Return of the Emblem Chapter Ten: Converging Destinies

Phoenix

Norbert frowned a bit at Valter's request. Sure he had a long, wooden stick with a metal, sharp, pointy head at the end jabbed into his side, but he wasn't bleeding that badly and Valter had been riding around with his wound for much longer. He didn't have time to object, however, as someone came running up to them, knife ready.

"Look out!" as all he had time to say as the enemy stabbed Valter, then retreated. Norbert began to chase down the guy, but stopped, instead asking Valter, "Are you alright?"

At the sound of more hooves, Norbert kept a mace handy and looked up to see who it might be. He relaxed when he saw it was Nadya, though. She healed Valter, causing Norbert to feel even more at-ease, even enough to smile some and he gave the Nomad a nod of gratitude.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gytha, meanwhile, felt better after the healing she got. She also chose to stand where she was for the time being. Barnabas was just sort of staring at her. She stared back with a content grin.

"..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"Well?" he asked.

"Well what?" she still had her grin.

"Aren't you going to go kill some of me old allies?"

"No."

"... So, yer just goin' t' stay here and...not go away?"

"Fer now."

"..."

"..."

"..." Great Leviathan her smile's annoying.

Edited by Mercakete

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Man Called Gar

An arrow emerging from the dark nearly caught Gar by surprise. Luckily he was him, so it just grazed him. Still, damn that hurt! He wan't used to feeling pain outside of Master Ciaran's lessons. That jackass all the way... over there. Yeah, that was too far. Gar just went and killed some dancing fool in the meantime.

It's not dead? What the hell, that's not supposed to happen ever! Gar looked on mortified as he slinked away!

Gar attacks Bard B, Gar autohits.

(9+5)-1=14 damage.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3813172/

Bard B misses the counter.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3813174/

Bard B 3/21

Gar/Mushirah/Robin +1 point (22 total)

Edited by Script

Gabbie

Well the first question was well on its way to being answered, but then Chelsea added another that Gabbie was less comfortable with. If I tell her that they both got sent to the gate in a blaze of glory, she might freak out and do something stupid. No, to hell with it ... I'm not like Raquel. I'll tell her like it is and then beat the shit out of her if she tries to run headlong into the enemy. "John and Sophia are dead, and you will be too if you do anything stupid, so just stay behoind me and heal whoever you can reach from there." she instructed rather coldly.

The pegasus knight aimed to get revenge on Davod. She missed.

(4,5,2)= Miss

The other pegasus tried to avenge her mercenary comrade. She missed.

(4,6,2)= Miss

The bard tried to fend off his attacker with a knife. He-wait for it- missed.

(4,4,2)= Miss

The sniper and sage agreed to take out their close ranged weapons to deal with those getting too close for comfort.

(6,2,1)= Hit! Katrina takes 4 damage Katrina 20/24

The sage attacked Blake again, he missed.

(2,3,3)= Critical Miss

Pegasus Knight A

Class: Level 5 Pegasus Knight

Raw Stats

HP: 6 STR: 3 MAG: 0 SKL: 7 SPD: 9 LCK: 4 DEF: 1 RES: 2

Simplified Stats

HP: 18 MT: 3 Hit: 7 Evade: 13 AS: 9 Defense: 1 Resistance: 2

Weapon 1: Poison Lance

Overall Stats

Pegasus Knight B

Raw Stats

Simplified Stats

Weapon 1: Disabling Lance (Skill)

Overall Stats

Bard B

Class: Level 5 Bard

Raw Stats

HP: 7 STR: 0 MAG: 4 SKL: 7 SPD: 9 LCK: 3 DEF: 1 RES: 1

Simplified Stats

HP: 21 MT: 4 Hit: 7 Evade: 12 AS: 9 Defense: 1 Resistance: 1

Weapon 1: Mend Staff

Special Weapon: Combat Knife

Overall Stats

HP: 21 MT: 4(5 if CK) Hit: 7 Evade: 12 AS: 9 Defense: 1 Resistance: 1

Sniper A

Class: Level 1 Sniper

Raw Stats

HP: 6 STR: 7 MAG: 0 SKL: 10 SPD: 7 LCK: 4 DEF: 1 RES: 1

Simplified Stats

HP: 18 MT: 7 Hit: 10 Evade: 11 AS: 7 Defense: 1 Resistance: 1

Weapon 1: Longbow E

Weapon 2: Silver Bow

Book: Skill Book Upgrade 1 (Autohit)

