Draft Mafia Round 2: AnonyDraft gameOver

Elieson

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[des Rois, I apologize for the mixup.[/quote]

It is not a problem dear. I'm sure des Rois is much easier to type then Leonmitchelli Galette anyway.

Anyhow, I have completed my first pass on the thread. I'm afraid that I've only been able to digest as much of the thread as the meal I have just finished eating, so it will still be some time before I can ascertain some in-depth opinions on players, perhaps once I have mingled with the players more rather then relying on information prior to my sub in. Rest assured I am still working on it.

Again, the extreme wordiness of the thread so far is a bit of a bother and quite a hindrance. You all have quite a lot to say, I'm now aware, but it also makes it quite difficult to read - in both the Mafia definition of the word and the dictionary one.

Preliminary suspicion goes to pluto for past reasons stated (defense using meta, weak cases), but I will have to reread focusing on his posts for a more definite analysis.

Navo, my main reason for finding you scummy is because you've done very little except try to push a lynch on Scumnori for a really shitty reason. Have you realized yet that your entire case against him (or at least whatever you've explained in thread) consists of him first saying that his vote for Robin was RVS, and then saying that his reason for voting Robin was "lol you're st00pid"? You say that this is a contradiction, but it's not- RVS doesn't need to consist of votes pulled from a RNG, they can also be votes made for really small and irrelevant reasons as he claims his Robin vote was. And even if it was a contradiction it's a really small one and hardly anything to base your entire case against him on, this far into the phase. I suppose a very small reason for my vote against you is that your activity has been really sporadic and lurky, yes, but mainly it's because you've done almost nothing even in your limited activity, and you seem to show up just when people are starting to wonder where you've gone. You're trying to push this lynch on Scumnori for reasons shittier than those you outline against RMS. Your points against RMS are not something I agree with but at least they show more depth of thought than your Scumnori case.

I never even attempted to push RMS. I said one of his posts seemed kind of bad to me and I asked him a few question. I think got my answers in response and I was fine with leaving it at that. And my case against Scumnori isn't just that. Read his other posts. He specifically only voted when he was told to vote someone. His other posts really don't have a town vibe to them and he's generally fading into the background(Hi pot this is kettle.).

I can see the reasons for voting pluto are currently quite justified, he's not been putting much effort into scumhunting so far, which gives him a very bad impression. I can definitely support this wagon. ##Vote: Pluto (L-1)

Scumnori does not seem to understand that without a vote, all your opinions may as well be useless. Votes are a solidification of your suspicions, an therefore you should always try to have one down. They also act as a form of pressure, having a vote over someone's head is a very useful and reliable prod.

Continued individual reading of players I find suspicious are underway. I will try to read Okarin and Navo next, and I have slight gut on Knight Bear from the posts I've somewhat skimmed so far, but that is somewhat unfounded until I read him better.

I had an analysis all typed up on navo, but because chrome sux, I lost it all, so I'm going to make a quick point-form opinion on it.

-I think that pluto is newb, to start off, and I also think that he isn't self-metaing +/ being apathetic +/ being self-pitying. I also don't think that he should get a free pass, but a d1 lynch is probably unjustified.

-What I think makes him look so bad is the admittance to active lurking, and his (what I perceive to be) unintentional unhelpfulness. This justifies some of the votes on his wagon

-However, I think that the wagon is suspect, to say the least. I feel the best about RMS and Sidekick, the latter I think to be wrong in his reasoning wrt self-meta. It reads as pessimism to me.

-I've already addressed Okarin.

-Balboa's vote post strikes me as odd, considering that if the lynch is for utility, wouldn't the user formerly known as tesla be a better role at that point in time? I already mentioned the apathetic/self-pitying remark, but to elaborate, I don't know how he got those reads, and it strikes me as suspicious. Call it gut.

-Why are people focused on someone who is looking to be a likely candidate for modkilling due to inactivity?

Onto Moonside:

What do you mean by misguided?

They have no motivation? FLC saw something wrong within his argument and replied. His tone aside, his post -had- content and a point. It's just his way of making a stand.

Wait, do you think Robin is really a vig? This is the bluff he was referring to...

Once again, you are calling him for insults and because of his tone. What about his argument? What about his point?

Actually, he called them lazy because they voted without much further explaining. Just like Scumnori did with Robin, saying 'lol don't be stupid *vote*'... Or this is how I see it.

I still think it's because they had weak justifications, but that's okay.

1. I meant I thought the read on RMS was off, and that I thought he was town. That error has been rectified.

2.I don't see the strategy in implying someone's tunneling right after telling them to stop fishing, over a bit of rvs filler silliness. I also don't think calling it an overreaction justifies the use of those words, as they literally are fighting words.

3. I don't think Robin's trolling was considered a bluff. If that actually is the case, I'm sorry for the liar accusations, and my read softens a little.

4. Insults aren't an effective way of getting one's point across, and while is argument's solid, I disagree with the notion that Robin is "stupid".

5. FLC confirm this?

6. The thing that bugged me is that he wouldn't cite any particular accusation at that point in time, so in wording it that way, he was painting everyone with the same brush, which is... condescending and defensive, in my opinion.

My read's weakening a little, but I think that FLC is still scum, with that exchange in mind.

