Halo 4

Samias

I don't own the game but for the past two weekends I've been trying to set up the campaign to play with my boyfriend and two other friends. Last week, we only managed to get 4-p splitscreen to work in Wargames mode, so we went online and played other people (and got utterly owned from two of us being complete shooter novices, myself included) and that was fun and all, but not quite what we wanted. Despite how the interface looks, you cannot play 4P splitscreen Campaign or Spartan Ops on one console. We accepted this as limitations of the console, and that this was probably a decision made late in the dev cycle. Later on we opted to play Castle Crashers.

So we tried again this weekend, now armed with two TVs, two consoles, two copies of Halo 4, and even 2 active XBox Live Gold subscriptions. We set our consoles to System Link (LAN). The consoles could clearly see the other console and listed their game as joinable, so we try... and fail to connect. Even through XBox Live, the two consoles refuse to link up. Even with only the two Gold accounts with no guests we cannot connect. We try setting up a party ahead of time. We try inviting a player from the dashboard into the game. Nothing works. I JUST WANT TO PLAY A CO-OP CAMPAIGN MICROSOFT, WHY DOES THIS HAVE TO BE SO HARD?

Eventually we gave up on Halo and played Scrabble instead. Maybe I'll try again, but my experience with Microsoft's multiplayer set-up is anything but positive. No wonder every other time I have a get-together with friends, we always play Rock Band or something on the Wii.

Scott Pilgrim is my go-to co-op ~4player game, personally

I've heard great things about the campaign and the game in general, maybe a little less so about wargames. Hesitant to do something like buy another 360 for it and a maybe a couple other games any time soon, though.

And XBL has always found ways to excel at pushing my buttons, but to be fair PSN has decided to ardently disagree with me about when my birthday is (barring me from making debit card purchases without going to customer service), so I guess it more or less evens out.

Edited by Rehab