Physical copies of fire emblem awakening may be delayed.

Mikhal

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While I'm anxious for my 3DS bundle to arrive, I have enough to do in the meantime to hold myself over.

What I'm more worried about is getting my full money's worth for the 3DS that I may never use for another game...

I just called my gamestop again and was lucky enough to get on the phone with the most knowledgeable worker in the store. He double checked their corporate emails for me and he said they have been notified of shipping delays to their store, but their system still tells them that tuesday is when they should be expecting their shipment.

He also pointed out that Nintendo did the same thing with the Adventure Time game on the 3DS and is baffled on why they shot themselves in the foot with Fire Emblem as well considering how much they've been advertising this game. I'm staying hopeful but I'm worried about having to wait possibly up until Friday, sigh.

Well, I won't find out anything regarding a possible delay at my GameStop until tomorrow morning. I've annoyed my GameStop enough with phone calls, so I'm just gonna wait until tomorrow to ask.

Well, I won't find out anything regarding a possible delay at my GameStop until tomorrow morning. I've annoyed my GameStop enough with phone calls, so I'm just gonna wait until tomorrow to ask.

Haha I've done the same thing. One of the older female workers at my store is already annoyed with how much I've called, but thankfully the guy who I assume is the manager there (he's been there longer than anyone else at that store) doesn't care if I call often and told me to call him again tomorrow, which I will. I could barely afford the game, I can't afford the gas to make a near 20 mile round trip to check out my store in person : (

Well... at this rate i guess i will get a digital copy and then give the physical one i ordered on amazon to a friend of mine as a late birthday gift, because that one still says it will arrive on the 6th.

Edited by Carilhelol

Haha I've done the same thing. One of the older female workers at my store is already annoyed with how much I've called, but thankfully the guy who I assume is the manager there (he's been there longer than anyone else at that store) doesn't care if I call often and told me to call him again tomorrow, which I will. I could barely afford the game, I can't afford the gas to make a near 20 mile round trip to check out my store in person : (

Seems like you are in a similar situation as I am. The only reason I am able to go to GameStop is because it's on the way to my college and I can only go up there Mondays through Thursdays since it'd be a wasted trip up to that GameStop on Sundays and Fridays. DX Saturdays are only if I'm doing errands and such. I'm just glad that the one guy who works there is so much more informative than the girl(who is probably the manager)...

Called my manager at GS just now. Says that he didn't receive any messages or anything regarding delays to our store but our system doesn't say any of them are inbound. Usually though, it's an overnight shipment, so... a bit ambiguous for our store.

So I'm not going to cheer just yet, but still hopeful.

And as for release, almost every 'big' game is usually streetdated to be on a Tuesday for as far as I can remember, why, I don't know just yet, should ask sometime. Eh, working there for months now.

Edited by Clessin

I'm so crazy about this game that I am crying at this news :( Why is this happening?? I don't get it? I LOVE this series so much and now that all of this hype is happening people who have never heard about this game are going to have it before a loyal fan. If I don't get my copy in the mail 2morrow I might just make a scene at my local Gamestop and Best Buy.

I can walk to the closest Gamestop to my house, which is where I preordered my physical copy, but the one I preordered my bundle at is across town by Dick's Sporting Goods.

Gah, I told my stepdad I wanted to go back to the real close one that day! -_-

It's not so much that I'm worried about not getting my game, it's being out of all the money I paid for the bundle and having to force my mom/stepdad to drive me back and forth just to see if I CAN get the stuff yet.

Edited by Anacybele

Seems like you are in a similar situation as I am. The only reason I am able to go to GameStop is because it's on the way to my college and I can only go up there Mondays through Thursdays since it'd be a wasted trip up to that GameStop on Sundays and Fridays. DX Saturdays are only if I'm doing errands and such. I'm just glad that the one guy who works there is so much more informative than the girl(who is probably the manager)...