Overall Stats

HP: 18 MT: 7(10 Silver Bow) Hit: 10 Evade: 11 AS: 7 Defense: 0 (-1 from bow) Resistance: 0 (-1 from bow)

Sage A

Class: Level 1 Sage

Raw Stats

HP: 6 STR: 0 MAG: 10 SKL: 9 SPD: 6 LCK: 2 DEF: 1 RES: 2

Simplified Stats

HP: 18 MT: 10 Hit: 9 Evade: 8 AS: 6 Defense: 1 Resistance: 2

Weapon 1: Meteor (Siege Tome) E

Weapon 2: Arcfire Tome

Overall Stats

HP: 18 MT: 10 (15 Meteor/Arcfire) Hit: 9 Evade: 8 AS: 6 Defense: 1 Resistance: 2

Warlock A (Defending- Aggressive) 0/24

Bard A (Aggressive) 0/21

Monk A (Aggressive) 0/15

---

Wyvern Rider A (Defending-Aggressive) 0/24

Fighter A (Aggressive) 0/18

Soldier A (Aggressive) 0/18

---

Hero A (Subvert) 0/21

Myrmidon A (Subvert) 0/15

Shaman A (Subvert) 0/15

---

Wyvern Rider B (Defending- Aggressive) 0/24

Pegasus Knight A (Aggressive) 1/18 Miracle activated

Cleric A (Aggressive) 0/15

---

Magician A (Defending- Aggressive) 0/24

Shaman B (Aggressive) 0/15

Myrmidon B (Aggressive) 0/15

---

Halberdier A (Subvert) 0/18

Mage A (Subvert) 0/15

Archer A (Subvert) 0/15

---

Mercenary A(Aggressive) 0/18

Pegasus Knight B (Aggressive) 18/18

Bard B (Aggressive) 3/21

---

Wyvern Rider C (Defending) 0/24

Sniper A (Erratic) 18/18

Sage A (Erratic) 18/18

Katrina 20/24

Player Phase 5? begin

Edited by -Cynthia-

Most of the enemies seemed to be visible, but there was still an area of darkness that felt sketchy. Valter wasn't convinced that the units on the field were the only ones left. Having been healed himself he was good to go, of course, but Bert here was still a pincushion. Nadya was right there too, but after last time he was a bit hesitant to ask to do anything. "Bert, stay here. Nadya, could you heal him please?" The 'Bert, stay here' part was the most important, regardless.

Valter rode off towards the last unlit lamps, grabbing a torch from Gar on the way. "I need this!"

Valter lights a lamp!

-----

"Ha, you'll have to do better than that!" Katrina shouted at the sniper. Volga grunted. What was she talking about, that hurt.

Katrina defends Blake!

Edited by roymbrog

Alright You Tenacious Sons o-

"... I don't believe this," said the woman atop the horse as the final lamp was rekindled. "Bobby, get out of here. Suzume, get ready. We're going to finish off the toughest ones and then pull out."

"I don't think we can keep them from surrounding us," Suzume said as she pulled down her mask.

"Big sis, no! I can't leave you here by yourself! They're killing everyone!" the young boy piped up.

"No kidding; that's why I want you gone. You're still innocent in all this, and I'd like to keep it that way," the woman shot back.

"Big sis ... I can't."

"Wrathdammit, Bobby, do you want to die or something?! What a pain ..."

Suzume assumed a defensive stances and an electrical field began to form around her. "Here they come ..." she warned.

"Shit! Don't use your stupid shield so close to us! Bobby, I swear to god if you don't move your ass ..." She quickly drew her bow ready to counter anyone who got too close.

