Unable to successfully patch TRS

lonelyVoxel

When I tried to patch TRS with a patch applier, ppf-o-matic, the ROM did not load after. The ROM I have is a .img file, and the file I tried to patch was a .ppf file. However, before I patched the ROM, it asked if I wanted to continue with the patching since it predicted it would not work. What I want to know is if I need to convert one or both of the files to other formats, use a different program, replace one of the files. If none of the above, tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Edited by Forceman

If the game works, redownload the patch?

What emulator are you using? I recall there was one that just shat on me when I tried to run the patched game.

To add to that, pSX version 1.13 is probably your best bet for a PSX emulator. If you have ePSXe right now, you might want to consider it.

I know my shit didn't work until I tried running it on PSX 1.13. Try your patched ROM (and unpatched ROM, to make sure the emulator works) on that.

Get back to us if that doesn't work and we'll see about the patch itself. Gotta try to eliminate stuff one-by-one, after all.

The only hard part is finding the BIOS, which you should already have if you have a working emulator. Don't go asking for help and then refuse to do what we advise. ;/