Review Thread

Merric

Haha. "It Ends" Is quite possiblely the greatest listing of a flaw possible. And given that you can still play dlc and side quests, not exactly true either

Not to mention the fact that you have the very convenient ability to just do and say "Its over. Let's do it AGAIN!!!" and make the same or different choices! Honestly, like all games, it set out to make the game fun on the first play, but is one of the few to not only pack in so much postgame but also make playing it all over again just as fun as the first time. And again. And again. And again.....

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I'd continue to gush, I tried the game on a "regular" 3DS and found the graphics much smaller and less suited to the screen. The XL's larger top and bottom screen allowed more detail and greater readability.

What does this mean? Doesn't the 3DS XL just stretch the images to fit it's bigger screen? Or does Fire Emblem Awakening really show another more detailed interface when it detects its running on a XL?

I liked the Kotaku review. It gushed a little, but it presented the review from not only a more positive perspective on the game itself, but someone who new what they were talking about. Some of the other reviews were done by people who didn't know a whole lot about the game, others seemed to have a big bias against the game, but this was a nice review in comparison to those, to be honest.

Reading one of the new reviews on Metacritic...

"During this story you’ll discover there is more going on, as strange beings known as Risen are attacking all the towns in the game world and there is one really evil leader, Marth, whose goal is to see that anything remotely human is obliterated."

I just...what? That's almost as bad as Rey and Arietta being married!

http://canadianonlinegamers.com/review/fire-emblem-awakening-3ds-review/

Reading one of the new reviews on Metacritic...

"During this story you'll discover there is more going on, as strange beings known as Risen are attacking all the towns in the game world and there is one really evil leader, Marth, whose goal is to see that anything remotely human is obliterated."

http://canadianonlin...ing-3ds-review/

Facepalm_emote_gif.gif Just... why. WHY.

have updated to add the new reviews - sorry for the delay, i was lost to work and ... you know.. actually playing the game :)

There will also be a bunch of new reviews that come out when the game hits Europe in a few months so will keep adding the scores as they appear.

Edited by Merric

Okay, I just saw this now because the thread got bumped from another review... but...

"During this story you’ll discover there is more going on, as strange beings known as Risen are attacking all the towns in the game world and there is one really evil leader, Marth, whose goal is to see that anything remotely human is obliterated."

Ummm... errr...

Uhhh...

Uhhh...

I need to lie down.

The horrendous amount of mindscrew is too much to handle.

• 1 month later...

Bit of a necro-thread bump but the European reviews have been landing for a while now and with the EU release only a few days away I thought it worth highlighting that Metacritic has an average rating of 91% after 51 reviews. Even the lower scores are positive reviews.

Im not going to update the first post to reflect all the new review because that would take AGES. A particular highlight for me was the Eurogamer review, I’m a long time reader and its good to see they have reviewed it with a perfect score. As you can see in the comments below the review the prefect has taken quite a few people by surprise (a pleasant surprise though).

Edited by Merric

Review topic without the EXTREMELY INFAMOUS AND INFLUENTAL AND HIGH QUALITY SUPER MEGA.....

Okay thats too stupid

I really recommended Westbrick Review. Because to be perfectly honest there are little to no review that is as good as his

http://www.gamefaqs.com/3ds/643003-fire-emblem-awakening/reviews/review-153477

Score: 4/10

It should be noted most reader considered his support more of a 6/10, but its a good review, so yeah I reccomend this one.

azn_boy's is pretty cool too

http://www.gamefaqs.com/3ds/643003-fire-emblem-awakening/reviews/review-153272

Edited by JSND