Fire Emblem Awakening: 3DS Bundle Thread

Diortem

And an additional 2gigs of memory, which is actually pretty vital if you're an EShop freak like I am.

...Those 2 GB are worth... next to nothing. Just buy a class 10, SDHC, 32 GB SD card on Amazon for, like, 20 dollars...

But yeah, there's that. It's not worth much, but it's there...

Edited by fireemblemfan4ever

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And then, after opening the box and wallowing in glory for a day or two, you'll realize that it's just another 3DS... just in a different color (and with a cool design). Regret starts then. :P

I'd rather experience that regret (of spending $200 on a case-change) than not get the 3DS... Too bad I can't get it. :(

Yeah, pretty much. Regret until it comes, then a short time of unparalleled happiness followed by more regret.

...Those 2 GB are worth... next to nothing. Just buy a class 10, SDHC, 32 GB SD card on Amazon for, like, 20 dollars...

But yeah, there's that. It's not worth much, but it's there...

I already have a 16 GB SDHC waiting for it. I have a 32 GB SDHC too, but it doesn't work with the SD card slot on my computer (it's old), so I'll probably use the 16 GB or I'll have to buy an SD card reader.

Do those even work on the 3DS? I thought it used some sort of stupid cap system like the Wii did.

Do those even work on the 3DS? I thought it used some sort of stupid cap system like the Wii did.

Yeah... I thought 64 GB and up didn't work? Or do they? (I heard that some specially formatted 64 or 128 GB SDXC SD card worked or something like that... Not sure, though.)

Up to 32 GB works... I think. (I haven't tested it yet... mostly because I haven't found a reason to buy a 32 GB SD card...)

"The Nintendo 3DS system has SDHC card compatibility to increase your storage space even further."

Source

That doesn't mean all sizes of SDHC work though, so I guess we still don't really know.

Edited by Dan

I just got an idea!

1. Buy FE: Awakening Bundle.

2. Separately buy physical copy of FE: Awakening.

3. Your friend just bought a new 3DS. (if not, convince them to)

4. System transfer.

5. Your friend now has a virtual copy of the game (you may or may not charge them for this) and you have a physical version AND a cool 3DS!

Problem Solved!

1. I'll buy the bundle.

2. My friend'll buy the physical copy.

3. My friend has 3DS(US), 3DS(JP) and 3DS XL (US) - yes, he has 3!

4. What is system transfer? If it's not new 3DS it won't work?

How can I convince my friend to partial sell the physical copy to me? lol

I'm not sure if he want to collect it. He may, because then he can just buy the game in eShop, am I right? (or maybe he just want the limited artbook. But if he want the artbook, then there's high chance he want to collect the physical copy too. lol)

BestBuy and FutureShop are saying the bundle isn't available for preorder anymore. still can get the cartridge however

Now those of us that did pre-order have to hope that they dust oversell... Bestbuy in particular is notorious for this, letting orders linger for a month before thy are eventually cancelled. I made sure to grab t on the first day so there had best not be any problems or I'll... Write them a stern letter of disapproval.

Ok, does anyone here that has pre ordered the bundle know the exact price with tax from gamestop? I just came back from shelling out lots of money for tuition and stuff and I think I have enough for the estimated price left, but I'm facing a moral quandary in which I either save every cent for the bundle or help someone I owe a lot to out of a jam with any money I have. I hope to god I'll get refunded just before or maybe around the 4th, but is it worth it to preorder now when I don't have the money or is the bundle gonna be gone from gamestop soon if I don't? And is it better to preorder directly at the store or online? I'd rather pick it up on the day than wait for them to ship it....argh I'm so stuck.....unsure.gif

Either you pre-ordered it sometime before yesterday or you just missed out on stuff. Gamestop stopped pre-orders just yesterday so I hope it's the former and not the latter.

Taxes also depends on your state and I'm not a pro on taxes in the states but just go $199*[your state's/province's tax(es)] + $199 and viola.

