GameStop has closed preOrdering

Elieson

I'll be disappointed, if that's the case. I hope I can at least buy it the day it comes out. I mean, yeah, missing out on the artbook kinda sucks, but I want this game.

I hope I can still pre-order it. I'd rather not have to wait a while to actually buy the game after it comes out. I'll be depressed if I can't preorder it.

I preordered it off of Amazon. I only had to pay around $43 dollars while a friend of mine who preordered it off of GameStop said she had to pay around $50+ The only downside is that I have to wait 2 days after the release, which isn't really a big deal for me. So I recommend you preorder it off of Amazon.

Edited by Quick

I preordered it off of Amazon. I only had to pay around $43 dollars while a friend of mine who preordered it off of GameStop said she had to pay around $50+ The only downside is that I have to wait 2 days after the release, which isn't really a big deal for me. So I recommend you preorder it off of Amazon.

I was in the same boat as your friend. I found the art book to tantalizing, so I shelled out the extra shipping cost and it will arrive the Wednesday after release. I only have one class that day. I have all day to play it before I go back to doing school work.

I'm glad I placed my preorder when I did. Now I'm not sure if I'm going to have to wait to pick it up until the 5th though.

That's what I've been wondering. Really hope I can get it on the 4th. Gonna try asking closer to the release date I think.

That's what I've been wondering. Really hope I can get it on the 4th. Gonna try asking closer to the release date I think.

My gamestop specifically told me I would be getting it on the fifth.

But considering the fact that he said the information for it hadn't been put into the computer until earlier that day, I think that's a sign that this particular gamestop is slow about getting stuff in. >>

But considering the fact that he said the information for it hadn't been put into the computer until earlier that day, I think that's a sign that this particular gamestop is slow about getting stuff in. >>

:C

I'm also worried they'll have the games in the store but still won't sell 'em till Tuesday for no reason. My gamestop usually has new releases a few days before hand, so I'm hoping they'll be able to sell 'em on the 4th. Will probably go in and talk to them on the 2nd and ask what they're doing.

Some of my friends that have worked at gamestop told me it's really just a release thing. The company prefers to do Tuesday releases, so I think a good chunk of stores aren't getting their games shipped to them until the 4th so they can be released out on the 5th (from what I've seen it doesn't seem to be a universal thing though??)

That being said, I pre-ordered my copy of Awakening back in December almost two weeks before Christmas and my store had it in their system already, but is doing the 5th release thing as well :/ so lame

I asked my friend whether they will be having the game available on the 4th or if we'll have to wait until the 5th. He told me that he would ask them when he goes there for work tomorrow. I know that I pre-ordered my copy back in December a few days before Christmas, so hopefully I can get it on the 4th and not have to deal with another day after release date thing like I did when Pokemon Conquest came out.

I found this out the hard way a few days ago. Since then I've consistently checked their website (in vain). I even e-mailed them to see what the deal was (cuz apparently no one tells the people at my Gamestop anything. They didn't know why it was unavailable). I've since then gone into full depression mode. I wouldn't even care if I didn't want the art book. =[

Think there's a chance they'll get more in? Or maybe someone will cancel their order?

Facepalm_emote_gif.gif

I found this out the hard way a few days ago. Since then I've consistently checked their website (in vain). I even e-mailed them to see what the deal was (cuz apparently no one tells the people at my Gamestop anything. They didn't know why it was unavailable). I've since then gone into full depression mode. I wouldn't even care if I didn't want the art book. =[

Think there's a chance they'll get more in? Or maybe someone will cancel their order?

Facepalm_emote_gif.gif

Gamestop isn't the only place to offer preorders for FE awakening, according to the official site. Try one of the other places?

Gamestop isn't the only place to offer preorders for FE awakening, according to the official site. Try one of the other places?

Art book. =/

If I can't get it with the art book I'll get the game somewhere else. I wouldn't even buy from Gamestop were it not for the book. Why can't any other retailers get pre-order bonuses? Gamestop already has quite the monopoly on Gaming specialized retailing (which is why I like to buy from other places if I can).

Most Gamestop employees don't know crap. Not because they're terrible, but because their higher ups never give them information. When I went to ask them about the bundle a few days after the facebook post about it, they didn't even have it listed in their computer. I went in today asking if they knew if they'd get their shipment in late, he said he knew nothing about it but it hasn't shipped to their store yet. He also said he'd send someone down the strip to let me know if there's any changes. <3 my Gamestop, they kick ass.

For whatever this is worth, Amazon's claiming their pre-orders for the game "may be affected by manufacturer shipping delays".

Pretty sure that's just their way of saying "we sold more than anticipated, but we're ordering more, however it might take a couple of days to get more".

I wasn't aware of this, and I just walked into a Gamestop today to preorder. The attendants both went "AAUUUGGHH" and told me I was probably the fourth person to come in just that day and ask for a preorder.

This is one Gamestop of three within less than a mile of each other.

Most Gamestop employees don't know crap. Not because they're terrible, but because their higher ups never give them information. When I went to ask them about the bundle a few days after the facebook post about it, they didn't even have it listed in their computer. I went in today asking if they knew if they'd get their shipment in late, he said he knew nothing about it but it hasn't shipped to their store yet. He also said he'd send someone down the strip to let me know if there's any changes. <3 my Gamestop, they kick ass.

Same thing sort of happened to me i asked the employee who was working on my pre order and i asked is Eb Games going to have the Artbook and their answer was we don't even know and all they said was check there website and so i did and it lead me to Eb Games Canada site and i'm like wtf so the website knows while u who works here doesn't Facepalm_emote_gif.gif

Edited by Xeroix