Alexandrina (Erratic) 18/18

Bobby (Erratic) 9/9

Suzume (Erratic) 24/24

---

Warlock A (Defending- Aggressive) 0/24

Bard A (Aggressive) 0/21

Monk A (Aggressive) 0/15

---

Wyvern Rider A (Defending-Aggressive) 0/24

Fighter A (Aggressive) 0/18

Soldier A (Aggressive) 0/18

---

Hero A (Subvert) 0/21

Myrmidon A (Subvert) 0/15

Shaman A (Subvert) 0/15

---

Wyvern Rider B (Defending- Aggressive) 0/24

Pegasus Knight A (Aggressive) 1/18 Miracle activated

Cleric A (Aggressive) 0/15

---

Magician A (Defending- Aggressive) 0/24

Shaman B (Aggressive) 0/15

Myrmidon B (Aggressive) 0/15

---

Halberdier A (Subvert) 0/18

Mage A (Subvert) 0/15

Archer A (Subvert) 0/15

---

Mercenary A(Aggressive) 0/18

Pegasus Knight B (Aggressive) 18/18

Bard B (Aggressive) 3/21

---

Wyvern Rider C (Defending) 0/24

Sniper A (Erratic) 18/18

Sage A (Erratic) 18/18

Alexandrina

Class: Level 5 Ranger

Raw Stats

HP: 6 STR: 10 MAG: 0 SKL: 15 SPD: 14 LCK: 1 DEF: 1 RES: 1

Simplified Stats

HP: 18 MT: 10 Hit: 15 Evade: 15 AS: 14 Defense: 1 Resistance: 1

Weapon 1: Synthesized Bow

Item: Tonic

Special Item: Shining Armor

Book: Skill (Canto+)

Overall Stats

HP: 18 MT: 10(12-SB) Hit: 15 Evade: 15 AS: 14 Defense: 1(0-SB) Resistance: 1(0-SB)

Bobby

Class: Level 5 Mage

Raw Stats

HP: 3 STR: 0 MAG: 5 SKL: 8 SPD: 7 LCK: 2 DEF: 1 RES: 6

Simplified Stats

HP: 9 MT: 5 Hit: 8 Evade: 9 AS: 8 Defense: 1 Resistance: 6

Weapon 1: Firewall

Weapon 2: Precise Water Tome

Special Item: Power Amulet

Book: Switch

Overall Stats

HP: 9 MT: 5 Hit: 8(12-PWT) Evade: 9 AS: 7(5-B) Defense: 1(9-B) Resistance: 6(14-B)

Suzume

Class: Level 5 Warlock

Raw Stats

HP: 8 STR: 0 MAG: 8 SKL: 8 SPD: 8 LCK: 2 DEF: 7 RES: 7

Simplified Stats

HP: 24 MT: 8 Hit: 8 Evade: 10 AS: 8 Defense: 7 Resistance: 7

Weapon 1: Barrier Thunder Tome

Special Item: Shining Shield

Special Item: Special Gloves

Book: Skill (Full Counter)

Overall Stats

HP: 24 MT: 8 Hit: 8 Evade: 10 AS: 8 Defense: 7(10-SS) Resistance: 7(15-BTT)

Pegasus Knight A

Raw Stats

Simplified Stats

Weapon 1: Poison Lance

Overall Stats

Pegasus Knight B

Raw Stats

Simplified Stats

Weapon 1: Disabling Lance (Skill)

Overall Stats

Bard B

Class: Level 5 Bard

Raw Stats

HP: 7 STR: 0 MAG: 4 SKL: 7 SPD: 9 LCK: 3 DEF: 1 RES: 1

Simplified Stats

HP: 21 MT: 4 Hit: 7 Evade: 12 AS: 9 Defense: 1 Resistance: 1

Weapon 1: Mend Staff

Special Weapon: Combat Knife

Overall Stats

HP: 21 MT: 4(5 if CK) Hit: 7 Evade: 12 AS: 9 Defense: 1 Resistance: 1

Sniper A

Class: Level 1 Sniper

Raw Stats

HP: 6 STR: 7 MAG: 0 SKL: 10 SPD: 7 LCK: 4 DEF: 1 RES: 1

Simplified Stats

HP: 18 MT: 7 Hit: 10 Evade: 11 AS: 7 Defense: 1 Resistance: 1

Weapon 1: Longbow E

Weapon 2: Silver Bow

Book: Skill Book Upgrade 1 (Autohit)

