January 17th English Demo Gameplay

shadowofchaos

Even Marth? (I love this thing now!)

Thanks for the help earlier. I forgot preview post.

Yeah you got the spoiler thing down, but just for clarification:

[spoiler]*spoiler content*[/spoiler]

Also, try Libera for "anything that looks feminine". That support was amazing.

I like the dub. Especially

Marth's voice. He has that deeper tone compared to the Japanese so he's not that obvious about the identity crisis.

Might actually make me consider playing the game in English before Jap :O

I'm definitely playing it with the English voices first before I weeb out. The quality is very high compared to horrendous audio atrocities like Arc Rise Fantasia.

This is the precipice I stand upon as well. As much as I love Miyuki Sawashiro, Sugita, Hosoya, and Yu Kobayashi, Nintendo has done a fine, fine job on the dub and I am now not certain as to which I want to listen to first.

But I am also damn glad to be allowed to have this dilemma for once.

Well said.

Edited by shadowofchaos

These voice actors are a huge improvement from RD's (shudder). I like Virion's English voice way more now

Plus the writing actually made me laugh a few times, even though I've just seen the dialogue from the first two chapters. It's nice to see NOA putting a lot of effort into this FE

These voice actors are a huge improvement from RD's (shudder).

You are forbidden from using that game's voice acting as comparison which cause me to remember that horrendous ear shattering Mist voice.

Now FE9's? Ike's "FATHER! DON'T LEAAAVE MEEEEE!" was so bad, it was good. It's meme material. And Greil is just manly. So manly, "Ike! Stay Back!" won't stop ringing in my head.

You are forbidden from using that game's voice acting as comparison which cause me to remember that horrendous ear shattering Mist voice.

Now FE9's? Ike's "FATHER! DON'T LEAAAVE MEEEEE!" was so bad, it was good. It's meme material. And Greil is just manly. So manly, "Ike! Stay Back!" won't stop ringing in my head.

"Think you can defeat me, the man who taught you how to fight?"

Anyway, I usually try to remember Shinion's voice to forget about Mist's terrible voice

"Think you can defeat me, the man who taught you how to fight?"

Anyway, I usually try to remember Shinion's voice to forget about Mist's terrible voice

But that reminds you of Rolf's voice which reminds you of Mist's. Vicious cycle.

Yeah you got the spoiler thing down, but just for clarification:

[spoiler]*spoiler content*[/spoiler]

Also, try Libera for "anything that looks feminine". That support was amazing.

I'm definitely playing it with the English voices first before I weeb out. The quality is very high compared to horrendous audio atrocities like Arc Rise Fantasia.

Well said.

Hey, I liked arc rise fantasia. Very underrated.

...but yeah the voiceacting was pretty atrocious at most parts.

Was it Suikoden Tierkreis levelwhereeveryonespokebreathlesslylikethisreallyquicklyintheEnglishdubandthenlaughedawkwardlyhahahahaha?

Meanwhile, Japan got Maaya Sakamoto and proper voice acting for that game. Didn't care how rusty my Japanese was at that point, since it was better than dealingwiththisthewholegameomgwhy.

The quality is very high compared to horrendous audio atrocities like Arc Rise Fantasia.

To be honest, I was charmed by it after a few hours' worth of playtime.

However, I'll agree that the quality of the dub in this game's leaps and bounds better.

Was it Suikoden Tierkreis levelwhereeveryonespokebreathlesslylikethisreallyquicklyintheEnglishdubandthenlaughedawkwardlyhahahahaha?

Ah, Tierkrseis. Almost forgot about that voice acting. Wow.

But on this dub, I gotta agree that Virion is amazing. It's so wonderfully corny. And I love his lines if he's supporting as a double (something like "You're much safer with me" and "Who could beat us?"). And he has my favorite line so far -- "Goddesses and gentleman, might I have your attention?".

I'll get used to Chrom, but he sounds too deep to me right now. Lissa I love!

Thanks for uploading this video! I have to conserve my thirty demo playthroughs... Hehe.

Hey look, I got a crit.

I've also had crits from My Unit and Frederick.

I remember Chrom's, though, because I've (a) seen it twice and (b) always hear it as "URINE HAS COME" rather than "your end."

Edited by Iridium

(b) always hear it as "URINE HAS COME" rather than "your end."

WARNING: COMPLETELY HORRIBLE BLAZBLUE JOKE IMMINENT.

I am the white void. I am the cold liquid. I am the just urethra. With balls in sack I shall reap the contents of this bladder and cleanse it in the waters of the toilet bowl. I AM CHROM'S FALCHION. THE URINE HAS COME!

WARNING: COMPLETELY HORRIBLE BLAZBLUE JOKE IMMINENT.

I am the white void. I am the cold liquid. I am the just urethra. With balls in sack I shall reap the contents of this bladder and cleanse it in the waters of the toilet bowl. I AM CHROM'S FALCHION. THE URINE HAS COME!

Thank you so very much. I'm never going to be able listen to Hakumen's hammy speech without picturing what you just said ever again.

And for those of you having trouble with Lunatic difficulty...

To give you some ideas on what you need to pay attention to when the full game comes out, here's a run through the demo on that... URGH, difficulty.

lol Elwind Tome using the Fire tome animation. DEEEMOOOOOOS.

Edited by shadowofchaos

lol Elwind Tome using the Fire tome animation. DEEEMOOOOOOS.

Yeah I got so confused by that when Elwind happened and it was... fire... DEEEEMOOOOOS!!!!

The demo is proving to be a highly effective training ground for Lunatic Mode, though. Since I can't progress, I don't feel frustrated about not progressing; the only goal becomes to master Lunatic mode, haha.

My brother beat Lunatic while I'm still incapable of getting past the prologue, kinda made me mad. I got hard mode down with zero casualties, but Lunatic is a big difficulty jump.

I find the hardest thing with lunatic mode is to find the balance between Frederick owning everyone and trying to get MU and Krom get most of the kills. Got an alright strategy right now that has a high chance of working (read: no casualties) with both Krom and MU being atleast lvl. 3 by the end of the prologue and lvl.5 at the end of the demo.

Ofcourse, this is just the first two chapters of the game, it's probably going to get much harder...

Edited by Birdy

I got Frederick to do a 1% crit.

For some reason I can't seem to get Chrom to crit UNLESS it is a 1% chance. Chrom also doesn't seem to like dodging much unless the enemy has a 96% hit chance. And My Unit doesn't seem to like Doubling with Chrom......Ever.