Draft Mafia Round 2: AnonyDraft gameOver

Elieson

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Running away for four straight hours of class. It may appear as if I'm on at points, but that probably just means I needed my computer for class for something. Basically, my current plan is that whichever of Scumnori or Navo doesn't post a nice scumhunting post or two within the next... 12 hours or so is going to get my vote for the rest of the day unless something else majorly catches my eye. If they both start actually having useful posts, I'll reread everything and reassess my decision then. See you guys later.

For fuck's sake, I AM A GUY. I already said it.

Also, Moon, your case against me for "...shut up it's hammer?" is grasping at straws. I didn't want to get in trouble for talking after deadline, and there wasn't any discussion there that couldn't have been done today. You seem to really want to lynch me.

If you don't want to get into trouble by talking, don't talk.

I'm getting town reads from Robin, partially because that doctor strategy is exactly something he would do (considering he kinda spilled his actual user, but I won't restate it here).

Your meta on Shinori just because he gambles a lot and usually misses something important is unsettling, to say the least. What makes you think he couldn't be scum trying to be opportunistic? On the worst case scenario, from a pessimistic point of view, he managed to influence the vig indirectly by saying FLC had something scummy going on around him and then telling people to attest to FLC's claim (what) that he was a vig by typing the vigshot syntax on a post, so he didn't look scummy on Robin's point of view.

Btw, I'm not saying -that- is the case. I'm just saying that is a possibility. So you can't say that Robin is innocent because of meta.

So, you defended pluto not because you thought he was town, but because he seemed new? Why would you need to defend a person who you thought was scum? Are you trying to get town creds for helping out a "newbie" town player?

No. I said Navo was experienced and active. Being experienced made him more dangerous than Plutonium, being active would make it more benefitial if he flipped scum because we'd have more info about him, and he was suspicious enough for me to accept that gamble. Add these three, and you'll know why I saw a Navo lynch better than a Plutonium lynch.

I don't particularly like this way of thinking. For one thing, we can get plenty of information from a pluto lynch based on the way people reacted to it, not just from what pluto himself said (which he admitted to not being a whole lot, as he was lurking and such). For another, losing an experienced scum player is very good as it makes the town less likely to be manipulated, but losing an experienced townie is very bad as it makes things much more easier. So saying one would rather lynch an experienced player over and inexperienced player is superfluous.

Except he isn't the only experienced player around. Losing one experienced player on Town's side isn't such a big loss, while losing one experienced player from the Mafia's side is a big loss for them (note: they are the minority).

Also, we didn't get much information from a Pluto lynch. He hardly posted at all, he didn't have such a big role, nobody reacted to his lynch, we can't have insights and reads from what he has done on the past... Well, our only clue is that scum might've used him as a scapegoat, which I find it to be obvious on his case, and we can question those who voted on him and their reasons.

I'll continue this when I'm back.

what mechanics don't i grasp?

redirector (my role) redirects all roles targeting my target to a player of my choice.

sidekick (flc's role) redirects all roles targeting her target to her.

these are the only redirecting roles in the game.

with this in mind it is mod-confirmed to me that flc had higher priority and tried to sidekick caliban for why-the-fuck, because i was redirected to her last night while trying to redirect the scumkill from caliban to navo

Hm... I think this is what happened:

- FLC targetted Caliban and switched places with him

- You targetted Caliban, so in the end you hit FLC

Is that right?

##Unvote

##Vote: Navo (L-5)

okay so we're avenging caliban and lynching this fucker today.

You sir just made my day. I laughed when I saw this. =P

note how his #86 serious vote is a chainsaw for flc without any thought on the actual flc/robin argument

note how his #140 okarin vote is more because okarin isn't posting essays and ignores how easy it is to find okarin's point legit (active lurking and one liners are scummy, guys!) just because pluto has to be ok because... .... ......... navo wanted to defend him i guess

note how his defense of plutonium cherry picks the points against plutonium, sign of blatant buddying up to avoid being seen on the wagon

really all this dude does is buddy up to townies, his scumhunting is pretty lackluster and for all his belief in town-pluto he never does anything to challenge the wagon and stop pluto from being mislynched.

Those are the reasons I find Navo scummy, basically. Aside from my points agaisnt him last phase. When you buddy up to someone and you don't stand for them, it makes the whole thing look like an opportunistic scum trying to look good by defending a townie. I really want to see more from him.

##Vote: Moonside

After ISO'ing, you said I was scummy in part because of my inactivity, while in your previous post you said that scum inactivity would be detrimental because scumbuddies would be mad at him (pluto) for being inactive. So, scum can't be inactive because they want to be, but being inactive is still scummy?

... Sorry about that. I've let my bias on Plutonium and my reads on you to let me choose you over him, also because I found the Pluto wagon an easy way for scum to mislynch someone because seriously it was soo easy.