Overall Stats

HP: 18 MT: 7(10 Silver Bow) Hit: 10 Evade: 11 AS: 7 Defense: 0 (-1 from bow) Resistance: 0 (-1 from bow)

Sage A

Class: Level 1 Sage

Raw Stats

HP: 6 STR: 0 MAG: 10 SKL: 9 SPD: 6 LCK: 2 DEF: 1 RES: 2

Simplified Stats

HP: 18 MT: 10 Hit: 9 Evade: 8 AS: 6 Defense: 1 Resistance: 2

Weapon 1: Meteor (Siege Tome) E

Weapon 2: Arcfire Tome

Overall Stats

HP: 18 MT: 10 (15 Meteor/Arcfire) Hit: 9 Evade: 8 AS: 6 Defense: 1 Resistance: 2

Valter told him to stay where he was. Well, that was a little irritating, but he did see Valter's point. The horseman lit another light...and Norbert was quite shocked when he saw who it illuminated. There was a kid, a lady with a bow and someone he never thought he would see again. "Suzumay?" Shaking off his surprise, Norbert discarded Valter's advice and rode as swiftly as he could in their direction, taking to the skies to make himself a target harder to hit. "Suzumay!" he called down, "What are you doing?!"

Hold Your Horses

Seeing the incoming pegasus rider, Alexandrina prepared to snipe him right out of the sky, but she paused when he called out to Suzume of all people. Deciding she didn't much care who he was, she prepared to shoot him anyway. "Hold on!" Suzume quickly said, stopping Alexandrina just long enough to investigate. "I remember him from earlier ..."

"Who cares? He's the enemy!" Alex reasoned.

"Because trying to kill these people has gone so well for us," Suzume countered, rolling her eyes. She didn't dismiss the rising shield ... she had to be careful here, but she did respond to Bert in time. "I don't know what you're doing here, but this is a really bad time ..."

Bobby meanwhile scanned the scene frantically making sure no one was sneaking up on them.

"I'm with the people you're attacking," he informed as he landed by them, ignoring Alexandra, "What are you doing here? You're going to get routed!"

Le Jobs

When Bert landed, Alexandrina pulled back her arrow again. No way she'd miss from this close ...

"Yeah, I don't think we can win, either, but I'm not backing down. I have orders. If you want to put a stop to this, you're going to have to defeat us in battle," Suzume explained.

"Not like he'll get the chance. You're as good as dead, rider ..." the woman warned. She was just a few seconds from loosing that arrow into his head.

He cast a bit of an annoyed glance at Alexandra before looking back to Suzume, "So, you're just going to fight to the death here? Even with a kid here?" he motioned to Bobby. "This is ridiculous. Who cares about the money, anyway? I'm pretty sure I have enough to pay for whatever they were offering you. Just get out of here before the others decide to kill you."

He was pretty worried, actually. He knew he probably wouldn't be able to stop the others once they got to them. "Just get out of here... Hurry!"

The lights went up and Valter’s eyes widened. Didn’t he know that girl there? Yes, he most definitely did know her as Bert just confirmed. …Didn’t he tell him to stay put? During their little conversation Bert either didn’t notice or didn’t care that the enemy archer was aiming right for him. “As are you,” Valter said, his own arrow aimed at Alexandria.

Impasse

"Are you done talking to this drooling idiot, yet? I'm tired of waiting!"

Valter quickly followed up by aiming his bow at Alex, which prompted Bobby to try and get in the way, quickly gathering up water from the ground and guiding it around the front of his body to form a sort of protective shield. "Don't!" he pleaded.

