Fuzz94's music thread

fuzz94

One of the many reasons why i gave up on ROM Hacking momentarily was because I'm in a band and it takes up some free time. We play a rap/rock fusion, much like Rage Against the Machine for those who like them.

Our first (and currently only) thing I'd like to share is us playing Guerilla Radio by Rage Against the Machine, blindfolded. Yes we all had blindfolds, even though it had no effect on me (the vocalist) other than operating the camera.

[spoiler=So here is that video]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fk-36gvhc8&feature=plcp

And our facebook page for those who want to like us

http://www.facebook....465821240129414

My main purpose in the band is to rap actually, and I did have "solo career," which is where the name came from. Anyway here is my solo joke rap EP as well. DISCLAIMER: THIS IS NOT A SERIOUS SHOWCASE OF MUSIC!

http://soundcloud.co...ts/trial-error/

And that's all for now, I'll share some videos later on when we have more if people show interest in us.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

hearing it makes me wish that the guitar pattern wasn't so similar to Dream On from Aerosmith. you could have at least changed the key from the original. i also think that you should warn people that you said fuck one time in the song. i know that this forum allows swearing, but someone(not myself) might listen to the song and feel uncomfortable hearing the word or have other people nearby who would feel that way.

holy hell someone responded to this thread

First off, yes you are entirely correct, an explicit warning should have been there, my deepest apologies.

Now, I see what you mean, although I did sample the guitar rifs and rearranged them from the actual song. There is definitely a way to warp the key it's in with the program I use, so I'll keep that in mind. Thank you for the critique.

That's a good question. Well, here:

1. There is another instrument in the background that I believe is a violin and I could not replicate that sound, thus not having a fuller sound

2. I could not get the proper sound from the song, or the quality with the stuff I have

3. Lots of people sample clips of other songs and use it for beats and such

i don't feel very comfortable infringing on your music thread, but i did make an example

[now removed]

that didn't take very long to make at all, even with my very slow computer. it doesn't sound exactly like it, but yeah i recommend that you look into finding free instruments to use from the internet so you'll have more resources and won't be forced to resort to song sampling so quickly.

again, i'm sorry to post my own audio and i'm going to remove it from this post after you let me know you've heard it

3. Lots of people sample clips of other songs and use it for beats and such

don't use this as your justification. everything you do is up to your own decisions. personally i wouldn't recommend direct song sampling at all, because you already know how to write your own material

Edited by Boney

Nah it's all good I know exactly what you mean.

What I'm saying is, my style is using real instruments and playing it myself, mainly because I haven't found very many good sounds for the program I use.

Although what you posted is awesome as all hell. What did you make that in?

The other thing is, once I find a way to make something like what you did, I'd be doing my own music, not someone else's. Sampling is just straight up easier and sounds significantly better than what I have at the time.

i get free soundfonts from the internet. they're not that dummy-proof(it can take quite a bit to make use of good instrument samples disguised as bad soundfonts sometimes), but the more you get used to them, the more useful they actually become. i once used a bunch of old samples for an "orchestral" remake of some pop song, and it was actually pretty convincing to people who listened to it. what programs are you using yourself?

I use ableton live 9, with an Akai MPD18 pad. I chopped the intro to the song up and then shaved them down to size, mapped them out in a drum rack and then used the pad to change the order of the progression. Used same program for vocals