What are you doing to pass the time until Awakening's release?

Tarquin

Playing Awakening in Japanese, playing Unchained Blades for 3DS a little bit, visiting the forums here, counting down the days until the NA release.

Doesn't playing the game in Japanese take out most of the fun...?

After playing New Mystery of the Emblem, I didn't really care much for the English translation...

Being able to understand the story and support convos was really nice, I admit that. But... I wasn't enthusiastic about playing the English version... or anything like that.

(Maybe because I had to play it on the computer... I prefer holding the device I use to play my games on... which would work if I had a laptop... which I don't. I just played it on the "family" computer.)

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Studying for my externship class, visiting SF, and watching episodes of Naruto Shippuden. Getting ready to begin my extern hours this week, and prepare a report I have to write for my externship class. I have plenty to keep my mind off of Awakening's upcoming release.

Playing Persona 4 and P4A, watching friends playthrough SRW Z and Catherine. Playing lots of Dota 2 when I have time and my friends are around. Still need to get around to finishing Pokemon White 2. Also just ordered Gundam Extreme Vs for the PS3. Aaaand replaying Sacred Stones because its on my 3DS.

Doesn't playing the game in Japanese take out most of the fun...?

After playing New Mystery of the Emblem, I didn't really care much for the English translation...

Being able to understand the story and support convos was really nice, I admit that. But... I wasn't enthusiastic about playing the English version... or anything like that.

(Maybe because I had to play it on the computer... I prefer holding the device I use to play my games on... which would work if I had a laptop... which I don't. I just played it on the "family" computer.)

Only a little. I was planning on playing the game more than once anyway. I can understand like half of the story, but that's probably worse than understanding none of it (so it would all be new) or understanding all of it (because then I'd get the full story).

Its hard waiting, especially when its sooo close, but school starts next week for me, and I've got to find a job soon so that should help. I'm just mostly playing games from Christmas to keep myself occupied, but its starting to thin out: I can't play Tales of Vesperia anymore now that my sister went back to Philadelphia (we were in tarqaron too!), I've been playing Tales of Graces with my other sister but she's gotta study for SAT's and school now, Journey was fun and still is fun but I feel sad that I can't connect to the internet to journey with people, and I've hit a slump in FE6 (I keep dying in the Sword of Seals chapter trying to get the gaiden requirement).

Awakening just can't come soon enough! I need something to distract me before I try to come up with more ridiculously ruled FE10 playthroughs! blink.gif

Well, all the promo material since the release of the Tiamo artwork did nothing but convince me that this game is an insult and absolutely disgusting.

But unfortunately I'm still eagerly waiting for this game. A lot of things about it sound very bad in my head but since I can't tell with absolute certainty whether they really are, I desire clarification. ...and closure.

These days, work and school does do a good job of keeping my head of it. But even if not, there is no lack of games to keep me busy in the meantime. I'm currently playing Dragon Quest IX. And I intend to restart Chrono Trigger one of these days. I also have a Baldur's Gate 2 save that I put on ice for a long time. And I own but have not yet finished both Tales of Symphonia games. And if that somehow won't be enough, I can still try getting my hands on Super Mario Galaxy, Xenoblade, Sonic Colors or Pandora's Tower.

Edited by BrightBow

Fine tuning my planned skillsets for Awakening, contemplating on either restarting FE6 and logging it or continuing my current run, playing Shadow Dragon again, EV training a Skorupi, surfing and posting on SF, working, thinking about what I should buy with my first paycheck besides Awakening, wishing I had 3DS games, writing down my favorite FE characters, packing up my room so I can move it to my new room at a new house.

That's it.

Doing my hardest to avoid downloading the demo. Clearing out my backlog, mainly Shadow of the Colossus. Playing Dream of Five so I don't go insane, since there are about as many chapters in it as there are days left, and I have no other FE games I feel like playing. Just finished FE12. Can't take Paper Mario SS and Layton out of my backlog since those two have too much left in them, I can't finish by the 4th.

Edited by The Awesomest

Doing some very engaging(not really) studies for my finals and midterms, feeling my English teacher suck the soul out my body with all the stuff he's making us do before the finals, giving myself a bad habit of replaying the fire emblem awakening demo without shutting off my 3ds or the software. Engaging in a competition with my best friend who got her Pokemon white 2 yesterday to see who can nuzlocke it better. Forever grinding in training for fire emblem awakening... Kidding about that.

I'm super excited for this game, in fact ill probably get it the second I can download it. However I've forced myself to avoid looking at the characters, setting, story or mechanics; so the wait isn't as bad. Plus I get dat blind play through experience which is awesome.

As for passing the time I did start a FE7 run where everyone promotes at 10 and deaths are permanent. That has been ...interesting so far.

Also Guild Wars 2. I got a good xbox 360 controller layout working, so I can be extra lazy.