Seems like it. I'm not in school at the moment and am still trying to find a stable job though since I'm making absolute crap for cash and won't get payed until sometime next week so I have to conserve what gas I have, so no extra trips to gamestop for me : ( Just have to keep bothering them with calls is all. But I'm not just juggling my order, my friend pre-ordered the bundle from that store and put it in my name since she's out of town at a wedding so I've got to manage two orders. That's why I'm glad my store is saying the bundle is shipping with the cartridges ha...

I HAVE NOTHING TO DO FOR THIS WEEK, I HAVE NO COMPUTER, I HAVE NO CLASSES, OR ANY CHORES BECAUSE IT'S FUCKING FLOODED OUT THERE.

HELL, I'M ALREADY BORED WITH ALL OF THE ROMS I HAVE. (Still playing them though)

I WILL MURDER SOMEONE IF I DON'T GET IT.

Empty post is empty.

I certainly hopes I will acquire the bundle I preordered tomorrow.

Or else.

Seems like it. I'm not in school at the moment and am still trying to find a stable job though since I'm making absolute crap for cash and won't get payed until sometime next week so I have to conserve what gas I have, so no extra trips to gamestop for me : ( Just have to keep bothering them with calls is all. But I'm not just juggling my order, my friend pre-ordered the bundle from that store and put it in my name since she's out of town at a wedding so I've got to manage two orders. That's why I'm glad my store is saying the bundle is shipping with the cartridges ha...

Yeah. I need to get a job myself and I'm borrowing the money to get the game from my parents, which honestly makes me feel like crap because I hate doing that...That's also the reason why I can't afford to download the game from the eShop...

I can't get the game from the eShop because I'll basically already have it with the bundle, and I can't afford it either. I don't have a lot of spending money in my bank account and I'm still looking for a job myself. I'll hopefully get hired soon since I have a job coach to help me, but still. ._.

Yeah. I need to get a job myself and I'm borrowing the money to get the game from my parents, which honestly makes me feel like crap because I hate doing that...That's also the reason why I can't afford to download the game from the eShop...

I wouldnt mind just cancelling my order and getting a digital copy if 1. I didn't want that artbook so damn much and 2. it didn't take up so much space. I'm still using the default 2gb one mine game with and that would clear out all remaining space alone just by downloading it. And I can't really afford a new memory card at the moment either... I only make $300 a month, most of my money is gone between bills and surprise expenses that pop up each month.

I wouldnt mind just cancelling my order and getting a digital copy if 1. I didn't want that artbook so damn much and 2. it didn't take up so much space. I'm still using the default 2gb one mine game with and that would clear out all remaining space alone just by downloading it. And I can't really afford a new memory card at the moment either... I only make $300 a month, most of my money is gone between bills and surprise expenses that pop up each month.

Same here. I'm still using the default 2GB memory card as well. And I'd have to get rid of three big eShop games that I downloaded on Christmas, which two haven't been beaten or started yet....

hoping my GS is still getting it tomorrow

they said yesterday it would be arriving on the 4th but hearing this...worries me

Same here. I was informed my GameStop would get their shipment in tomorrow, but this shipping delay worries me as well. Even if it's just at the back of my mind...

Hey guys, you do know that if you preorder, Gamestop calls you when their shipment arrives, right? I know, I forgot about this myself, until my mom reminded me. xP

Actually my store tends to forget to do this even though they're pretty good at keeping tabs on things. I never got calls for DA2, ME3, MvC3, etc so I'm mostly calling them out of paranoia

Actually my store tends to forget to do this even though they're pretty good at keeping tabs on things. I never got calls for DA2, ME3, MvC3, etc so I'm mostly calling them out of paranoia

Oh, geez. Well, I know the stores I've used have been pretty good about it. Like we got a call for a game my younger brother preordered for Xbox.

When I asked about getting a call about my game being ready, I was told it was an automated phone call...Then again, I never got a call/text when Pokemon White 2 came in...