Infiltrate-Annihilate

Zanryu

YAY FOR CRAPPY NAMES! WOO HOO!

Yeah. Read if ya want, don't if you don't. I may continue, may not. I normally never finish this shit, so whatever. This stuff usually gets better as I go along.

-Chapters-

Prologue

Chapter 1

Chapter 2 newchapteril6.png

-------------------------------

It's always me who has to do the impossible. It's always me who has to risk my damn life every time the Organization pussies out and refuses to send the higher ups. Why is it me every damn time? Is it because I'm the best there is? Or is it because if I die, no one will care. Personally, I think it's a bit of both, but when I have a job to do, I'll do it. Besides, the pay is good.

"So I have to infiltrate an Iraqi operations base and eliminate any potential threat to our soldiers?" I asked, my arms crossed as I walked behind the task officer.

"Exactly right. Now Mathers, here's the deal. You're gonna go in light, and you're gonna go in fast, you got it?"

"Yes sir. How light am I going exactly?" I asked, my curiosity peaked. I'd done some crazy shit before, but infiltrating and destroying an entire operations base with minimal equipment seemed about as smart as a retarded fifth grader's idea for a Mother's Day celebration.

"You'll be going in armed with a Springfield M1903A4 equipped with a custom scope, which I'll explain later, and a silencer. You'll also be equipped with an AMT AutoMag V. You're not getting a silencer for that bad boy, so use it only if needed," the task officer said, stopping to breath. He stopped and looked back at me before he spoke. "Then you'll have your Calico M960A, equipped with a silencer and larger capacity magazine, your combat knife, your smokes and your flashbangs. Any more questions?"

"Yeah, one. When do I leave?" I asked, a smirk on my face. With my odds, I'd be getting out of there with a few bullet holes in me, but nothing gives you a rush like getting shot in the leg. No time for drugs when you're busy getting shot at by crazed Iraqi soldiers, right?

-----

So there I was, Agent Dom Mathers, staring at what I'd be bringing with me to Iraq. With all of that, I'd be lucky if I got even relatively close to dying! Like promised, I had my Springfield, I had my AutoMag, my Calico, and all the other toys a guy like me needs. So, I got to work with getting set up.

In about half an hour I was set up in my ballistic vest, reinforced with a sheet of metal. Not even a rifle would get through that shit. Moving on... I had my elbow pads, knee pads, my thigh guards... hell, I was starting to feel somewhat secure now! If only it were true... I had my black belt to match what body armour I was wearing, equipped with components for my trusty grenades. On the right, also on my belt was my holstered AutoMag pistol, which rested a fair bit higher than the knife that was strapped to the outside of my thigh. Then on my back I had my Calico and my Springfield. Handy, oh so very hand.

"So, you mentioned explaining the scope?" I said, a hint of doubt in my voice. I didn't think it'd be anything special compared to usual. Damn was I wrong.

"Ah, right. Okay, this baby has a magnification property of up to 700 yards, a nocturnal sight feature, and a built in thermal detection mechanism."

"You're talking heat vision, right? Like, see shit through walls based off of their body heat?"

"Yes, that's one way to put it. Just know that upon arrival it'll be dark, and you'll have to move fast. We can get you just outside the patrolling lines, but then it's up to you. Got it?"

"Yes sir."

With that, we stepped out of the room, sealing it behind us with those massive, steel doors. I was about a day or two from my mission, and I wasn't even worried yet. Key word being, "yet". As we were about to exit the building, one of the nurses stepped in front of us, something held tight in her hands. I looked her up and down, sizing her up (in practically every interpretation of the phrase). She wasn't half bad, and she was about to save my life. She handed what was in her hands to me, and I checked it out.

"Adrenaline, isn't it?" I asked, looking her in the eyes. Her dark brown eyes seemed sincere, and a smile etched itself onto her face.

"Y-yes. That's enough adrenaline for three shots. Over do it and it might kill you, but you should know that by now. You know the needed dosage, correct?"

"Damn straight."

"Okay then. Oh, and here's a little something in case." she said shyly, handing me some vials of fluid, empty needles and a pouch for it all. I opened the pouch and found all the necessities. Places for the vials, needles, and already prepared adrenaline. I knew that the stuff in the vials was a local anesthetic, and there was a shit load of it. Which was perfect, because I'd need it a hell of a lot if I wasn't careful enough. Slipping the case onto the back of my belt, I kissed the nurse on the forehead as a sign of thanks. She blushed and hurried off, back to work I assumed.

