Worth promoting?

escroc

I'm kind of iffy about these promos but I need the bonus. Should I and who's worth it?

Name--------Lv.-HP-Str-Skl-Spd-Luc-Def-Res

Franz-------12.33--31--12---8--14---7--10---5 -> (paladin)

Gerik-------12.16--33--15--14--13---9--10---5 -> (ranger for MOV?)

Cormag----13.63--34--16--12--12---5--13---3 -> (wyvern knight for +SPD?)

Promoting Gerik wouldn't be too had with those stats. But I would go with Hero unless you are running a purely high move team since his access to handaxes will be very useful. While not overwhelmingly powerful, he should be fast and strong enough to 1-2RKO most opponents in the game if promoted at that time. Franz would love another few level ups in his lower tier to help raise his stats a little more, but there is no really 'bad' time to promote him. Cormag alternatively would probably really like a quick promotion to sure up his speed for a better momentary gain. If you plan on having him solo maps it might be worth giving him a few more levels in his base class, but otherwise now would be a good time. I hope this helps.

I wouldn't suggest promoting, but if you have to. Cormag.

Unfortuneately, the only reason why you'd early promote Cormag is if you're stuck on the Phantom Ship and need a promotion asap. I tend to do that and it works out in the end but you're already past that so there really isn't any point.

Thanks for the input smile.gif

I'm torn on Cormag. With 12 SPD he does double a lot, but with a few enemies he doesn't, and I'm trying to figure out if promoting now is a good time or too early, and which path -- it's +3SPD vs sword for me. My only speed wing is already used on Duessel.

Seth is used.

I'm on Ephraim's route, the "Father and Son" chapter, trying to see if it's possible for 6 turns (or maybe 5, idk, it's my first attempt lol.. should I really skip the secret shop?). Already promoted Artur at lv10 and he has B rank staff. Not sure if he'll hit A in time, or I'll have to make do with Moulder's 7 Mag unsure.gif There are 2 energy rings lying around for that I guess, but I'd rather save them for Artur's 14 Mag.

Forde was promoted to help speed up Selena's chapter. He performed well, but I think it's hurting him in the long run.

As for Gerik I'll probably hold out for longer, and when he promotes he'll be Hero then. Franz is... his Sword rank still can't afford a steel sword or iron blade, so maybe not.

Edited by siren

Unless you're doing LTC, I'd say go Hero with Gerik.

As for Cormag and Franze... my personal preferences are Wyvern Knight for Pierce and Great Knight for the added power and DEF, but either works well. In any case, I'd recommend waiting for as long as possible before promoting anyone unless it's an emergency and quick promotion is the best way to proceed.