Parenting problems

Quick

Vantage doesn't heal. And Azure will have 47+10+8+10 (cap, Limit Breaker, double bonus with Sniper or Assassin with A support, Royal Weapon) = 75% chance of Sol if he maxed Skill.

Don't forget doping with potions and the Cry skills. With those, he can have an 89% chance of triggering Sol.

I guess I'll come up with a build now.

Sorcerer Lucina!Morgan

HP 80

STR 29 +10 +3

MAG 51 +10 +9

SKL 41 +10 +7

SPD 44 +10 +3

LCK 49 +10 +3

DEF 35 +10 +3

RES 47 +10 +7

Wields Forged Il and Forged Inverse's Darkness.

Skills: Limit Breaker, Royal Weapon, Astra, Lightning Speed, Weapon Saver

Pair her with an S supported Sage armed with for bonus Magic, Skill and Resistance. Where we're going, we don't need Defence.

So this would give her a base MT, when armed with the forged Inverse's Darkness, of around 91, depending on how much you want to put into Accuracy rather than Mt. Throw in the doping buffs and the Cry skills, and you've got an Mt of 105 or so. And her activation rate for Astra would be 46% percent with those buffs. Give the Sage a Tome of something suitably bonecrushing, and watch no enemy without Evil Dragon Scale survive the first salvo, or deal any significant damage to her in return.

Any thoughts?

Don't forget doping with potions and the Cry skills. With those, he can have an 89% chance of triggering Sol.

Sorcerer Lucina!Morgan

HP 80

STR 29 +10 +3

MAG 51 +10 +9

SKL 41 +10 +7

SPD 44 +10 +3

LCK 49 +10 +3

DEF 35 +10 +3

RES 47 +10 +7

Pair her with an S supported Sage armed with for bonus Magic, Skill and Resistance. Where we're going, we don't need Defence.

So this would give her a base MT, when armed with the forged Inverse's Darkness, of around 91, depending on how much you want to put into Accuracy rather than Mt. Throw in the doping buffs and the Cry skills, and you've got an Mt of 105 or so. And her activation rate for Astra would be 46% percent with those buffs. Give the Sage a Tome of something suitably bonecrushing, and watch no enemy without Evil Dragon Scale survive the first salvo, or deal any significant damage to her in return.

Any thoughts?

My thoughts:

That Morgan looks invincible.

Sorcerer Lucina!Morgan

Small Issue: Morgan seems to be hard-coded to only inherit Aether if her Mother is Lucina...

Edited by AstraSage

Small Issue: Morgan seems to be hard-coded to only inherit Aether if her Mother is Lucina...

I'm pretty sure that isn't the case. Where did you hear that?

EDIT: Ok, the Serene's Forest information actually has that info. That's fine then. Just swap out Royal Weapon for Aether. The probability of one of two 36% rolls activating is better than one 46% roll anyhow.

Edited by Onestep

Sorcerer Lucina!Morgan

HP 80

STR 29 +10 +3

MAG 51 +10 +9

SKL 41 +10 +7

SPD 44 +10 +3

LCK 49 +10 +3

DEF 35 +10 +3

RES 47 +10 +7

Any thoughts?

Late reply, but that Morgan seems fine. Since as mentioned above she inherits Aether instead, and I don't tend to like relying on low percentages. Otherwise it's good, better than most. I think that I'm going to stick with MUxSariya or somebody else because two insane units with Royal Weapon is enough for me. This would work great for other people though. (As a matter of fact I'm implying this wasn't directly towards me)

Edited by Quick

Late reply, but that Morgan seems fine. Since as mentioned above she inherits Aether instead, and I don't tend to like relying on low percentages. Otherwise it's good, better than most. I think that I'm going to stick with MUxSariya or somebody else because two insane units with Royal Weapon is enough for me. This would work great for other people though. (As a matter of fact I'm implying this wasn't directly towards me)

Well, she wouldn't really be depending on it per say, given that she hits like a steam train even without it (The Strongest Name Bosses would get hit for at least 25 damage a pop, despite having Evil Dragon Scale), but I get your point.

I probably won't actually marry Lucina first time round though, truth be told. I'll likely be going with Sariya or Nono instead. This was just a test build.

Well, she wouldn't really be depending on it per say, given that she hits like a steam train even without it (The Strongest Name Bosses would get hit for at least 25 damage a pop, despite having Evil Dragon Scale), but I get your point.