Suzume's conversation with Bert continued, but took an interesting turn. "I won't abandon my allies, and I don't expect you to abandon yours either." Suzume quickly turned to Alex and said, "Point that at someone else. I'm taking him on."

"What?"

"That's about all I can do for you. I'm not going to kill anyone-that's not my job here-but I'm still going to protect Alex and Bobby, no negotiations there ... and I'm going to start with you." Not her preferred target out of all the people running around here, but at least that would keep Alex from shooting him and making the situation even worse on them.

"I meant that all three of you should run," Norbert clarified, "It's a losing battle. I say fight another day...against someone who isn't us."

This was a situation Norbert rather hated. He knew people on both sides. Instead of preparing his maces, though, Norbert got off of Rizen's back and had her trot off. Then, he crossed his arms, standing tall. "There's no point in it. I'm not turning on anyone. If it was a friendly spar, I'd fight you, sure. I'm not going to attack you, though. You three just get out of here."

Valter’s threat prompted an unexpected response; Bobby was trying to protect his older sister. He kept his aim on Alexandria. “And why shouldn’t I? She wouldn’t think twice about shooting one of us, I’m sure. Move out of the way, kid.”

...And then Bert was telling them to just leave. "Are you crazy? They just tried to kill us!" That was ludicrous, unthinkable, and borderline treacherous. Suzume, sure, but telling all of them to go like that? "Bert, back off."

People and Their 'Honor', Good Grief

"Leave'er alone!" Bobby protested.

"Like he's going to listen to you," Alex mocked, glaring at Valter. She had since stopped aiming at Bert and started aiming at him, leaving the two in a bit of standoff. With them both being on horses, Bobby would only be able to stop one of Valter's arrows if he was lucky.

"You can't be serious!" Suzume protested as Bert sent off his pegasus and crossed his arms at her. "You can't just stand there-I can't attack you like this!" Unsure what to do with Bert refusing to fight, Susume turned toward Valter, but kept her eyes on Bert. "I don't even know why you care so much ..."

Norbert shot Valter a glare. "If we can get through this without killing anyone, shouldn't we? At least now. We already won, Valter. There's no reason to keep fighting if they retreat. I know that's something coming from me, but I don't feel good about this! And if our roles were reversed, I wouldn't want people telling me I had to run away and leave my allies to die, either."

He looked back to the trio, "That's why I want you to just retreat."

Davod boosts Hit by 2. 6/15 HP

Davod homes in on pegasus rider A and just obliterates the everloving pooples out of it, first going into a frenzy, whipping the beast all over (wings, neck, even the eye, all that jazz) and deciding to finish with a massive leap over the stunned creature, landing a flying knee to the rider's skull with a sickening crunch. Even Davod had to grimace at that one.

+ 10 points for the brutality. - 5 Points for lying.

Mushirah defends Gar.

Talky Talky

"Gods, would you shut the hell up already?! 'Retreat, retreat', if we run away, we're as good as dead anyway, so shut your trap and fight us, you lovestruck pegasus riding coward!" Alexandra snapped at Bert.

Suzume didn't think Alex would let that slip, but whatever. "You heard her, she can't back down and I'm not leaving her and Bobby to be killed by you people. I'm going to protect them. It's about more than just money. If I walk out on them just to save myself, what kind of person am I? It might not sound like much after that situation with the bounty hunter and his horse, but it's my decision."

Oh, well now Valter had two people glaring at him. It seemed he was the center of attention at the moment. “Like hell I will,” he replied, returning the ranger’s glare in kind.

Of course Bert didn’t take his words kindly, and that was understandable considering he didn’t mean them kindly. “Without killing, sure. But they’re not just going to walk away from this.” Then Alexandria revealed some crucial information (well, not crucial to him, really). “Perhaps they’d be willing to surrender?”

Stuff

"Nope," Alex immediately answered, keeping her arrow aimed right at Valter's eye.

