Melee at the EVO tournament

Vorena

Apparently, the large tournament hoster EVO has set-up a donation drive to decide which game will be the 8th entry into its line-up for the year.

Melee is apart of it and neck and neck with Skullgirls. All donations go to Breast Cancer.

Source: http://shoryuken.com/2013/01/08/evo-2013-details-game-lineup-get-your-game-to-evo-and-road-to-evo-events/

That's pretty cool actually how much those fighting games are getting together.

I clicked into this not from the general forum not knowing the sub-forum this was in and thought you were saying there was a fistfight at EVO. I am now disappointed such was not the case and do not know what to do with my life.

I like Melee more than Skullgirls but Skullgirls is oddly more fun to watch.

Insert whycan'twehavebothgirl=>applause.jpg

Seriously, it's nice to hear people are even allowed to suggest Melee at Evo again, but Skullgirls could probably use it more. Unless the Melee scene shrunk even more while I wasn't looking? Which I guess can't really rule out, to be honest.

now predicting an actual promotional blood sport event at EVO someday

Edited by Rehab

I'm honestly cracking up at how shattered the communities are and at how much hate some games are getting because of this. Sure, I can see why people would want a game they'll actually play in EVO, but all this has generated so much dislike between the respective games' players that it's almost insane. It's like people can't think of anything else than themselves. Each to their own I suppose, and I think it's a good thing that the money is going to charity but most of the claims and posts regarding the other games are outright hilarious.

Oh well, it's a crazy world. At least around here tournaments of both Smash and non-Smash games are held happily in unison.

Edited by Piss Macho Macho Macho

• 2 months later...

Insert whycan'twehavebothgirl=>applause.jpg

Seriously, it's nice to hear people are even allowed to suggest Melee at Evo again, but Skullgirls could probably use it more. Unless the Melee scene shrunk even more while I wasn't looking? Which I guess can't really rule out, to be honest.

now predicting an actual promotional blood sport event at EVO someday

if anything, the Melee scene has been relatively constant since like 2010 (while Skullgirls is virtually nonexistent)