"So, mister Mathers. Are we ready?" asked the task officer. He looked me square in the eyes, an intimidating look on his face. He liked to try and scare me before a mission, but what I DIDN'T know was that he was stupid enough to not realize it never worked. A simple grunt was all he needed to know what I meant, so he opened up the door to the helipad, and I clambered into the helicopter stationed outside.

"Good morning mister Mathers, got everything?" asked the pilot, shaking my hand. I nodded and took my seat, putting on the headset. With that, he kicked it into ignition and started me on my way to Iraq.

Edited by Zanryu

Dude, this is awesome. I thought I was the only one who knows what a M960A is on these forums (fully automatic machine of death.) Also, nice mentioning the martial arts skills the guy possessed( you didn't happen to read the sports poll on the General forums, didn't you?) Anyway, I'm really looking forward for more (even if I'm the only person who understands perfectly without having to search the web.

Wow, it got good reception? O_O I guess I SHOULD continue it. XD Oh and no, I didn't read the sports poll. Not a sports fan, really. =/

EDIT: Oh yeah, the mention of the 'black belt' wasn't a reference to his martial art skills, that was just because he has a black belt to match the black body armour. XD He is pretty bad ass though. I plan on having him take out five soldiers with his only his arms, legs and a knife. >=)

Edited by Zanryu

Well, I wrote some more. I couldn't wait to get that fight out of my system, so I put it in here. xP Cliffhanger'd this chapter though. =O

------------------

It had been a while since we left headquarters, and I was anticipating the first bit of this mission. It'd be hard to get inside, but it'd be fun, that much was for sure. I had already transfered onto a private jet to get me closer, and I'd be landing near by in about an hour. That was when I would get a ride part way there, and walk the rest of the way on foot. I'd have to take out any patrolling officers, and then when I'm in range, I'll have to take out any guards stationed outside the base. Then I get in, I go under ground, and I drop every last one of the bastards, no mercy.

The hour went quickly, and I was landing now. As I stepped out of the jet, the heat hit me, as did the smell of war. I could tell there was battle around very easily, and it didn't phase me. Did that make me... a bad person? Whatever, I've got a job to do, no time to ponder on that subject. I met my driver, and filled him in on my plans. He had anticipated this plan, and already knew where he'd be dropping me off. So, we got in and drove off.

"So, how long you been working for the Organization?" I asked, holding onto the bar at the top of the Jeep. I looked over at the driver, sniffing a bit. I could definitely smell death... it was such an old thing to me, yet the smell always felt new to me... I enjoyed it. I cleared my throat, and looked back outside the window. The driver had gone from chatty as all hell to silent as a garden gnome. This was going to be a long trip... or so I thought. That was before we were about to ride over a land mine, and before the driver got shot in the face through the windshield.

I panicked and grabbed the wheel, swinging a hard left, straight off of the bridge, straight down the ravine. If I didn't get out, I'd be dead soon enough, and that would mean mission failed. I kicked open the door and jumped, not looking where I was going. It was risky, but it was that or have a one hundred percent chance of dying. This way I dropped it two or three percent, which is always nice. Next thing I knew, my knee hit the side of the ravine, and my entire body soon following. As I smashed against the rock wall, I scrambled to find anything to hold on to, which wasn't anything short of torture.

Eventually I found something to hold, and pulled myself to safety for now. How long had we been driving? How much farther could we have been before we were attacked? How did they even know we were coming, anyway? We were even using an Iraqi military Jeep... I was beginning to wonder if we had a snitch in the Big O. I took my mind off of that and focused more on beginning my... I don't even know how long that climb was, but it took a long fucking time to climb it.

When I reached the top of the ravine, I looked around carefully, not peaking any higher than my eyes. My dark hair blended well with the shadowed wall of the ravine behind me, so I'd be hard to spot. I didn't see anything abnormal, and pulled myself quickly up, and stayed low, keeping my prone position for a few moments. Then something prompted me to stand up and run like fuck. It might have been the bullet landing an inch away from my shoulder, or it could have been something else, but I wasn't going to sit aroudn and see if there could have been any other possible object telling me to run. I glanced down at the bullet and took note of the way it entered the ground, and got up to run.

Just run, just run...

I kept telling myself I'd be fine, and I wasn't totally sure, the sniper's aim was getting better with every shot he took, getting closer and closer to actually taking me out. His last shit grazed my arm and gave me a nice cut to remember him by. Luckily, he wasn't changing his position as he fired, so if I could find cover, he'd be easy picking. I looked ahead and found exactly what I was hoping to find; cover. It was an old tank, partially exploded, the barrel destroyed. I dove behind it and pulled my Springfield from my back. I crawled under the tank, making sure to leave enough room to get out, and got set. I stuck the barrel of my rifle out the largest gap, and made sure there was another gap for me to use my scope with, which was rather hard to find.

