Gold Vanguard

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best: Luck (Luck+5%, Str+5%, Mag+5%)

Worst: HP (Hp-5%, Def-5%, Res-5%)

Means my Growth Rates as Strategist will be: 65, 60, 55, 50, 50, 65, 35, 25

Yeah, that's what on my plans. May replace the luck for speed. That would be my female MU

My Male MU will be -Str + Def

Ironically, I find +Res -Lck as my Good Luck charm...

Also fancying the crazy idea of building a Battle Monk MU with Magnificent Flame and Healtouch, but that might require living for a while with a forged Bronze Axe and a weird reclassing path to avoid changing into a class twice [Tactitian -> (0+5) Priest -> (M) Sage ->(5+15) Grandmaster -> (20+17) Battle Monk]

Edited by AstraSage

+Magic

-Strength

I refuse to use swords with a male MU. I hate the way they hold it. I would rather one-handed or have them hold it the way myrmidons/swordmasters hold it. just personal preference

besides I like playing the mage anyway

I'm probably gonna reclass my MU to a mercenary (Favorite non lord class in the series) so I'll probably make my best stat strength, and my worst magic.

Beginning to think this myself, as least for my male (and first) MU.

If it's truly going to be My Unit, then he's gotta be able to take some hits and suck at magic (because bashing things is more fun).

I've changed my Best/Worst Stat preference from the last time I did this, from +Skill/-Def or Strength to +Speed/-HP or Strength.

Either way, I'm gonna be more of a magic user than a physical fighter.

+Magic and -Skill. Because I am planning on having wind magic be my preferred magic, those would work well for it. I was going to do -Luck, but it would lower my make my luck pretty bad, and I'm pretty afraid of low % crits.

Going for HP as my asset while Luck as my flaw. I was told this will result into the most versatile stats which I prefer.

If I pushed through with my plan to be a Swordmaster , probably +Spd / -Lk or +Skl / -Def

I've done a little calculation, thanks to the main site, and I've decided +Health -Luck is a pretty fun build.

If you decide to stay as a Grandmaster using this, you'll end up with 40 Strength, 40 Magic, 40 Skill, and 40 Speed as your caps (50 with Limit Breaker).

Your Defense and Resistance will also be tied at 42 (52 with Limit Breaker), which is also awesome.

The best part is, you pick -Luck, and Luck still ends up your highest stat at 44 (54 with Limit Breaker).

This was too awesome for me not to use.

1st:

?-MU +SPD/-SKL (Assassin)

HP|ST|MG|SK|SP|LK|DN|RE|

80/ 55/ 35/ 60/ 70/ 60/ 30/ 25/

2nd:

F-MU +RES/-SKL (Dark Pegasus)

HP|ST|MG|SK|SP|LK|DN|RE|

80/ 45/ 55/ 45/ 60/ 55/ 30/ 40/

3rd:

M-MU +SPD/LCK (Sniper)

HP|ST|MG|SK|SP|LK|DN|RE|

85/ 50/ 30/ 70/ 60/ 50/ 45/ 25/

Edited by M12A3L

Hm. Doing some playing around with caps and growth rates, i'm going to change mine to "depends on what class I end up choosing."

Grandmaster:

+Speed, - Strength

Growths: 80, 45, 50, 50, 60, 60, 35, 3o

Caps: 80, 37, 40, 41, 44, 47, 39, 40

Though I will be using mainly swords with this, I plan on going to Swordmaster first, getting the Sword Expert skill, then swapping back to Grandmaster. Going with magic or resistance lowers the speed stat, and I don't like that. Going with -Luck reduces strength and magic, as well as lowering my caps so that I have 39 in magic and strength. I have an OCD thing against the number nine (I always want it to go up one more) so I'd be bugged to death if I ever actually hit my cap in those stats.

Assassin:

+Speed, - Skill

Growths: 80, 55, 35, 60, 70, 60, 30, 25

Caps: 80, 39, 30, 47, 50, 47, 30, 30

Skill doesn't affect the speed, and before making it the worst stat it's 70, so that seems the best route to go. Strength sadly caps out at 39 but one stat is better than two, and I'd have to get lucky to reach that cap anyway, so...yeah.

My male unit, however, will more than likely be a swordmaster, though I haven't decided what his stat spread would be...