Review Thread

Merric

So the game will be out soon in the US and some of the bigger online gaming sites will start to post their reviews, i thought it might be a good idea to have a link thread that people can add to when reviews are posted :) Also has anyone seen any reviews of the game so far in magazines? I think i was someone posted some pictures of a mag review in another thread somewhere... game got a good review and a 9/10 score irrc.

So yes, reviews: post 'em when you see 'em!

I will try to keep this up to date and if a review contains spoilers (such as the Game Trailer review) i will post a warning. Please keep in mind that the reviews are landing pretty quickly at the moment so I'm not able to read all of them for spoilers right away.

Direct Links and Score Summary:

GameXplain Video Review (score 4/5) - thanks B00te

IGN (score 9.6/10) - thanks Bakadanaa

Joystiq (score 4.5/5) - thanks B00te

Destructoid (score 9/10) - thanks Lushiris

Gaming Trend (score 93%)

Dark Station (score 5/5)

Game Informer (score 9/10)

Nintendo World Report (score 9.5/10) - thanks Onestep

==Spoilerific review== GameTrailers Video Review (score 8.5/10) - thanks Ariadust ==Be warned AGAIN: this review is pretty spoilerific==

Polygon (score 8.5/10)

RPGamer (score 4.5/5)

Nintendo Life (score 9/10)

Games Radar (score 4.5/5)

EGM (score 9/10)

Worth Playing (score 9/10)

Games Beat (score 94%)

Cheat Code Central (score 4.7/5)

The Escapist (score 5/5)

Shack News (no score given)

GotGame (score 4.5/5)

Tiny Cartridge (score "i love you, you bastard...") -> probably the best rating ive ever seen.

Wired (no score given)

Game Revolution (score 4.5/5)

Modojo (score 4.5/5)

Game Limit (score 9/10)

Kotaku (no score)

Blistered Thumbs (score 9/10)

Snackbar Games (score 5/5)

Just Push Start (score 9.5/10)

Gaming Age (score A grade)

ZTDG (score 9.2/10)

Gamespot (score 8.5/10) - thanks Mikhal

Machinima (score 9/10)

Canadian Online Gamers (score 91/100) - thanks Wheels

1UP (score A- grade) - thanks Thunderfox

ANN (score A- grade) - thanks Mad_scientist

Gaming Nexus (score 9.8/10) - thanks Mad_scientist

Honest Gamers (score 9/10) - thanks Mad_scientist

Screw Attack (score 9.5/10) - thanks Constable Reggie

Crunchyroll (no score given) - thanks Mad_scientist

Pocket Gamer (score 10/10)

Gamers Temple (score 98%)

ToonZone (9.6/10) - special thanks Jave for actually writing this one

Gamer Horizon (8/10) -special thanks Kythlyn for actually writing this one

Current Metacritic overall score = 92% from 29 reviews

EDIT: I will update first post as they come in, the first batch are a pretty good start I'd say!

Edited by Merric

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah i remember that when the game was released - i was thinking of an English language mag scan that someone did and it had a 9/10 score at the end. Cant check properly now on all the forums that i read because im at work and at least need to pretend im being productive :P

I just want a vote, like the one Nintendo Dream, or the Japanese site did. I really want to see how character popularity stacks up in the West as compared to Japan.

Considering how Nono/Nowi placed 10th... I wonder the comparison of the number of lolicons there are in the West.

i get that this will change due to how averages work and only a few reviews are out but currently on metacritic FE:A has a critic average of 93% which makes it the joint second highest average 3ds game on there (second only to the stunning Zelda: Ocarina of time). As much as i would like to see it stay there i think it will settle into a mid-high 80's average.

Edited by Merric

Wut. How dare they say the story is dull in convoluted! I'm sorry you can't handle text, Mr. Reviewer.

Luckily not all the reviews were like that, but I like how they say the story drags on... when it really doesn't in the slightest, unless you can't handle a couple minutes of exposition (WHICH YOU CAN SKIP EVEN ON YOUR FIRST RUN, If they're that annoying). That's one of FE's biggest draws, that the story is fleshed-out and well-structured.

Also, I hesitate to watch the Gametrailers review, but how bad is it?

Luckily not all the reviews were like that, but I like how they say the story drags on... when it really doesn't in the slightest, unless you can't handle a couple minutes of exposition (WHICH YOU CAN SKIP EVEN ON YOUR FIRST RUN, If they're that annoying). That's one of FE's biggest draws, that the story is fleshed-out and well-structured.

Also, I hesitate to watch the Gametrailers review, but how bad is it?

Eh, it shows a bunch of the animated cutscenes from the second half of the game. It also shows a certain someone all over the place.

Eh, it shows a bunch of the animated cutscenes from the second half of the game. It also shows a certain someone all over the place.

...Don't tell me they showed

Lucina without her mask off for more than 5 seconds. That's just dumb.

They even showed stuff from the second half of the game? Really, Gametrailers? -_-

...Don't tell me they showed

Lucina without her mask off for more than 5 seconds. That's just dumb.

They even showed stuff from the second half of the game? Really, Gametrailers? -_-

Yeeeeeeeep.

They showed her promoted model at the 30 sec mark, Chrom's child., her eye, her getting a level up, her promoted sprite, the ending of the review using a clip of the "reveal".

So it's a lot longer than just 5 seconds.