I probably won't actually marry Lucina first time round though, truth be told. I'll likely be going with Sariya or Nono instead. This was just a test build.

That seems handy, but personally Dark Blessing is a better skill to have for Morgan if we're talking about an only child, but I digress. It seems interesting and it might catch my eye later.

I care more about Jerome ATM lol.

Edited by Quick

In that case, let me elaborate the build I've mentioned before:

Ride Fast! Lon'qu-fathered Jerome.

Reclass Path: Dragon Knight --Starting Lv.10--> Thief--Lv. 10--> Assassin --Lv. 15--> Griffon Knight.

Skills: Ride Fast, Movement+1, Pass, Carrier, either Lance Slayer OR Inherited Skill (Candidates: Cherche's Sword Slayer; Lon'qu's Avoid+10 or Vantage)

Best Paired in a A/S-Support with: a Trickster(Min: Mag+4, Skl+3, Spd+5, Mov+1), a Bow Knight(Min: Skl+5, Spd+5, Mov+1) or a Great Knight(Min: Str+5, Def+5, Mov+1).

Recommended High-end Equipment: Brave Axe and/or Swanchika.

Cap:

HP: 80

STR: 44 (49+ w/Gr.Knight bonus)

MAG: 31 (35+ w/Trickster bonus)

SKL: 46 (49+ w/Trickster bonus; 51+ w/B.Knight)

SPD: 44 (49+ w/Trickster or B.Knight Bonus)

LCK: 46

DEF: 41 (46+ w/Gr.Knight bonus; 46 w/Swanchika; 51+ w/ Both bonuses)

RES: 27

MOV: 8 (12 with Move+1, Carrier AND Pairing Bonus)

Good for bypassing enemies and going straight for whoever key-target that needs to die in "Defeat Boss" maps. Ride Fast bonus is good because it's likely he's gonna leave his allies behind (And Loner Skills like Refresh & Ride Fast remain active when the unit is paired). And out of the pairing candidates, it's a question between Power & Sturdiness vs. Dexterity & Agility.

Edited by AstraSage

Reclass Path: Dragon Knight --Starting Lv.10--> Thief--Lv. 10--> Assassin --Lv. 15--> Griffon Knight.

Skills: Ride Fast, Movement+1, Pass, Carrier, either Lance Slayer OR Inherited Skill (Candidates: Cherche's Sword Slayer; Lon'qu's Avoid+10 or Vantage)

Best Paired in a A/S-Support with: a Trickster(Min: Mag+4, Skl+3, Spd+5, Mov+1), a Bow Knight(Min: Skl+5, Spd+5, Mov+1) or a Great Knight(Min: Str+5, Def+5, Mov+1).

Cap:

Good for bypassing enemies and going straight for whoever key-target that needs to die in "Defeat Boss" maps. Ride Fast bonus is good because it's likely he's gonna leave his allies behind (And Loner Skills like Refresh & Ride Fast remain active when the unit is paired). And out of the pairing candidates, it's a question between Power & Sturdiness vs. Dexterity & Agility.

Just a heads up, but a unit will still give a stat dependant +1-3 to all stats in double, even if that stat isn't part of their Class bonus. I don't know if you took that into account with your calculations.

Cap:

It seems nice, especially since it's actually quite unique and it seems like it's goal is to "control the sky" (pun intended) and take out key threats. Just keep in mind this is more for postgame, since I don't think any of the children are going to be usable during Insane's ingame. Also, how much would it matter if I replaced Carrier with Iote's Shield? As you said, Jerome's going to be a loner, so it's important he doesn't get murdered by a shower of arrows. Also, why Griffon Knight? Just curious and not intending to be rude.

It seems nice, especially since it's actually quite unique and it seems like it's goal is to "control the sky" (pun intended) and take out key threats. Just keep in mind this is more for postgame, since I don't think any of the children are going to be usable during Insane's ingame. Also, how much would it matter if I replaced Carrier with Iote's Shield? As you said, Jerome's going to be a loner, so it's important he doesn't get murdered by a shower of arrows. Also, why Griffon Knight? Just curious and not intending to be rude.

True, the build won't be as easy to pull in Insane unless you're willing to do the Entombed DLC at least until you get...

