Guys, how do I survive the college application process.

Roxas

At least my apps were universal. Just do one and send it to 5 schools. Thank you applytexas!

Well, the Common App applies to 10/11 schools I'm applying to. It's just these damn supplements that are killing me.

I know they're just like 500 words each, but it's just so... bleh.

Wow that's convenient. I didn't have a common app thing and had to write a few essays. Only applied to four schools though. You'll be fine, Roxas, it's really not that hard. Just time consuming. I suggest doing it all at once so you won't have to think about it ever again, and you'll be happy you did it later on so you won't have to worry anymore. I got my little bro to apply to colleges a couple months ago to be proactive.

I had an awful time using the common app, though I had to make an Early Decision deadline that was in the middle of hurricane Sandy.

Now back to procrastinating on all my Regular Decision applications because playing the FE12 translation is much more important right?.

Apply to only one or two schools. Don't do the common app.

How I avoided college app stress.

Why take a risk like that, especially since you only need to complete the common app once regardless of the number of colleges? I wouldn't feel comfortable unless I knew that the one or two schools were incredibly easy to get accepted to.

Edited by Isaac55

Yea earlier is better for sure. Some schools will even do a thing where early applications have a better shot at getting accepted.

Except that rolling admissions thing only applies to two of my safety schools, so it's not really worth rushing it anyway. :C

I had an awful time using the common app, though I had to make an Early Decision deadline that was in the middle of hurricane Sandy.

Now back to procrastinating on all my Regular Decision applications because playing the FE12 translation is much more important right?.

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I'M GOING THROUGH RIGHT NOW.

Apply to only one or two schools. Don't do the common app.

How I avoided college app stress.

What.

But how. ):

I mean, I know of people who just threw everything at only Princeton for regular decision, and lucky them, they got in--but it's not like my parents are on the board of admissions, are trustees, have a scholarship fund named after them... x(

I applied to one school and then my high school didn't send my final transcripts, so I got rejected. Always double check that your high school isn't full of cocksuckers remembers to send your final transcripts.

An alternative, which I hated at the time but turned out to be a great idea, is to save money and go to community college for 2 years and knock out your gen-ed requirements. I honestly had far better teachers for my Calculus and Physics classes than I would have had if I had done those at my university.

I applied to one school and then my high school didn't send my final transcripts, so I got rejected. Always double check that your high school isn't full of cocksuckers remembers to send your final transcripts.

An alternative, which I hated at the time but turned out to be a great idea, is to save money and go to community college for 2 years and knock out your gen-ed requirements. I honestly had far better teachers for my Calculus and Physics classes than I would have had if I had done those at my university.

What asshats.

Except community college is kind of taboo when you're attending one of the top boarding schools in the nation.

which is the greater taboo, spending more money than strictly necessary or community [sic] college [sic] ? you decide

I'm noooot going to say undergrad doesn't matter, half because I'm not through it, but for the record, it is possible to get into high tier schools from a community college. Pressure to aim higher isn't all bad, assuming you can afford it, and can even be healthy, but it wouldn't be a

situation.

Though I'd suggest at the least making sure your preferred schools has at least one backup degree in addition to your first choice, you probably know what you're doing in that department. The actual applications to individual schools can be good opportunities to flex your creative and writing skills, as long as you can be confident enough in your answer that you could, say, talk about it in conversation. I'd advise drawing the line at doing more work on your application than you'd be prepared to do in class, but again you probably know yourself on that better than I do. (that's all assuming you're talking about your individual applications and stuff)

Good luck!

Edited by Rehab

You could always do state uni

That's not a community college but it's a hell lot cheaper unless you get those crazy scholarship thingies

Roxas you probably know my thing about getting into CMU but ultimately deciding I'm too poor to go there and went for a state school instead on near-full scholarship

Just make sure said school is still decent for your major or something

Edited by Zhuge Liang

Though I'd suggest at the least making sure your preferred schools has at least one backup degree in addition to your first choice, you probably know what you're doing in that department. The actual applications to individual schools can be good opportunities to flex your creative and writing skills, as long as you can be confident enough in your answer that you could, say, talk about it in conversation. I'd advise drawing the line at doing more work on your application than you'd be prepared to do in class, but again you probably know yourself on that better than I do. (that's all assuming you're talking about your individual applications and stuff)

Good luck!

Yeah, of course. I mean, right now, I'm really looking at BME/biochemistry, but I have at least two backup options at each school I'm applying to. ^^;

And I'm pretty confident in my essay writing; it's just the bulk of it all that's killing me.

You could always do state uni

That's not a community college but it's a hell lot cheaper unless you get those crazy scholarship thingies

Roxas you probably know my thing about getting into CMU but ultimately deciding I'm too poor to go there and went for a state school instead on near-full scholarship

Just make sure said school is still decent for your major or something

I mean, money's not really an issue here. I'm just tired of cranking out 500-word essays for the past week. =n=

inb4 I get into my ED school and all of this work was for nothing.

hey bme's pretty cool

kudos

Except it means that I'll be applying to engineering colleges in the university, which means I'll have to compete with 23984723984723984723423 other Asian boys.

ffff

inb4 I get into my ED school and all of this work was for nothing.

I'm actually tossing the idea of waiting until December 15th to start the other 9 application supplements that I have to do. A horrible idea, I know, but if I were to be accepted ED by fluke chance, I wouldn't have to even start.

Edited by Isaac55

roxas, didnt you get like a perfect on your SAT?

So.

Eventually, I realized it was due soon. So I set aside about 3 hours and... finished my four applications in that time. It's just a matter of getting through the tedium.

But it's tediussssss.

GZ3ZV.jpg

I'm actually tossing the idea of waiting until December 15th to start the other 9 application supplements that I have to do. A horrible idea, I know, but if I were to be accepted ED by fluke chance, I wouldn't have to even start.

You have no idea how badly I want to do this.

Like, I have four apps left, and I really just want to toss them out the window.