• Henry
    • Laurent
  2. 2. Healers

• Lissa
    • Maribelle
    • Libra
    • Brady
    • Anna

There seems to be an abundance of magicians in this game, and not everyone has the time to train them all before the endgame, so, who is the best/most efficient/reliable? This is not counting reclassing of course, and I'm aware that there are many options with promotions as well, but I won't count those either. You usually only need a few mages, and one or two healers, so who is not worth the weight?

Edited by Knight

Tharja or Henry are monsters with Nosferatu as their disposal, but if you need an additional staffbot, Miriel will make ends meet. Ricken, Laurent (well, maybe... depends on the parents), Maribelle, and Brady are most likely to be the characters you bench.

I'm planning Lissa, Miriel, Tharja and Avatar. I prefer magic for my MU and Lissa comes so much earlier than Mariabel that she'll be better than her by the time you get her. Miriel helps and she's better than nothing. Tharja comes in later though, and then you get Dark Magic. It's more of Ricken, Laurent, and Henry are less useful since the girls are better. I do plan on using Anna and Libera, since I like added healing though and prefer magic units to physical ones, but Tharja and Lissa would be the best, but Miriel is great if you want your Avatar to use something else or want more magic.

Honestly, just because I actually have the ability to in this game like Sacred Stones, I'm using all of them. Yes, EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER! One of my biggest OCD problems with Fire Emblem is that in most games I can't use everyone and have to choose a select few; that has always irked me to no end! Of course, it makes sense not to use them all in higher difficulties like lunatic, but I'm not playing those unless I happen to get some more screws loose in my head.

Honestly, just because I actually have the ability to in this game like Sacred Stones, I'm using all of them. Yes, EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER! One of my biggest OCD problems with Fire Emblem is that in most games I can't use everyone and have to choose a select few; that has always irked me to no end! Of course, it makes sense not to use them all in higher difficulties like lunatic, but I'm not playing those unless I happen to get some more screws loose in my head.

I'll actually be doing the same. I was so glad that this game is like SS to where you're able to level up everyone evenly.

I tend to use characters I like, regardless of how good their stats are. I will likely bring Ricken and Henry along for magic, and have Lissa and Libra for healing. With maps like in SS, and Casual Mode, I can use any unit I want, even if they suck. >n>

I tend to go with personal bias choices as well, it's what's compelled me to use Forde in every run of SS I ever did despite the fact he usually craps out on me

I'll probably use both Lissa and Maribelle healer wise. Lissa's available early on and Maribelle's a troubadour so yeah. That extra movement is invaluable to me.

As for the others, I'll really have to see how they are in game. I want to use Henry since he seems entertaining as can be, but he comes in pretty late doesn't he??

I'm at Chapter 19, and I have to say Henry is my personal favorite mage out of the options on the poll (Although I use Morgan reclassed to tactician later promoted to Grandmaster for both swords and magic, forgoing the other mages) and I alternate between Lissa and Maribelle for healers.

Edited by Zelos