After a few seconds I found a spot, and I did just that. I looked through my scope and adjusted the range, putting it at about 335 yards. I thought about the angle of the gun shots, and looked at the path. He'd have to be to my right a bit, so I searched. Nothing stuck out except the few trees in the distance. Green, brown, more green, more brown... it was getting annoying, and the sniper had stopped firing for a while. While I searched, a gunshot hit off the tank just above my head, making me jump. I smacked my head pretty hard, but I kept cool, swearing under my breath. I searched around, and saw the movement. I adjusted the scope to 378.5 yards, and followed the sniper. He stopped and knelt, trying to get a shot. I lined up my cross hair on his scope, and fired.

All that was heard was a small, quiet crack. I adjusted my aim after the recoil, and made sure my target was down. There was no mistaking it, he was down for good. A clean shot, straight through the scope, right into his eye, puncturing his brain in an instant. I crawled backwards, resetting the scope to 100 yards, and got out from behind the tank, replacing my rifle on my back.

"Well... so much for riding most of the way... where the fuck do I go now?" I asked myself, looking around. I found a large field off to my left,and I started on my way towards it, pulling my combat knife from my thigh and holding it in a slicing grip. I kept low and tried to move slowly so as not to make noise in the grass or shake it too much, but I could only do so much. I thought I heard someone talking up ahead, but I couldn't be absoultely sure... so I kept going. As I moved closer and closer, the noises got louder and louder. I could tell that it was the murmur of Iraqi soldiers on patrol, but there weren't many voices. My heart skipped a beat as I heard the rustle of grass ahead of me. I did what any sane person would do and I moved out of the way, and held my breath, spinning my knife in my hand twice. I saw the grass just ahead of me moving, and I heard the voices as if they were right beside me, and I knew I had to move fast.

Moving without hesitation, I spun my knife around and got behind the last soldier in their patrolling line, slicing his throat. He let out a gag of sorts as I cut him down, as if he was attempting to alert the others. Two of the four remaining turned, and I spun my knife into a stabbing grip, punching one man hard in the face. The other hoisted his gun to me and was about to fire, but I got at him first. Pushing his arm to his side, I stabbed him on the inside of his elbow, reeling back and smacking him in the face with the back of my fist. He let out a cry of pain, alerting the last two soldiers who turned and attempted to get an aim without taking out their own soldiers.

Grabbing the first soldier I hit by the arm, I spun him around and snapped his arm in the process and kicked him in the back of the knee, knocking him to the ground. As the soldiers had their opening, I spun to the left, shoving the first disarmed soldier into one of the armed ones, knocking him back, and causing the other to lose his shot. With a large step forward I hit the soldier adjusting his aim with my palm in the nose, breaking it on contact. I spun fast, kicking hard at his ankles, knocking him onto his back side. Looking at the soldier who was getting back up with a weapon, I ducked low and pulled my knife from the other soldier's elbow, launching it with a clean stroke into the cheek of the still armed soldier. He fell to the ground, screaming in pain, giving me time for the soldier with a broken nose. Turning him over on the ground and pulling him to his feet, he kicked back at me, putting my footing off, knocking my right foot way behind me.

Shit, didn't expect that.

Using him as a support I kept myself up, somewhat kneeling and somewhat standing. He spun around, elbowing me in the head, just barely missing my temple. Grabbing his arm, I planted it behind his back and shoved two fingers into a pressure point next on his shoulder. Kicking him in the knee hard, he buckled and fell, not even trying to get up. I checked the four men still alive and made sure they wouldn't be doing much any time soon, and pulled my knife from the face of one of the soldiers, replacing it on the outside of my thigh. Leaving them alive, but unable to battle, I fled quickly, keeping low and trying to stay quiet. When I left the field of tall grass, I found an abandoned building near by to use as a camp for the time being.

Entering the building I kept ready to strike the first thing that moved with my bare hands, but nothing was inside. No furniture, no weapons, no people. I climbed up to the second floor using what was left of the stairs that had been taken apart by Iraqi soldiers, and looked outside. I could see a bunch of grass pressed down in the field and could make out the squirming bodies of the soldiers, who were now slowly losing their consciousness. Smirking, I sat down against the wall for a quick nap. And by quick, I meant quick, because when I woke up, it hadn't been more than an hour, and there were Iraqi soldiers on the first floor, trying to get up at me. Some how, they saw me get in.

