Need criticism

Burning Star

Can anyone give some comments on this mug? It's just L'Arachel with Lyon's hair although the hair extension is done by hand.

And by the way, what do you use to resize the mug to make minis? My paint resizes the whole picture instead of just the selection and when I try paint.net, the resized image has sucky quality and I also can't load the portrait in FEditor.

Something.png

Her hair feels too big for her body, and that's because Lyon's head is bigger than L'Arachel's. You'll also need to work on the shading where the hair meets the face/neck (right now, I don't see much, if any).

Draw a mental line right down her face. Everything to the right needs shading where the hair meets the face/neck/clothes. Zoom in on Lyon's face, and pay attention to how the colors work where the hair meets the face. You probably don't want to fully mimic it, but it'll give you an idea of what to do.

And by the way, what do you use to resize the mug to make minis? My paint resizes the whole picture instead of just the selection and when I try paint.net, the resized image has sucky quality and I also can't load the portrait in FEditor.

PdN: Reduce entire image by 50% on Nearest Neighbor, fit it to a 32x32 box, then edit accordingly.

Edited by · j e a l o u s y ·