OK, Okarin round 2:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sidenote: I think you like to use "uninformative one-liners" way too much. Please mix your vocabulary up, please?

Firstly, stop ignoring my Balboa read. Even if I didn't word my read correctly as gut feeling from the tone of the posts at the time, you can't just dismiss that when my two targets in my first wall were FLC and Balboa.

Secondly, I also gave my opinion on the two previously when I touched on scumnori I elaborated on Navo earlier, and now I'm talking about the newkelement above.

I think that just about sums up the part directed towards me aside from my formatting, which means I guess I should number my points? I addressed the points in order.

Anyways, I'll just wrap my serious part of post by saying that I'm probably not going to be here for deadline, but I am willing to hammer if needed to in the next two to three hours.

Silly ending:

Welcome to the game, Kermit. Your avy made my day. True story.

Des Rois, no welcome for you, as I think The Kings are a shitty hockey team.

Oh uh forgot about Scumnori.

Scumnori strikes me as one of the sheep players of old, almost, in the sense that they almost have to be told what to do in order for them to do something. It's poor play to do this, and considering the circumstances I don't consider the vote to be credibly thought-out. They're a timid town player, but I really think they should grow a spine, so that they can credibly help the town out.

Hey

I hadn't read Bahamas' post. Still, I don't mind lynching Navo either, he's causing more polemic than Scumnori and lynching him would be informative. Also, I won't be here for the end phase, and I feel so tired that I'll probably give it a break... Tomorrow will probably be better.

I'd like to bring the point that we'll get more info from lynching Navo than lynching Plutonium who did nothing and admitted to active lurking. It's much better to lynch an active player and see his actions from another eyes, at least imo.

yes but Why Are They Town

what you just posted is literally scumlogic since you're telling us that scumnori is ____ because he's town and not the other way around

If you're asking why I think they're town, it would be called "gut", based on their reactions. PEML, but I haven't seen anything too glaring after that misunderstanding.

Also, if you read my blacktext, I'm saying that reminds me of sheep-players of old. Which is where I might derive the association of them being with town.

The reason why I wouldn't go for a roll on them right now, aside from that, would be the O-squad are collectively better targets.

Oh uh forgot about Scumnori.

Scumnori strikes me as one of the sheep players of old, almost, in the sense that they almost have to be told what to do in order for them to do something. It's poor play to do this, and considering the circumstances I don't consider the vote to be credibly thought-out. They're a timid town player, but I really think they should grow a spine, so that they can credibly help the town out.

Being timid is one thing.

Defending yourself a lot and hardly contributing is another.

Being timid is one thing.

Defending yourself a lot and hardly contributing is another.

agree on hardly contributing, but it almost seems like scumnori's letting themselves be pushed around. Also I don't think they're defending themselves that much compared to other people. Unless you're talking about ratio.

I hadn't read Bahamas' post. Still, I don't mind lynching Navo either, he's causing more polemic than Scumnori and lynching him would be informative. Also, I won't be here for the end phase, and I feel so tired that I'll probably give it a break... Tomorrow will probably be better.

I'd like to bring the point that we'll get more info from lynching Navo than lynching Plutonium who did nothing and admitted to active lurking. It's much better to lynch an active player and see his actions from another eyes, at least imo.

I feel like you are trying to back up pluto for some reason. Yes, he admitted to active lurking, but admitting to doing something scummy does not erase your actions. It's actually probably better to lynch a scummy player and see who defended them.

We should decide over the next few hours, guys, because deadline is going to be missed by a lot of people. And end-phase wagons are emo13.gif

think pretty much everyone wants pluto gone except for a select few since he's at l-1. chances are none of our targets are going to be around to claim at deadline so this is basically a crapshoot

navo's reads only matter if he flips scum, otherwise we only learn he actually believed what he was saying, not whether it was accurate or not

pluto has interactions regardless in the form of people voting his wagon or tring to stay off of it

I feel like you are trying to back up pluto for some reason. Yes, he admitted to active lurking, but admitting to doing something scummy does not erase your actions. It's actually probably better to lynch a scummy player and see who defended them.

That is the problem. No one defended Plutonium, aside from Core Navo and Manix Bear_Knight. And Helios me, I guess, from that last post. He is an easy target for those who are looking for one. That is why I'd rather vote someone who seems to be more experienced, active (and thus, able to convince people and discuss) and would give us more insight because he posted more than Pluto. We can actually see the stuff he did, it is concrete.

yeah moonside i get that you're scum regardless of pluto's flip but you don't need to announce it

also lol @ navo as core

I dunno, I always end up arguing with Core. Or BBM, for that matter. They are, ironically, the people who I have the easiest time arguing and pursuing when I'm scum. Yet, I think that lynching Navo will give us more insight, so I'm in favor of it.

Also, does anyone have an idea of which player I am? I'm just curious.

seriously we lynch to kill scum not for information. the fact that moonside is pushing navo lynch over plutonium and scumnori because navo is a more experienced player is fucked up in at least twenty different anti-town ways

What stops Navo from being scum? What makes you so certain that Plutonium and Scumnori are scum (aside from his name, of course)? They are probabilities. So, I'd rather bet on what will give me more insight. Rest assured, I still doubt both of them. I just prefer a Navo lynch now.