewhere between KvK and RvB.

Looking at the Series 2 DLC, it gets a bit more like what you're expecting. The Ultimate Training maps are even harder than LvD, and from the looks of things, the as-yet unreleased Future of Despair maps go far beyond even that. However, the Other-World Resort maps are just weird, with mostly weak enemies becoming particularly threatening due to odd skill sets that just get stranger on the higher difficulties. At least, that's what the first one is like; the other two haven't even been announced yet, but it seems like they'll be similar, yet even more difficult. In any case, I've gotten through Ch9 on my Lunatic+ run and I'm still hesitant to touch the one released OWR map, despite going through the first two ST maps.

I should clarify that the DLC maps aren't affected by the differences between Lunatic and Lunatic+; neither are SpotPass battles with past-game units. The endgame SpotPass sidequests, however, do add the skills. And it seems like Future of Despair adds the fancy Lunatic+ skills even if you're not actually playing Lunatic+.

Or, to put it another way, we can look at the difficulty star ratings for the different series:

Spirit Talisman: *

King vs. King: **

Red vs. Blue: ***

Light vs. Dark: ****

Ultimate Training: *****

There is a bit of variation: the last map in each of the first four is the next star rating higher, and probably in Ultimate Training as well. The other map sets either vary, don't have enough information, or both, so there's no way to generalize. Of course, there's still questions about what the star numbers mean, especially since they tend to be inconsistent; Infinite Divine Weapons in particular is four-star yet on the higher difficulties is easier than a three-star map. But it should give a good idea of the gradual progression nonetheless.

Edited by Othin

So do you spend Fame to earn rewards or are the rewards unlocked as you reach the required level of Fame?

They're unlocked; you keep the Fame.

You can go to the Fame section anytime from the Wireless menu to claim any rewards with a Fame requirement less than or equal to your current Fame. You can only claim each reward once per file.