Though I'm glad I'm not living elsewhere in Canada. No PST. Good to be an Albertan lol

Ok, does anyone here that has pre ordered the bundle know the exact price with tax from gamestop? I just came back from shelling out lots of money for tuition and stuff and I think I have enough for the estimated price left, but I'm facing a moral quandary in which I either save every cent for the bundle or help someone I owe a lot to out of a jam with any money I have. I hope to god I'll get refunded just before or maybe around the 4th, but is it worth it to preorder now when I don't have the money or is the bundle gonna be gone from gamestop soon if I don't? And is it better to preorder directly at the store or online? I'd rather pick it up on the day than wait for them to ship it....argh I'm so stuck.....unsure.gif

The store is better. Their shipping charges are...rather high. (Unless you want to wait forever and a day for it to arrive at your house)

In which state are you located? XD If you live where I am, Los Angeles, CA, then you're gonna have to pay approx. $220 Facepalm_emote_gif.gif

Yeah, I agree that store is better. I think it's $7-8 to ship it out. Much cheaper to just pick it up.

Edited by Lauren

Taxes also depends on your state and I'm not a pro on taxes in the states but just go $199*[your state's/province's tax(es)] + $199 and viola.

Pfah, you're overthinking it. This is what ROUNDING's for.

Two times your state tax %. That's the amount over $200 you'll be paying.

So I talked to my nearest store about buying this. They suggested that I buy it normally, then transfer the data from my old, damaged 3DS to the new one, then bring the old 3DS back with the receipt to trade it in for the increased amount of money back as if I had traded it in at the purchase.

Problem: if I'm understanding the transfer right, wouldn't it wipe the new 3DS, losing the downloaded FE13? I don't know much about the transfer, but I don't see a way around this. Anyone have any ideas that might work?

So I talked to my nearest store about buying this. They suggested that I buy it normally, then transfer the data from my old, damaged 3DS to the new one, then bring the old 3DS back with the receipt to trade it in for the increased amount of money back as if I had traded it in at the purchase.

Problem: if I'm understanding the transfer right, wouldn't it wipe the new 3DS, losing the downloaded FE13? I don't know much about the transfer, but I don't see a way around this. Anyone have any ideas that might work?

The system data get combined. So, both the data from the old 3DS and the data from the new FE13 3DS will all be there.

Edit: And in the case that something happens, you could always redownload the game from the eShop.

Edit 2: More info.

The system data get combined. So, both the data from the old 3DS and the data from the new FE13 3DS will all be there.

Edit: And in the case that something happens, you could always redownload the game from the eShop.

Everything appears to indicate a complete wipe, and I don't see any indication that the eShop account would survive.

Everything appears to indicate a complete wipe, and I don't see any indication that the eShop account would survive.

I asked the same question on a different thread. I'm just saying what I remember... You could read through it yourself to make sure.

Edit: Read Wheels' post. It's particularly helpful.

I asked the same question on a different thread. I'm just saying what I remember... You could read through it yourself to make sure.

Edit: Read Wheels' post. It's particularly helpful.

Looks like you're right!

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/3ds/en_na/gi_index.jsp?menu=transfer&submenu=ctr-gi-apps-transfer-what-data

Had to do some poking around to get an official source rather than the conflicting views people have but according to this, yes, the game sticks around.

My total was about $215 with cheapest shipping. $11 tax.

Sooo cheap D:' . I have to go out of my way to 1) go to the store to preorder thing and 2) pick it up whenever I get the chance, and I still pay more than that. Why is your shipping so cheap? Mine was $7-8 :'(

edit: Wait a sec, now I see the value shipping. Is that new? I think a week ago, only $7 shipping was available (or maybe I'm just a crazy fool blink.gif).

Edited by Lauren

Sooo cheap D:' . I have to go out of my way to 1) go to the store to preorder thing and 2) pick it up whenever I get the chance, and I still pay more than that. Why is your shipping so cheap? Mine was $7-8 :'(

edit: Wait a sec, now I see the value shipping. Is that new? I think a week ago, only $7 shipping was available (or maybe I'm just a crazy fool blink.gif).

I didn't see any value shipping when I pre-ordered mine. It's probably new (or I'm just a crazy fool too).