I'm really unsure of Robin, I started to think he was town but then after shooting/asking someone to shoot FLC he looks a lot worse in my eyes. Especially since that was the only vig shot all game, and he just blew it there and then. I'm watching him closely because he's my big scum read for me, but with 3 townies dead already, if he is doc, we really can't afford to lose him.

Then again, it's possible the scum took doc just to screw over the town.

##Vote: Robin's Egg

So you believe he's the doctor, yet you're willing to lynch him? Oh well. The true doc could just roleclaim back, you know.

I mean, last draft game, scum took doc to just make sure that town didn't have the role. However, that being said, a) RE claims they aren't doc, and b) for what it's worth, I'm pretty sure that RE is town. They've been actively helpful, and honestly thought that FLC was scum. They had a plan to try and catch FLC in a lie, but I missed it and so was a little trigger happy and shot. But besides that mishap, RE has been actively scumhunting, making logical arguments that make sense, and just in general has been seeming town to me. I would not support a lynch of RE unless something drastically changes.

Because I don't like voting for the sake of voting' date=' I vote for the sake of lynching someone I find scummy. I also want to hear the other person's side of things, as making a decision before hearing both sides is foolish and just lets stuff like the FLC dayshot go unchecked.[/quote']I think this is a bad way to play, you should always be voting your biggest read, otherwise it has less conviction.

Not quite sure how to handle all these walls as well, a definite reduction of text, or better use of bulleted lists would reduce the clutter here greatly.

I do have a few players on mind for reads. Not quite sure what to think of Navo based on his last post, I need to better read he case on him.

Will look at Scumnori again too.

Balboa and Bear will require investigation, although I am loathe to do so with the amount of text they produce

##Vote: Moonside

After ISO'ing' date=' you said I was scummy in part because of my inactivity, while in your previous post you said that scum inactivity would be detrimental because scumbuddies would be mad at him (pluto) for being inactive. So, scum can't be inactive because they want to be, but being inactive is still scummy?[/quote']I just noticed this tidbit from Moonside's post and am quite displeased with it.

This is all wrong. Inactive scum is definitely a valid tactic, alebit less so when an inactive player becomes a target for a lynch. If town is trying, though, it would be in their best interest to divert the wagon to a more active player.

I would say "much like Navo was doing" but Pluto was a townie and Navo!Scum has no reason to divert the wagon to somebody else.

I think this revelation may help me with my scumhunt.

Yet another Navo post doing nothing but defending himself. I think what strikes the worst is:

But no really I had already made points against scumnori and Okarin but no one wanted to listen for the most part it seemed so I just made a small post and left, since I was in a hurry.

This is nothing but an excuse to stall and continue not to contribute. Say what you gotta say, and if people aren't listening at the moment trust them to reread. Don't just post a couple sentences and shoot out. Give your opinions and SCUMHUNT already.

Bahamas' Robin vote looks extremely opportunistic. RE has looked town the entire game, and you're gonna all of a sudden find him the scummiest in the game? Plus he didn't even read what happened correctly. Bahamas came in late and hasn't had the chance to contribute much, so it's tough to get a strong read just yet, but the vote looks like a scum-move IMO. Leaning scum for now, would like a better explanation as to why Robin is scum besides the fake doc claim. Oh jk he unvoted now. Bahamas, care to share some of your reads?

Balboa's latest post was nothing but a defense. I find his case against RMS grasping at straws though. RMS has done a fair job of contribution to the game, and is leaning town IMO. Yes it would have been more ideal for her to have more quality posts during that 6 page interval; however, if you look back at her post before that she did give a lot of quality opinions.

This wasn't my intention, and I can't really say any more than that, though I never said or implied the bolded part and wouldn't want people to think such anyway.

Well I was referring to this this sentence right here.

Its good that you finally did respond thoug, which is what has saved you from my vote. Although I'm not 100% sure on voting someone who is inactive.

Also Balboa, giving off scumreads and then not voting for any of your scumreads is nothing but empty threats. It looks more like you just don't want to start a wagon, because either you'll end up lynching a scumbuddy or mislynch a townie, which would both look bad on your part. Your passiveness in regards to voting looks scummy. That aside though, what are your reads now?

Moonside still looks like he's feigning contribution. He's responding to the events that occur and asks questions, but he's still not formulating his own opinions on reads (or at least hasn't shared them to this point) of players. Moonside, who do you want lynched and why?

I just noticed this tidbit from Moonside's post and am quite displeased with it.

This is all wrong. Inactive scum is definitely a valid tactic, alebit less so when an inactive player becomes a target for a lynch. If town is trying, though, it would be in their best interest to divert the wagon to a more active player.

I would say "much like Navo was doing" but Pluto was a townie and Navo!Scum has no reason to divert the wagon to somebody else.

I think this revelation may help me with my scumhunt.