Wow, this is really good. The part about shooting the sniper through his own scope is highly unrealistic, especially from 378.5 yards away. It's just a small tidbit. Most people reading this (unless they've watched Mythbusters) probably wouldn't know what's possible and what's not, although I'm not sure if you're going for a more realistic or fantasy type of story. Anyways awesome writing so far. (maybe I should post something)

It's not supposed to be all too realistic. It's got realism, but then there's also the fantasy like parts to it, like the Bourne books and movies. Dom's like Bourne (I'd call him his real name but that'd spoil it for anyone who wants to read or watch the movies but hasn't yet. D:), but not as epic. Except his sniping. Dom's a fucking win sniper.

But yeah, the scope has a massive zoom, so he'd be able to see really far. If he kept zooming in he'd only see the scope, but he had no time to spare at that point, so he took a chance and fucked up the other sniper.

So yeah, it sorta goes half way between realistic and fantasy. Because I'm cool like that. But just wait, this goes from infiltration to something completely unexpected, when the story takes an even bigger turn to fantasy-land.

Don't spoil it for me, but you're going in the right direction. I enjoy reading this because it's something new and fresh from reading all of these fantasy novels on the forums( don't get me wrong, they're really good; it's just that if you eat the same flavor ice cream every day, it loses its significance, if you know what I mean.)

Some how, I do know what you mean. I just don't work like that. XD Like, movies. I can watch the same movies over and over and they never get old. Like the Bourne movies (yes, I adore them. stfu. ;-; ), I can recite more than half of each movie, yet I can't stop watching them. D:

Edited by Zanryu

• 2 weeks later...

Okay well, this one sucks. This one sucks ass. I'm getting back into it though, so I may be able to write something better next time. If not, I'm dropping this too. D:

--------

With as little time as I had, I had no room for error. It was do or die now, and the way things were looking, I was leaning more towards die than anything else. I looked around the room quickly, rubbing the sleep from my eyes, and my ears focused on the sound of soldier scramble fading. I looked back at the stairs, and the first thing that I noticed was a grenade. It wasn’t a frag or anything, but a flashbang.

I looked towards the wall and jumped, soaring through the window. I felt like I was falling in slow motion, unsure of where I was about to land. I heard the capsule of the flashbang grenade exploding soon after I left the structure, and then focused on the ground below me. I tucked my head and brought my left arm above me, pulling my pistol from its holster. Ready for the landing, I gulped, readying myself for the pain I’d feel in my arm. As I felt it, I winced and rolled out of my landing, getting to my feet instantly.

“Agh, fuck!” I shouted, not caring if the soldiers heard me or not. I turned my head towards the structure, my left arm hanging limp at my side. I’m pretty sure I messed something up in it, but I had to use it soon enough, especially because what I saw when I turned was a soldier hoisting his gun to aim at me through a conveniently placed window.

Diving to the side, I scrambled to get out of the line of fire, barely managing to pull myself behind some wreckage near by. Cocking the pistol, I took a deep breath. A single deep breath was all I needed, and all I would be using to my advantage. I didn’t have God on my side, I had no thoughts of family. Just that single deep breath, which lead me to the gunfire.

Shouting something I couldn’t understand in the slightest, the Iraqi soldiers took their posts, some on the top floor of the building, some on the bottom floor, some flooding outside to meet me before I got anywhere. The first soldier caught me by surprise, firing a quick burst of bullets at me, grazing my arm with one shot and connecting with my bicep with another. Wincing, I hoisted my pistol and fired two shots, at the man, barely missing his throat. Diving back behind cover, I knelt low and thought.

Looking around the ground for something to help with my idea, I found exactly what I had planned to find. It wasn’t much, but it was enough. A small piece of a mirror was conveniently resting by my foot, which I gladly pulled into my own hand and used it to search the house from my position. On the top floor I found two soldiers, three on the bottom, and seven outside. I could easily take this group if I played my cards right, so I decided that’s what I would do. But first, I had to do something about the bullet in my arm.

Reaching behind my back and searching the pouch I placed on the backside of my belt, I pulled a pair of tweezers from it. Placing my pistol in it’s holster, I bit into my shirt collar, shutting my eyes tight. Counting from three, I got ready to dig that sucker out, but I cut the crap and went on two. Letting out a sort of yelp, I dug the tweezers into my wound, finding the edges of the bullet, and pulled it out slowly. As the bullet came out of my arm, I dropped it to the ground and placed the tweezers away, pulling my knife from my thigh, cutting off a large strip of my shirt.

“Geez, it hasn’t been that long and I’m already getting close to being naked. Fuck, I think this is a record!” I joked, trying to lighten the mood as I tightened the strip of fabric around my wound. Then I heard the words I had been hoping to hear for a few moments now.

