You'd Think FE Alone....

Mighty J

I was planning on creating a profile here and being all fanboy when Awakening hit stores in a few days... but then IS decided to go and announce what may be the greatest crossover of all time.

I've been enamored of the Fire Emblem series since Blazing Sword came out way back when... and only a few months ago just heard of Serenes Forest. I am a bad gamer. sad.gif

But, it's good to see a site so dedicated. That's all. Just sayin' hey. smile.gif

I was planning on creating a profile here and being all fanboy when Awakening hit stores in a few days... but then IS decided to go and announce what may be the greatest crossover of all time.

I've been enamored of the Fire Emblem series since Blazing Sword came out way back when... and only a few months ago just heard of Serenes Forest. I am a bad gamer. sad.gif

But, it's good to see a site so dedicated. That's all. Just sayin' hey. smile.gif

Welcome to the Site Fellow FE and SMT fan :D

What is SMT and why

Well, SMT is a wonderful story that tries to depress you to death. gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

For reals though. It depends on the game... usually it involves something about something traumatic happening to the world and having to find a way to either survive and rebuild, or to discover WHY it happened to begin with. Have some cliff notes!

SMT! - You're a guy who gets a Demon Summoning program and gets involved with the end of the world. Afterwards, you side with a chaos cult, a kingdom of law, or try to forge your own way as you try to find your own way in the world. Very archaic.

SMT2! - The one that everyone remembers. Taking off after the neutral ending of SMT, you play as Hawk, a gladiator in some slums who eventually works towards creating a world of law, chaos, or human-ruled freedom. I don't DARE spoil the ending.

SMT If...! - Students at a high school are drawn into Makai because that one student everyone picked on decided to murder everyone with demons and goes kind demonic sociopath. It's actually the one that leads to Persona. I'm serious. Tamaki Uchida is the female main character in this game, and it's been shown that the 'Personaverse' spins off from her. The male main character's tale spins off into SMT: Khan, a rather odd manga.

SMT Nocturne! - The one that popularized the main series SMT series. The world ends, and you become a half-demon (Hitoshura) that works to rebuild it based on an ideal. Very, VERY grimdark.

SMT 4 - i'unno. Is not out yet. laugh.gif

And those are just the ones that were shown in the preview... there's Strange Journey, Devil Survivor, Raidou Kuzunoha/Devil Summoner, the main Persona series... there are a *Iot* of games under the SMT moniker. :)