Graphics Question

Burning Star

So uh...I'm not sure if it's just my emulator or the necromancer animation itself is the problem but whenever a close range critical happens, the spell graphic turns gets buggy like this...

FireEmblem-theSacredStones.png

This happens with Nosferatu, Fire, Elfire, Thunder, Lightning. The problem doesn't appear to be with the game since I've imported the Necromancer animation to FE7 and the same problem occurs. I even tried remaking the animation, but that didn't do anything. This also happens on a clean ROM. So, anyway, is there anything I can do to fix it?

What emulator are you using?

I never bothered to play the game enough to unlock Lyon. And I didn't see any point of hacking him on my team.

Is he meant to be able to use fast spells instead of just dark magic? Because if the game designers didn't intend for him to use faster spells, the magic rune must be too long when it comes to close range and messes with the graphics of the spell... or something.

It also happens with Nosferatu so I'm not sure...I think it's the only one out of the dark spells that messes up when he gets a critical. But if it's the sage rune that's causing the messed up graphic, can it be taken out using a hex editor?

edit: I tried replacing the sage runes and it turns out they were the ones causing the problem. So uh...if I rebuild the animation, a solution to that is to add more frames after the sage runes and before the attack, right? Or do I have to do something else?

Edited by Burning Star

Yeah, guess I am bothered by it.

Uh...is there a way to find out the duration of a frame by looking at the frame dump data in a hex editor?

I have the necromancer animation pretty much done actually. All that's left is the timing in the script and I don't think I spend a lot of time doing trial and error just to get the timing of the frames as close to the original as possible.

Well this could have saved me a crap load of time instead of reading the hex.

Here's the problem.

What are you gonna use that script with? You're gonna have to edit the hex anyway if you're not completely rescripting the animation.

because i dumped the frames for the assassin animation and made a female assassin.

However, I had no idea what the frame count was for every uhh image? so it was just guess and check or look at the data dump

because i dumped the frames for the assassin animation and made a female assassin.

However, I had no idea what the frame count was for every uhh image? so it was just guess and check or look at the data dump

Well, no I meant in the OP's case, but I guess you meant your own applicable case.

Well, actually I have it. But I don't really know how to get it to work. The step about python confuses me. When I downloaded it, it was just a bunch of files, so I'm not sure how to install it.

Here's the problem.<br style="color: rgb(7, 55, 2); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(239, 255, 240); "><br style="color: rgb(7, 55, 2); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(239, 255, 240); ">What are you gonna use that script with? You're gonna have to edit the hex anyway if you're not completely rescripting the animation.

Well, like I said, I have the Necromancer's frames all set up. I just need to know the frame counts.

Well, actually I have it. But I don't really know how to get it to work. The step about python confuses me. When I downloaded it, it was just a bunch of files, so I'm not sure how to install it.

python installation is literally a .exe file that you run

and it installs python for you

and then you can just double-click to run the .py file

Oh, ok...so I went to python's site again and searched for their installer. This time I found it and now I have it installed.

But I still can't get it the script converter to start I have the dump in the py folder now. But the script converter keeps on saying "Could not find the main class: components. FEditorScriptConverter. Program will exit."

I tried putting all the files in one folder but still didn't work. What else do I need to get it to work?