“Drop your weapons and come out with your hands up!” came the voice of a soldier, the accent thicker than the fog that settles in the bay back home every night.

Putting my hands up above the wreckage slowly, I stood up, turning to face the soldiers, who had all begun to exit the building. They stood in formation as I stood with my hands in the air, hoping they wouldn’t fire. They were a lot better about this than I expected from them… it was too bad I’d be taking them down in a few minutes.

One man stepped out of the line, his weapon raised and readied, making sure I didn’t try anything. I smirked, and he followed suit, walking up to me cockily. He came closer, now almost nose to nose with me, the smell of cigars incredibly strong on his breath. I chuckled, and he backed away a step or two, giving me enough room to spit on his uniform. Little did I know, that was a bad move, as the next thing I knew, I was hunched over from receiving a knee to my stomach. I brought my hands down to grasp my stomach, faking immense pain, and waited for the next move.

“Stand up, American,” said the soldier, his laughter pouring out with his speech. “Stand up and look me in the eye before I carve your skin from your bones.”

I didn’t comply, and the next thing that I saw was a knee, zooming straight for my face. In a quick motion, I shot my left forearm into the way of the blow, wincing as the knee hit, and stood up, grabbing the man by the throat with my right hand. Pushing him back, he toppled over, nearly into the lines of the enemy, and I got closer to him, hearing guns cocking as I did so.

“Sorry buddy, you’d be carving the skin from my muscle, then the muscle from my bones.” I said, pushing back hard, toppling over backwards myself, but clearing away from the gunshots of the Iraqi soldiers. Awesome, I only knocked the guy over and the Iraqis killed their own man! That was a story to tell to your children, that’s for sure. Now if only I had children to tell it to…

Pushing myself to my feet quickly, the soldiers began to form a circle around me, having enough respect not to fire on an unarmed enemy. Respectful, but stupid on their part. The first soldier came at me from behind, launching a fast towards the back of my head. Turning fast, I saw the fist first, receiving the blow to my cheek, my head snapping to the side. Standing perfectly upright, I simply looked back at him, and then I got the party started.

Lunging forward, I pulled my knife from my thigh and pushed the man back at the same time, spinning my knife into a slicing grip, stabbing the man in the stomach, pushing against the wound with tremendous force. Spinning quickly, withdrawing my weapon, I launched it blindly, hearing the crunch of metal on bone. Looking at where I presumed I had thrown the knife, I saw a man fall to the floor, my knife conveniently jabbed into his knee cap. Ducking for reassurance, I faced the man to my left, who aimed down at me quickly. I kicked at his heel, knocking him forward, and grabbed onto his weapon as he fell towards me.

“Have a good trip!” I said, pulling the man down even faster, rolling backwards. The next thing he knew, I was on top of his abdomen, holding his weapon in my hands, smashing his temple with the butt of the gun. Standing quickly, I unleashed a flurry of bullets at the circle, clipping several soldiers and hitting them square on as well, and several fell to the ground. When I dropped the gun, two remained on their feet, prepared to fire at me. This was where I was going to bring in the street brawls from my childhood, I decided, and I stepped forward, cracking my knuckles. One man attempted to stutter something in English, but failed. So instead of letting them talk, I spoke for them.

“Weapons down, let’s fight fair. You first, ladies.” I said, winking at the man on my left. One definitely knew English, as he dropped his weapon right quick. That or he shit his pants and felt it fit to drop his weapon as well, but I wouldn’t go so far as to say that. The man on my right followed his ally’s example and took the first strike, tossing a hard right jab towards my throat. Grabbing his fist, I pushed his elbow out, pulling him closer to me as I did. The more his elbow bent, the closer he got. And the closer he got, the closer my knee got to his stomach. In an instant, he was hunched over a bit, his fellow soldier stepping in to throw a kick at my side. Blocking it with the bottom of my fist and an open palm, I swung my fist up hard, knocking him over backwards with a blow to his chin. As he began to get up, I had already moved back to his ally.

Stepping around his ally, I wrapped the man’s arm around my neck and jumped back, making sure to make the man land on the downed soldier. With a successfully cracked back and now unconscious soldier duo, I got up and surveyed the damage. If I was going to be safe, I’d have to make sure I get to the operations base without stopping. So, I started my walk, making sure to keep to the grassy parts, and listening carefully for any sound that could hint at Iraqi soldiers. Over the next few hours, I started to get hungry, and I knew that when I came across the damn campsite of Iraqi soldiers that I’d find food. But I also knew that I’d have to wait until night fall to move in. So I stuck to the most secluded, shadowed areas, and waited until night fall. Then, I made my move.