Google Chrome switch

Melonhead

I've heard a bunch about how good this google chrome is, so I decided to try it out. It does seem crazy fast, but aside from that it is pretty simple and otherwise plain. I do like the new banner for serenes though :P

which ones do you guys use?

I use Chrome, it's pretty handy. Plus I can disable all sorts of visuals and ads. It came in handy when Lightli spammed his loli emotes continuously,

You should switch over to Google Krom

Where do I download

I've really started to see the upsides of some of this. Some serenes features have been "unlocked" you could say, like the animated banner at the top.

Why does people say Chrome is better than firefox? I see no difference between their speeds and they both have the "anti-advertising" add-ons.

Often it comes down to compatibilty with various things, or personal preference. You can do searches online for browser comparisons, but you can never really be sure how accurate they are (most will put Firefox or Chrome on top, depending on a few slight factors)

I've used Opera for years and I see no reason to stop

Same here. It has its own form of adblocking, and even if stuff breaks, I can usually get around it.

I used Firefox until some time in late 2009 or the first couple months of 2010. At that point Firefox had been running lethargically on my computer for many updates, which is especially noticeable to someone like me who usually keeps about twenty tabs open at a time. I had also been running into lots of crashes in the previous months compared to almost none in the years before. I wasn't nearly as software and operating system-literate then as I am now, so I don't know exactly why I was running into so many issues with Firefox that many others seem not to have, but by the time a friend convinced me to give Google Chrome a spin I was fed up enough with browser problems that I made it my primary browser and haven't looked back since.

My romance with Google Chrome hasn't been without its ups and downs, but overall I will say that Chrome has in my experience been a faster, more stable browser than Firefox. Firefox still has the edge in customization potential, but the gap between the two browsers in that area has narrowed tremendously since my adoption, to the point where there are only a few things that I would ever want to do that are possible in Firefox but not in Chrome, and none that I would ever want to do more often than every few months.

I say install both Google Chrome and Firefox. That way, you can use whichever one you like better and if you change your mind about which one that is or run into a web page that's incompatible with one of them (it happens), you already have everything you need.

Edited by Hero