"I can't change her mind," Suzume added, rather obviously. "If you want to end this, then you'll have to fight," she pressed some more. And dammit, Bobby still wasn't running. At least if he would up and leave she could prioritize him over Alex. He knew Alex was going to fight to the death, but as long as she didn't go down before Bobby left, he wouldn't necessarily stay and fight to the death as well. She already knew it wasn't going to work out that way though. As the last of their allies began to fall, she could see the enemies slowly moving in toward them. They were good, but against this many ... and they never even made it to the Leverager, who had a much larger crew than this bunch.

Norbert's anger was peaking. Not at Valter, not at Alexandra's insults...but rather, at the whole situation he was in. There was someone he respected on the other side of the fight and she couldn't just run away when he allies needed her: another reason to respect her. Meanwhile, his friend had an arrow pointed at him and a kid was even trying to protect the one pointing the arrow at Valter. The others would try to converge on these three soon and there was nothing he could do to stop them. They were being particularly vicious this fight, too, and Raquel was out cold the last time he checked. He felt powerless against something he very much didn't want to happen, but seemed inevitable. It was a lose-lose situation with terrible consequences no matter what he did.

He was so angry he couldn't see straight. There was nothing left to do... Nothing left...but to choose a side and fight. And even then, his anger was fueled against this twist of fate, as he recalled, furiously, Everything always ends in a fight... Everything ALWAYS ends in a fight! I can never win! It never happens! WHY DOES IT ALWAYS HAVE TO END LIKE THIS?! He gripped his maces so tightly his knuckles turned white. Whenever anything goes wrong...it always ends in fighting...for me.

"FINE! FINE!!! THERE'S NO WAY TO HELP IT, SO FINE!!! I HATE THIS, BUT I'LL FIGHT YOU, SUZUMAY!!!" With that, Norbert whipped out his maces and charged furiously at the person he couldn't help but respect, his red eyes wild with fury.

Counterspell activates!

(8+3)-6 = 5 = hit!

Counterspell does 8 damage!

Norbert attacks Suzume! (+2hit from barding in effect)

((5+2)+2)-10 = -1 = miss!

Norbert couldn't see straight he was so angry, and so his maces passed through the air, never meeting with his opponent.

AUTOHIT!

(8+5)-3 = 10 damage!

Norbert 0/18

Suzume 24/24

Norbert -5pts

The Rising Shield

Bert finally lost it; Suzume could only speculate as to why. They'd only just met. Things started to make a bit more sense when Bert came at her, though. He was willing to fight now. She dispersed her rising shield and the shockwave blasted Bert, slowing him down enough to give Suzume plenty of room to maneuver, which she quickly used to sidestep his attack. She followed up by sending a thunderbolt to Bert's hands to try and disarm him, but ended up striking his maces instead, which sent the current straight into his body, ending the fight with a bit of a light show. When he fell to the ground, she cringed, realizing that the metal in his maces had augmented her spell far more than she expected. She quickly rushed to his side and tried to get at least his upper body off of the ground. "Oh no, don't die, don't die, okay?! I didn't come here to kill you, okay?! Don't die!"

"Well, that was brave," Alexandrina admitted. "I'm tired of waiting now so since the idiot's down ..." She was ready for violence.

Edited by Phoenix

Well, that hurt. The immense surge of electricity was something his body just couldn't handle for a couple moments, he blacked out. He ached all over when he woke up on the ground and he couldn't move. His muscles had contracted and didn't want to loosen. His hands burned a little and he felt somewhat confused. It had been a unique experience he wasn't entirely keen on reliving any time soon. It took him a moment to recall what had just happened. Then he realized someone was trying to help him up. There were words, too. They were panicked. Blinking, he realized Suzume was worried...that she'd killed him?

"Worry about yourself," he managed, though not without difficulty. Most of his muscles weren't cooperating and really, he didn't want to move. "I'm alive."

The fall had, however, pushed the arrow deeper into him, which was particularly bad because the metal arrowhead had also conducted the electricity of the attack, heating it and cauterizing the flesh within some.

Edited by Mercakete