A method of having infinite save files without a save dongle?

Let's say I download the game from the Nintendo eShop.

I back up the new download on the computer. (Since I don't know which program is which, I just back up the whole file Nintendo 3DS.)

I put that back-up on a second, third, fourth, etc. SD card.

I play the files on the first SD card... second... third... fourth... etc.

I'm guessing this would work since the game wouldn't have really started on the back-ups... (And it seems to have worked for New Super Mario Bros. 2... which I downloaded from the eShop recently.)

Of course, it'd be better to play a bit, get all the DLC you want, then do this... if it works.

There'd be other losses, too, probably... can't think of any now, though...

So, would it?

Edited by fireemblemfan4ever

This method should work. Since it's just multiple copies the same file (that is linked to the same 3DS unit), the 3DS will read them all without problem. If you can figure out which file corresponds to which game's data (it will take a bit of detective work since games are represented by strings of numbers in the filesystem), you can backup and restore save files in this fashion.

I can't guarantee this will work for this game, but it did for my Ambassador Program VC games.

You can't exchange save files with other players, though. I wish you can, since this was the reason I started this in the first place. I tried it because I didn't want to bother playing FE8 again.

Yes it would work. But man, having to back up your entire SD card every time. Geez. XD

Yeah, you'll just have to figure out which save files are which through some detective work.

I have 150 different copies of my FE13 saves in my dropbox... but that's because I have duties for Vincent and I backup LP save files... but I think this method should suffice for you. XD

Edited by shadowofchaos

@nocturnal YL

...sounds like pretty tedious work. But, eh, it'll do.

I guess this is an up-side of the download. Getting as many saves as you want! :)

Tedious, time-consuming, and boring work... organizing files like that.

@shadowofchaosWell, I shouldn't have to do it often, so I'll be fine.

With a bit of searching and renaming, I should be able to distinguish which save files are which, so that's not a problem either.

And it works, huh? That's great. It'll be a bit tedious, but, eh, I think infinite saves is worth it. XD

(Geez, 150 saves? That's crazy. Really, really crazy. You must spend a lot of time on that game...o_O)

Anyway, thanks guys.

I'm glad it works.

I think I'll do just that...