In New Jersey, they have made a law that bans religious jokes.

Mufasa

....wait!

doesn't that go against freedom of speech?

that's unconstitutional!

The government doesn't give a damn about the constitution.

Ha ha...

New Jersey.

New Jersey doesn't exist according to the uncyclopedia. I find the uncyclopedia more trustworthy than what any goverment says. They lie too much for us to believe anything that comes out of their mouths.

Under the current Bush administration, constitutional law has been twisted and completely disregarded in some cases. It will be up to the next president, whether they be McCain or Obama to fix this mess. That being said, the Executive and Federal Legislative branches really have no power in this situation. *Dips into knowledge of legal-ese*

I sincerely doubt that this law will continue to be in effect for long, as it so clearly violates the Freedom of Speech granted to all U.S. citizens in the Bill of Rights. What will probably happen is that a case will be brought before the Supreme Court challenging the legality of this according to the constitution. The Supreme court has ruled against laws passed by individual states before, and even recently. They ruled against the new law in Massachusetts which would have made it so that a person convicted as a child rapist would have to receive the death penalty by stating it violated the eighth amendment (cruel and unusual punishment). This clearly has less of an argument for it, so I don't think it will hold up for too long.