Anyways, unequipping Carrier just means the Movement bonus gets reduced by 2 (3 if he doesn't go with a Move-boosting partner, which he should), but 12 Mov. is bigger than even the usual Bow/Tome-wielding Mounted Unit's Weapon Range (10 spaces square) so it's actually easy just to stay away from Snipers/Wind-Sages' Paths until going straight next to them, take them down and maybe have a friendly high-Magic Sage with a Rescue Staff (30+ Mag. = 15+ range; 50+ Mag. = 25+ range) if there's more close (Also, if I remember Othin's experience Red vs. Blue's Finale is not exactly a walk to the park in Insane so either you need to be patient or you might not have the luxury for Iote's). And when I said loner I actually meant Jerome and his partner because, and I repeat, the Loner Skills treat paired up units as joined by the hip (EDIT: which kinda sounds weird with supports, now that I think about it) so their effects remain.

As for why Griffon Knight, there's two reasons: one's me advocating for Exp-Efficient reclassing, making sure the units learn all the skills needed for their lategame build withouts spending unneeded time in classes that only contributing in rising their Internal Level counter that makes them into bigger Exp-Sponges than a Jagen. The other reason is that comparing to the other class options, being a Griffon Knight meets a compromise for a efficient use of the build: You can make him a Dragonmaster for the same boosted Movement, best Strength and high Defense but with a raw 41 Speed, which means he needs to be close to someone with Speed Cry if he's not glued to a Speed-Boosting partner; Likewise, you can make also him a Swordmaster or keep him as a Assassin for Best Speed and High (if not Amazing) Skill but he's gonna be fragile Defense-wise and with all the boosts he's gonna reach the Movement range of a Carrier-less Promoted Dragon Rider which kinda defeats the purpose. Him as a Griffon Knight, while not excelling in any stat, have high enough stats overall he just a need the proper partner to boost him out of the "Jack of all Trades" status.

Edited by AstraSage

True, the build won't be as easy to pull in Insane unless you're willing to do the Entombed DLC at least until you get...

Anyways, unequipping Carrier just means the Movement bonus gets reduced by 2 (3 if he doesn't go with a Move-boosting partner, which he should), but 12 Mov. is bigger than even the usual Bow/Tome-wielding Mounted Unit's Weapon Range (10 spaces square) so it's actually easy just to stay away from Snipers/Wind-Sages' Paths until going straight next to them, take them down and maybe have a friendly high-Magic Sage with a Rescue Staff (30+ Mag. = 15+ range; 50+ Mag. = 25+ range) if there's more close (Also, if I remember Othin's experience Red vs. Blue's Finale is not exactly a walk to the park in Insane so either you need to be patient or you might not have the luxury for Iote's). And when I said loner I actually meant Jerome and his partner because, and I repeat, the Loner Skills treat paired up units as joined by the hip (EDIT: which kinda sounds weird with supports, now that I think about it) so their effects remain.

As for why Griffon Knight, there's two reasons: one's me advocating for Exp-Efficient reclassing, making sure the units learn all the skills needed for their lategame build withouts spending unneeded time in classes that only contributing in rising their Internal Level counter that makes them into bigger Exp-Sponges than a Jagen. The other reason is that comparing to the other class options, being a Griffon Knight meets a compromise for a efficient use of the build: You can make him a Dragonmaster for the same boosted Movement, best Strength and high Defense but with a raw 41 Speed, which means he needs to be close to someone with Speed Cry if he's not glued to a Speed-Boosting partner; Likewise, you can make also him a Swordmaster or keep him as a Assassin for Best Speed and High (if not Amazing) Skill but he's gonna be fragile Defense-wise and with all the boosts he's gonna reach the Movement range of a Carrier-less Promoted Dragon Rider which kinda defeats the purpose. Him as a Griffon Knight, while not excelling in any stat, have high enough stats overall he just a need the proper partner to boost him out of the "Jack of all Trades" status.

This is definitely well explained and will certainly make me try it. It MIGHT make me save 4 dollars too but Iote's Shield is a good skill to have so I might. I also might spend it on the EXP DLC or the Money DLC. It all depends on which one is more practical.

Renewal also helps a lot for this set, (You have to inherit it from Cherche) since healing is always fun. Especially for a unit with a design like this. Lance Slayer may not be that useful (Why only miss one type of weapon when you can heal from multiple attacks?) but then again I'm probably underestimating Insane mode and will probably get demolished and ridiculed for the rest of my life.

EDIT: Jerome can get Renewal via Battle Cleric. Inheriting Dual Support is a better idea since it's impossible to get otherwise. Lon'qu can give him Astra just cuz.

Edited by Quick