Inactivity is a really bad tactic to choose, mainly because everybody jumps on you. Even if it's not by choice (which has apparently been the case with everybody who ever goes inactive here), it draws attention, which is ironically what a purposely-inactive player would want to do.

After reading through Moon's posts again, I guess his reasoning for Pluto fits in. Mainly because of his second to last paragraph in #328. ##Unvote

des Rois, you've posted quite a bit, and you've read up. However, you haven't given any real reads yet.

Inactivity is a really bad tactic to choose, mainly because everybody jumps on you. Even if it's not by choice (which has apparently been the case with everybody who ever goes inactive here), it draws attention, which is ironically what a purposely-inactive player would want to do.
You'll find this to be wrong, especially considering that the two least content-producing players (Bahamas and, sadly, me) have gotten next to no heat.

Scum Lurking requires having lessened activity without looking un-meaningful. You have to scumhunt, but only enough to have a few good reads and a vote.

des Rois, you've posted quite a bit, and you've read up. However, you haven't given any real reads yet.
Reading up consists simply of reading the posts in order up to this point.

Due to the general undigestibility of these text walls, getting much in the way of information is exceedingly difficult without going in depth into a specific player's posts and cases on player.

You'll find this to be wrong, especially considering that the two least content-producing players (Bahamas and, sadly, me) have gotten next to no heat.

Scum Lurking requires having lessened activity without looking un-meaningful. You have to scumhunt, but only enough to have a few good reads and a vote.

Reading up consists simply of reading the posts in order up to this point.

Due to the general undigestibility of these text walls, getting much in the way of information is exceedingly difficult without going in depth into a specific player's posts and cases on player.

You should look at how I'm being addressed in this game, then. Because you're straight up following the first part of your Scum Lurking theory.

Plenty players don't post in massive walls, and plenty of reads have been given on them. You'll need a better excuse as to why you have literally 0 reads. You should stick to digesting those posts before you go around feigning contribution.

##Vote: des Rois

Okarin, from what I grasped, your scumread on SB was greater than your one on Balboa. I haven't been really focusing on Navo or Balboa, so I'll make a post concerning them after I ISO.

Plenty players don't post in massive walls, and plenty of reads have been given on them. You'll need a better excuse as to why you have literally 0 reads. You should stick to digesting those posts before you go around feigning contribution.
These posts are in between gathering reads and such. If you'd rather have me not post until I can safely vote for a player, then I will do so.

Votals

Scumnori (2): RockMySocks, Moonside (L-4)

Navo (1): Robin's Egg

Balboa (1): Okarin

des Rois (1): Scumnori

*Guys, please remember to numbersignnumbersignUnvote. It makes my job a hundred percent easier*

With 10 players alive, it takes 6 to Hammer. 49 Hours remaining in the Phase.

Also;

I apologize for any delays in my activity or announcements. My home internet has been shut off, and until I reconfigure my phone as an alternative internet source for my PC, I will be sporatic in big quality posting.

Note to self: This is hilarious.

Moonside still looks like he's feigning contribution. He's responding to the events that occur and asks questions, but he's still not formulating his own opinions on reads (or at least hasn't shared them to this point) of players. Moonside, who do you want lynched and why?

Rapier Scumnori: Because he didn't do anything during D1 and D2 other than being inactive and defending himself only. Then he took an offensive stance exclusively agaisnt me. Only now he's beginning to change, so my priority on lynching him is lower.

Also, Moon, why do you find Navo scummy? And Okarin, you seem to find a load of people scummy, why aren't you voting SB?

- Navo replied to Pluto's post about active lurking saying that he didn't seem that scummy at all, without further explanation. I see it as buddying. He didn't stand for Pluto when he was about to get lynched.

- Has been too worried about justifying himself and defending himself than scumhunting or doing anything else.

Hence why I'm not agaisnt lynching him too. Balboa's posts also strike me as odd... Maybe it's just his playstyle, but still. I'll ISO him later.

I currently do not think Navo is quite viable as a lynch because it doesn't much fit the scum's plan to defend the main wagon except for townie points.

Not quite sure what to think of ScumNori. I have a mixed read on him, mainly in part due to his odd activity and voting preferences, and also his stance on active lurkers.

I have gut on Balboa, especially because of his #304. I don't like his stance on Socks (who I think is town) and his opinion on Robin's Egg, while founded in suspicion, seems hasty. I need to read more of him, but for the sake of having a vote down I will place it on him. ##Vote: Balboa

- Navo replied to Pluto's post about active lurking saying that he didn't seem that scummy at all, without further explanation. I see it as buddying. He didn't stand for Pluto when he was about to get lynched.

- Has been too worried about justifying himself and defending himself than scumhunting or doing anything else.

Sure, I guess I agree with your thoughts on Navo's playstyle. I don't see his reply to Pluto as buddying, however, because PLUTO IS NOT SCUM. How on EARTH could he be scum buddying a townie?