How Old Are FE13 Players? Will you ever "Quit"?

GamingPandas

191 members have voted

1. 1. Please choose your age :)

• 15-18
    • 19-22
    • 23-28
    • 29-35
    • 36+

Gonna be turning 21 this year and I've been gaming since I was about maybe 6 or 7, but now that I'm older with more responsibilities and stuff, I don't usually play nearly as often as I used to....But then again, when it comes to the weekend, gaming is about all I do.

Anyways, when it comes to "quitting", I doubt I'll ever do that altogether. Especially with Fire Emblem.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So long as the industry continues to grow as a medium and I can find work in it, I'll always be playing video games. They're too much fun and the possibilities presented are too great for me to abandon it completely.

23 and I've been since I was around 4 or 5. Nothing beats the memories ı have playing on the Sega and SNES. And I will be a gamer til the day I die. Also i have my bachelor's degree in game design and one day I hope to be the one writing the stories for the current and future generations to enjoy. That's my biggest dream anyway.

Where's that article about elderly people playing video games as a bit of a way to "stay sharp" as it were.

My dad plays video games, and he's pretty close to being an elderly person if not one outright. (He was around 40 when he first got the NES to be specific.)

The way I see it, people are just as old enough for video games as they are for cartoons. If something catches your attention, chances are you'll enjoy it. And if you enjoy something, well, you enjoy it plainly and simply. It doesn't matter what your age is. Like Walt Disney said, Adults are grown-up kids anyway.

I bet most of the 21+ year olds were introduced to FE via ssbm. Am I right? :3

Actually a friend of mine introduced me to the original FEs on the SNES (on an emulator mind you). First one I played was sword of seals though xD and I couldn't read Japanese.

Actually a friend of mine introduced me to the original FEs on the SNES (on an emulator mind you). First one I played was sword of seals though xD and I couldn't read Japanese.

Ah, you are lucky. I wish I had gotten into FE, earlier/I knew of the emulator. I'm a SSB Marth player, so I played the first NA release of FE when I first heard word of its release. If I weren't a Marth player, I may have not jumped on the game, right away!

TBH I actually don't remember which one I played first, SSBM or FE7. I feel like I got them very close at the same time and it didn't indicate much to me that they were connected. Marth and Roy were just "those two cool characters" and I don't recall searching for or expecting them to be in FE7 or vice versa with the FE7 characters. I think it was only after a bit that I actually realized that both were part of the same series. Its so hazy looking back now.....

TBH I actually don't remember which one I played first, SSBM or FE7. I feel like I got them very close at the same time and it didn't indicate much to me that they were connected. Marth and Roy were just "those two cool characters" and I don't recall searching for or expecting them to be in FE7 or vice versa with the FE7 characters. I think it was only after a bit that I actually realized that both were part of the same series. Its so hazy looking back now.....

I guess I was just a crazy Marth fan. He was the only character I used and eventually, he was the only character I COULD use D: .

I guess I was just a crazy Marth fan. He was the only character I used and eventually, he was the only character I COULD use D: .

Yeah they were fun to use but I was more of a Link and Peach person back in the Melee days, until they nerfed them in brawl; now I'm a Pit person! :3

Edited by Silver Lightning

Sure. Bioware in particular is kinda cool. But I would still say that they are more the exception rather then the rule.

Bioware games are just as much of a dating sim aimed at horny teenagers as FE13, except the actual gameplay is far worse. How are they any better?

24, learned about fire emblem Well before SSBM =p though I've only played 7 on, with the exception of 12 (cause I don't plan on importing, whatever =p) I've played video games since I was like 4 or 5, got an NES for my birthday and I've loved playing them since. ^^

Sure. Bioware in particular is kinda cool. But I would still say that they are more the exception rather then the rule.

That's pretty odd coming from you. In Dragon Age: Origins your character can end up having sex with nugs/pigs at the in-game brothel.

I bet most of the 21+ year olds were introduced to FE via ssbm. Am I right? :3

To be honest, I've never played any games in the Smash Bros. series, but I think a good number of older American Fire Emblem fans were brought in that way. I mean, Melee is probably the biggest reason FE7 was released in English when the rest of the series up to that point had been left completely untouched.

Bioware games are just as much of a dating sim aimed at horny teenagers as FE13, except the actual gameplay is far worse. How are they any better?

Not to mention the cringe-inducing dialogue in their romances... Much of it is practically Twilight quality writing.

That's pretty odd coming from you. In Dragon Age: Origins your character can end up having sex with nugs/pigs at the in-game brothel.

wait what

Edited by Hrodulf

Just turned 19 and i'm scared as hell that i won't have time for video games.

I am 26 years old, and I still have time for video games. Hell, my YouTube channel is dedicated to games, and I started making gaming videos when I was 20 years old. Now if I wasn't as lazy....

Edited by BLS

Well, I've been playing FE for 8 years now and I still love it... yeah I don't think I'll ever quit. I stopped for sometime somewhere along the way because I lost my FE7 cartridge, but still.

Edited by Warg

When I was nine, my stepdad tried EVERYTHING to wean me off of Pokemon. Yet here I am almost 11 years later, excited as hell for X and Y to be released. Point is, you're never too old for gaming. And any "rule" society follows in saying so is dumb. Even during my childhood, my parents would beg me to do a few rounds in Mario Kart 64 with them.. and they're in their 50's now. So don't be a sheep. Don't let society's view of something fun change your view of what you love. You grow out of something? That's okay, let it take its course. But don't force yourself to quit gaming just to meet expectations of people you may have never met.

*btw 19 going on 20 still gaming lololololol tacos *shot**

I've been a gamer ever since I was old enough to hold a controller. Nintendo is a HUGE part of my life, it got me through some of my HARDEST times in my life. I'll never stop playing games, and I'm only 23. I've got plenty of life left in me (knock on wood), and I will spend most of that time gaming.

I read somewhere that the average age for gamers is 38 or something like that. The idea that gaming is for children is plain wrong. It's just like saying. "Will I enjoy films or music less as I get older?"

This plz.

Seriously. Wreck It Ralph wasn't aiming just for the little kids. It was trying to get gamers of all ages to feel the nostalgia factor. Mind you, anyone old enough to remember ye olde arcade games have to be at least forty?

I started gaming as a kid and I'm not going to stop anytime soon.